Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

I'm watching it the noo.

31st July is the extension.

I've got tae be honest even when the all clear is sounded I'll still be taking it slowly.

My wife and I were saying the same. Mind you, we can't really do very much fast with my COPD and her rheumatoid arthritis...

30 minutes ago, The OP said:

I’d imagine the issue being referred to is the vast majority not being allowed in pubs if only 20 people are allowed in at a time.

An obvious solution to that would be to allow pubs / restaurants to make use of any and all outdoor land they have (e.g. beer gardens, car parks, a set distance into the street in town centers, roped off). This will allow as many of those as possible who wish to visit to do so (whilst maintaing distance) and allow establishments to obtain as much revenue as possible.

Going forward, if the distance can be reduced to 1m outdoors, this would potentially quadruple outdoor capacity. As it's coming in to summer, being outdoors is appealing.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone on here any ideas for arranging a home testing kit? My girlfriend has tried to order one online but it keeps saying they can't find her details and there doesn't appear to be any other way to speak to someone.

Phone number is there if you scroll down

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/test-and-protect/coronavirus-covid-19-testing

NS has said that not every element of phase 2 may go ahead.
I hope not, but you'd guess that if any part didn't go ahead it would be the pub beer gardens.

I would’ve thought beer gardens and meeting another household indoors would be the main sticking points, if there are to be any.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

I would’ve thought beer gardens and meeting another household indoors would be the main sticking points, if there are to be any.

I'll be honest I'll be annoyed if phase 2 isn't rolled out as one.

They took long enough to develop and share their route map. Deviating from it at the first opportunity would be a disappointing move.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps people drink in better pubs than I do, but the thought of me going into my local and only have another 19 of the usual drunk arseholes around me sounds like a fucking great thing. A table to myself with a waiter service bringing me pint after pint? Yes fucking please.

It's a fair point tbh. 

Probably not viable commercially, though. Some form of furlough or support will probably be necessary or else plenty of them will just go bust. For the Government, I imagine this is currently a problem for another day. 

Just now, Michael W said:

It's a fair point tbh. 

Probably not viable commercially, though. Some form of furlough or support will probably be necessary or else plenty of them will just go bust. For the Government, I imagine this is currently a problem for another day. 

Who knows, all those pubs closing every year might need to reopen just to cope with a new business model of distributed customer base, rather than the Spoonies model of packing them in a barn.... one pub per 20 people, think Leslie used to be able to boast that kind of pub per head count.

They took long enough to develop and share their route map. Deviating from it at the first opportunity would be a disappointing move.
She has said from the start that it might be the case that all each phase will be rolled out at once so don't think it would be a surprise to anyone. Think she is right to be cautious about pubs and indoor gatherings and to be honest

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Who knows, all those pubs closing every year might need to reopen just to cope with a new business model of distributed customer base, rather than the Spoonies model of packing them in a barn.... one pub per 20 people, think Leslie used to be able to boast that kind of pub per head count.

I won't be finding out how they're adapting as i'm going to be boycotting martin's wee empire after his behaviour and business "remedies" during this covid-19 crisis.  Hopefully, many will do likewise and hurt the f**ker financially.

Just now, hearthammer said:

I won't be finding out how they're adapting as i'm going to be boycotting martin's wee empire after his behaviour and business "remedies" during this covid-19 crisis.  Hopefully, many will do likewise and hurt the f**ker financially.

To be fair, I would never go into a Spoonies anyway. Horrible soulless, vacuums of places. 

Just now, dundeefc1783 said:
5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

She has said from the start that it might be the case that all each phase will be rolled out at once so don't think it would be a surprise to anyone. Think she is right to be cautious about pubs and indoor gatherings and to be honest

If it's necessary to deviate from the route map at the very first opportunity then perhaps it should have been 5 phases. Bear in mind this hinting comes just 11 days after we set off on it.

I stand by my comment that any deviation from a route map after just 3 weeks is not a good look.

Agree hopefully there isn't many as 20 c***s wanting to go to his manky pubs.