Coronavirus (COVID-19)

NS suggesting that the treasury should be extending the furlough scheme. And points to a 2 year scheme they have in France.

I think she'd quite happily see us all sit on our ever expanding fat arses for years to come.

(Would save her having to make any decisions I suppose)

Edited by Steven W

26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I find it absolutely staggering that, when confronted with the figure that GDP has dropped by 20%, NS's response is to appeal to WM for more money.

Deaths following a positive Covid-19 test now form just 3% of expected daily deaths. How low does this figure need to fall before we accept that we need to get moving?

The obvious solution is to allow businesses to open, and people to earn & spend money.

Likewise. Galling in fact. 

Is there SNP business secretary type person. And if so, how come we never hear from him / her?

Edit - There is. Fiona Hyslop. Speaks volumes I, and I'd bet many others, haven't heard of her.

Edited by Steven W

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I still maintain f**k all could be done till furlough was in place but they weren't saying this at the time:

I think you are right on both points.

It would be nice if the SNP were given a good shake in the election next year on the back of the way they have handled every step of this, but that won't happen.

5 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

My girlfriend is a teacher and has had her feet up since lockdown started.

We live in England and obviously each school will be doing things differently, but her "return to work" until the six weeks is now one half day a week.

Pics or...

Spoiler

teacher.thumb.jpg.68b6e6fe5d20b6a323edb2e1561a7573.jpg

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It would be nice if the SNP were given a good shake in the election next year on the back of the way they have handled every step of this, but that won't happen.

As opposed to the Tories and how they’ve handled it and Scottish Labour who are beyond hopeless? Nah you’re alright.

I’m not a horse racing fan by any means, but I thought it was starting back in Scotland (behind closed doors) from June 22nd? I haven’t heard any more about it being approved by the SG. Anyone know what’s happening?
The BHA routinely scheduled fixtures at Scottish tracks from 22 June, didn't necessarily mean they were going to happen, requires SG approval.

Just now, Rodhull said:

As opposed to the Tories and how they’ve handled it and Scottish Labour who are beyond hopeless? Nah you’re alright.

It is this untouchable attitude due to unwavering support from fanboys that allows the SNP to do whatever the f**k they want without any fear.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

It is this untouchable attitude due to unwavering support from fanboys that allows the SNP to do whatever the f**k they want without any fear.

The absolute hopelessness of any of the opposition parties plays a major part in it as well.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Correct (again).

I can't remember the last time I didn't vote SNP (couple of decades ago I'd guess). And despite all this, I'll probably do so at the next election.

But I've still got enough about me to question what's going on here and not necessarily support the policies because of who they came from.

29 minutes ago, Steven W said:

NS suggesting that the treasury should be extending the furlough scheme. And points to a 2 year scheme they have in France.

I think she'd quite happily see us all sit on our ever expanding fat arses for years to come.

She's definitely got the Nae Fun gene that tends to afflict many Scottish woman of a certain age. 

Just now, Rodhull said:

The absolute hopelessness of any of the opposition parties plays a major part in it as well.

True.

However Scottish Labour, for example, could produce a manifesto that was absolutely outstanding, but due to their position as a unionist party they have no chance.

Scotland needs, at least in Holyrood, a second pro-independence party to enable the SNP to face any real opposition.

I've said before I support the SNP. But that doesn't mean I can't see they are perhaps getting a little too comfortable in assuming Scotland will support them blindly.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I’m not a horse racing fan by any means, but I thought it was starting back in Scotland (behind closed doors) from June 22nd? I haven’t heard any more about it being approved by the SG. Anyone know what’s happening?

The BHA routinely scheduled fixtures at Scottish tracks from 22 June, didn't necessarily mean they were going to happen, requires SG approval.

Yeah I know it needed SG approval, but I’ve heard nothing either way. Still seem I to be in limbo with 10 days to go until it’s  supposed to be at Ayr 

28 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Astounding really. I’m 35 and I’m out of work because of this. I find it ridiculous that “young” folk like me are on the scrap heap when we’re fit, able and willing to work! I honestly think NS wants zero deaths and zero new cases for a few months before she wants to get things moving again 

Sturgeon's comments today point to a strategy of trying to eradicate the virus entirely before considering punting their beloved social distancing and countless other restrictions in the bin. Which is absolutely fucking insane. We left the New Zealand style track fully four months ago and we're not going to get back there anytime soon by just staying in Phase 1 or 2. 

What started out as an emergency response to stop critical health services from being overwhelmed has now been turned into an indefinite drive to prevent any single infection from happening. Nobody signed up for that and I wouldn't be surprised to see a turn in public attitudes accordingly.

Likewise. Galling in fact. 
Is there SNP business secretary type person. And if so, how come we never hear from him / her?
Edit - There is. Fiona Hyslop. Speaks volumes I, and I'd bet many others, haven't heard of her.
The fact that you haven't heard of fiona hyslop only shows the level of knowledge /ignorance you have regarding Scottish politics.

Nothing else.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

By voting for who exactly ?

The problem, as I alluded to later, is there isn't anyone else

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

The fact that you haven't heard of fiona hyslop only shows the level of knowledge /ignorance you have regarding Scottish politics.

Nothing else.

Bollocks. I'm not for a second suggesting I'm some political expert. But tell you what, get yersel to Tesco tonight and ask everyone there "Who's the Scottish Business Secretary" and by and large you'll be met with blank faces. Guaranteed.