Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest JTS98
19 minutes ago, bendan said:

I'd describe it as the typical tit for tat shite China engages in (whether they started it or not in this case depends on your view). Calling it striking anti Australian rhetoric is a huge  exaggeration. Does Australia even allow Chinese in at the moment?

I think you're playing with words here.

I think one country telling its citizens that they should not visit a country them commonly visit because they'll likely be victim of a racist attack is striking rhetoric. If you don't, that's up to you.

Certainly, if you add to everything else China is involved with just now, we've got a bizarre pattern of behaviour. They're picking a lot of fights. 'Don't look over here, everybody, look over here'.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Boris is a psychopath. See definition below.

Psychopathy is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits. It is sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy.

I actually done this with my mate the other day - here is the Psychopath test:

•  glib and superficial charm
•  grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  cunning and manipulativeness
•  lack of remorse or guilt
•  shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
•  callousness and lack of empathy
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  poor behavioral controls
•  sexual promiscuity
•  early behavior problems
•  lack of realistic long-term goals
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  failure to accept responsibility for own actions
•  many short-term marital relationships
•  juvenile delinquency
•  revocation of conditional release
•  criminal versatility

Scoring system is 0, 1 or 2 points based on how severe each item is for that person. Anyone scoring over 30 would be considered for psychopathic treatment. I don't know about you but when I go through that list and apply each one to Johnson I find myself nodding and saying "yip" to just about all of them.

Guest JTS98
10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm yes, I'm sure that the PLA is shitting itself at the prospect of having to confront *checks notes* Malaysia or fucking Laos without having other allies in the region to back them up right now. The reason why China is throwing its weight around in the region is because they reckon that the Dayglo clown in the White House has got enough on his plate to deal with to stop them, it's a blatantly obvious power play.

Ill-informed once more. Just a couple of weeks ago our American keepers sent a couple of boats to ward the Chinese off. They've been telt.

They're not seriously going to attack anybody. Everyone knows that. That's precisely the point. They're just doing this for news at home.

I enjoy your staggeringly out of touch views on Asian geopolitics and culture. Keep them coming.

Today's figures continue an encouraging trend.

+14 infections brings the 7 day average to 26, and with 82 last wednesday and thursday combined this could drop considerably by the end of the week.

+7 deaths, whilst obviously shite for those impacted, is encouraging due to this being the first day after the weekend lag. 7 day average here is now 6.7

I read a stat last night that 7 day average ICU admissions were less than 1 by the week ending 31st May. This will be updated tomorrow for the week ending 7th June but it is a good indicator of the severity of the Covid cases that have been coming in to our hospitals.

Edited by Todd_is_God

•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  sexual promiscuity
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  juvenile delinquency
•  criminal versatility
Scoring system is 0, 1 or 2 points based on how severe each item is for that person. Anyone scoring over 30 would be considered for psychopathic treatment. I don't know about you but when I go through that list and apply each one to Johnson I find myself nodding and saying "yip" to just about all of them.

Agreed.

Interesting that McGregor in talking about being able to seperate the genetic lineage of the virus, and it's different mutations. Apparently 112 different lineages in Scotland, and evidence to suggest we had it even before the first cases became apparent in March. The vast majority of lineages are associated with Europe rather than the Far East.

Noted also that he particularly mentioned the lineage associated with the Nike conference and that lineage's absence after late March, implying that the contact-test team was successful in locking down that source at the time.

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Second wavers in ruins

It will be difficult to make a case for a second wave being imminent should we get to next Thursday with no increases.

It's common knowledge that death reporting is lagged. I wonder if the same applies to positive tests.

Edited by Todd_is_God

9 minutes ago, renton said:

Interesting that McGregor in talking about being able to seperate the genetic lineage of the virus, and it's different mutations. Apparently 112 different lineages in Scotland, and evidence to suggest we had it even before the first cases became apparent in March. The vast majority of lineages are associated with Europe rather than the Far East.

Noted also that he particularly mentioned the lineage associated with the Nike conference and that lineage's absence after late March, implying that the contact-test team was successful in locking down that source at the time.

They should have locked down Angus. 

32 minutes ago, renton said:

Gutted

image.png.eb93338c9ddd1df41a42a7724abd6e4c.png

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Gutted

image.png.eb93338c9ddd1df41a42a7724abd6e4c.png

Do you have to get a specific google search for Ian Murray looking like a labotomised hamster, or is it just generally one of the first things that comes up with an image search?

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  sexual promiscuity
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  juvenile delinquency
•  criminal versatility

I scored myself 10. 

Does scoring yourself have any credibility? Probably not... 

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Who are these angry shielding people journalists speak to? 

No one is making shielded people stay at home. It is a personal choice. You weigh up the risks and make a choice. How can anyone be angry at the government for trying to protect them? 

I'd imagine they are definitely not made up people, similar to "sources inside the club" and "a friend of the family".