ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Maitliss is always good (as is Lewis Goodall), which is why the government are boycotting Newsnight. 

Really ? Never knew that.  Might also explain why Kuntsberg behaves like a Tory moll.

25 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Newsnight MILF getting ripped into Cummings and his actions.. clawing back a tiny bit of credibility for the BBC.

They hit 170,000 randomly a few weeks ago.

We are due an update on the two week estimate thing. The guy today mentioned that we often see an increase in tests as they conduct those samples, something which I hadn't heard them say before. Guessing that is where that 170k appeared from.

Absolute NAP at some point later this week that sample is conducted to be part of around 200,000 test conducted in a day. Probably Thursday or Friday

Edited by Todd_is_God

I posted the Press and Journal charts and maps a few weeks ago, they have been updated since.

Testing has gone right up, average daily cases have fallen etc.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/2083381/coronavirus-in-scotland-track-the-spread-in-these-charts-and-maps1/

Coronavirus in Scotland – track the spread in these charts and maps

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Context is everything

Sounds more like the increase in infections came from within the hospital than from outwith.

There's also this but no context of how those numbers compare to other hospitals

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/weston-hospital-coronavirus-covid-somerset-4162300.amp?__twitter_impression=true

The media are desperate for a spike it seems.

If they are having to close A&E, that tells you that most of the infections are coming from without the hospital. 

Spoiler

:lol:

Edited by SoapMactavish

32 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't understand. I'm wrong to comment about new cases continuing to decrease all across Europe, even after lock downs are eased because you live in Spain which, apart from Madrid and Barcelona, have already eased some measures, however small, continued to see decreases, and are ready to ease more?

ETA Spain's Phase 1 easing is much more extensive than in the UK.

https://www.spainenglish.com/2020/05/25/lifting-lockdown-spain-full-details-phases/

Forgive me for seeing the same pattern absolutely everywhere and coming to the conclusion that nowhere has easing any lockdown restrictions resulted in an increase in cases, never mind a spike.

20200526_225427.jpg

Madrid and Barca are the two main areas and two of three biggest areas impacted. The easing cant be quarified yet as these areas make up the overwhelming majority of cases. 

This isnt difficult. You've bleated from the start about positivity and only see what you want. I cant help it if you're not able to understand figures. I honestly feel that using finger puppets would be too advanced for you. 

Madrid and Barca went to phase 1 yesterday. Valencia hasn't yet. How can this easing have any impact on figures? Or, has it been that a very strict lockdown had that impact? 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Is it that you want say, Austria's progress to be headline news in the UK? These things are covered but just not in a major way, you are always going to have to look for it.

The likes of the BBC/ITV were quite “happy” to show images from Italy as their headline when the number of deaths there was so high, same with their reporting of Spain’s high numbers. Yet they're strangely quiet now the numbers have decreased dramatically. 

19 minutes ago, SoapMactavish said:

If they are having to close A&E, that tells you that most of the infections are coming from without the hospital. 

Reveal hidden contents

:lol:

Swing and a miss

Spoiler

😂

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/weston-general-hospital-bosses-wont-4166441

"Sources at Weston General have told Bristol Live most of its Covid-19 patients contracted the virus after entering the hospital."

Edited by Todd_is_God

“Look how successful lengthy, strict (and in some cases still ongoing!) lockdowns are” is a strange thing for the “let’s all get out of lockdown” brigade to champion.

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.
Any right to the moral high ground was lost at that point.
This is finished. He's staying in his job.
No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.
Hypocrisy does love a cause.
What a fuss over nothing.
You really are a despicable little shit.

The posts I have seen are from the fucking families themselves - they have every fucking right to be angry and to share that anger.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Swing and a miss

Hide contents

😂

https://www.spainenglish.com/2020/05/25/lifting-lockdown-spain-full-details-phases/

"Sources at Weston General have told Bristol Live most of its Covid-19 patients contracted the virus after entering the hospital."

You don’t understand how hospitals work do you m9? People tend to you know, come in to A&E unwell, then get admitted, die, or are discharged. They don’t come in to hospital, get to the ward, get Covid then go to A&E. 

Nice source too, a Spanish blog, which on reading doesn’t mention anything about the UK Health Service.  :rolleyes:

Edited by SoapMactavish

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Madrid and Barca are the two main areas and two of three biggest areas impacted. The easing cant be quarified yet as these areas make up the overwhelming majority of cases. 

This isnt difficult. You've bleated from the start about positivity and only see what you want. I cant help it if you're not able to understand figures. I honestly feel that using finger puppets would be too advanced for you. 

Madrid and Barca went to phase 1 yesterday. Valencia hasn't yet. How can this easing have any impact on figures? Or, has it been that a very strict lockdown had that impact? 

I'm not sure what you are struggling to grasp tbh.

I've made a perfectly valid observation about the trend across Europe in places that have started easing.

Madrid only relaxing measures yesterday doesn't change that. You brought Madrid specifically up, not me.

1 minute ago, SoapMactavish said:

You don’t understand how hospitals work do you m9? People tend to you know, come in to A&E unwell, then get admitted, die, or are discharged. They don’t come in to hospital, get to the ward, get Covid then go to A&E. 

Nice source too, a Spanish blog. :rolleyes:

Lolwut? They moved A&E outside to protect those coming to the hospital from getting infected whilst they disinfected the inside.

Being inside a building where 40% of the staff tested positive probably isn't ideal

Here's the correct source, which another poster posted a page or so back anyway.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/weston-general-hospital-bosses-wont-4166441

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not sure what you are struggling to grasp tbh.

I've made a perfectly valid observation about the trend across Europe in places that have started easing.

Madrid only relaxing measures yesterday doesn't change that. You brought Madrid specifically up, not me.

Your observation wasn't valid though. It was based on ham fisted analysis of what you want to see. Consistently, on this thread, you have plugged the same line and try to fit anything to back it. 

You're clearly thick as f**k. 

3 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Your observation wasn't valid though. It was based on ham fisted analysis of what you want to see. Consistently, on this thread, you have plugged the same line and try to fit anything to back it. 

You're clearly thick as f**k. 

Let me make this easy for you.

Find an example of a country which has eased restrictions, and subsequently observed an increase in cases.

If my observation is invalid, that should be easy for you.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Let me make this easy for you.

Find an example of a country which has eased restrictions, and observed an increase in cases.

If my observation is invalid, that should be easy for you.

You're so fucking thick. The Spanish graph you showed earlier - how does that back your post? 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Lolwut? They moved A&E outside to protect those coming to the hospital from getting infected whilst they disinfected the inside.

Being inside a building where 40% of the staff tested positive probably isn't ideal

Here's the correct source, which another poster posted a page or so back anyway.

Even with that article, it does not mention anywhere that they closed it due to deep cleaning. Which is not something they would do anyway. To shut an A&E means either you have too many patients presenting with symptoms, and/or there are too many patients with COVID  in the hospital to have any more admitted. Either way it means it’s not safe to have folk turning up at the door. 

10+ years working in an Emergency Department, I know what I’m talking about. 

22 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I'm assuming you mean phase 2? Valencia is in phase 1, my girlfriend has family out there who have been sending me photos of them in outside bars. The b*****ds.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The likes of the BBC/ITV were quite “happy” to show images from Italy as their headline when the number of deaths there was so high, same with their reporting of Spain’s high numbers. Yet they're strangely quiet now the numbers have decreased dramatically. 

The BBC ran a documentary during every night last week on the individuals involved front line within the Spanish health and care system, some of it was brutal.

What I find more disturbing is the lack of news about countries that have infections on the rise many are war torn and or suffer from poor living standards. Places like Southern Sudan and Syria just seem like an irrelevance. But then a journalist in these places at this time would be isolated and the risks would be too high to stay.

The coverage from other parts of the world is not that great, maybe due to restrictions and journalists unable to reach these places.

South Africa is the worst African country by recorded infections and deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-africa/

Wikipedia are keeping up with confirmed cases and have league tables

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Africa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Asia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_South_America

Brazil is horrendous right now and also noticed the number of deaths to cases in Ecuador as well.