Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Extended until the end of July is the verdict, but from the 18th of June outdoor exercise is permitted. Still no contact with anyone outside the household though.
I'm in the shielding group but the letter was very clear - we have the choice to reject the advice.

I've decided to instead follow a sensible lockdown approach - rather than the strict shielding.

People have to take responsibility for their own decisions.

Things not looking great in a few of the states that opened up early. 
Shows the wisdom of getting cases as low as possible and to enforce non-medical interventions when fully we are fully opening. 

Yeah interesting stuff.

Like you say, getting the number down to a manageable level is key.

I also think it's important to note that our test and isolate system is run by the nhs, and not a private company like they one down south (serco).

Any idea what the isolation system is like in the states you highlighted?

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought you were in favour of keeping the vulnerable shielded and opening up for everyone else? 

I am.

But the end of July appears, on the face of it, a disaster for the hopes of moving through the phases at a reasonable pace.

EDIT I take that back, optimistic about being in a position to go to Phase 2 next Thursday

Edited by Todd_is_God

I would like to know how many of these positive tests come from outwith hospitals or care homes

Agreed. We have to be at a stage where there is very limited recorded community transmission. Less than 10 a day.

Glad they are going with the tailored approach. We all have different health problems and would be great for clinician that knows me to evaluate my own specific risk. Much better than a free for all! 31st July is a sucker though. Means my mum who is my carer still won't be able to see my dad. She's not seen him since first week in March. 

With the example of direct action going on in Bristol and with Sturgeon advising people to avoid activities such as golf I'm going to acquire a truncheon and bludgeon Pozbaird with other members of the #clique. I'm hearing Ali_91 has a bit more spare time atm.

24 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah interesting stuff.

Like you say, getting the number down to a manageable level is key.

I also think it's important to note that our test and isolate system is run by the nhs, and not a private company like they one down south (serco).

Any idea what the isolation system is like in the states you highlighted?

It's become so partisan over there that proper republican states like florida etc are basically doing very little. I think their guidance was to wear masks at all times, but it's turned so polarised because of Trump that it's almost a badge of honour for his supporters not to wear one. Fucking ridiculous. So I don't think anything is really  enforced in these places. A lot of people simply don't believe in it because of trump too. 

1 minute ago, rusikkk said:

I think it is a fake virus. We will not about it later.

The evidence is growing that I've been in a coma since 2016, and I've been inventing all this improbable shit. Sorry everyone, it's all like a really trashy airport paperback, I should have stuck in at school.

31 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm in the shielding group but the letter was very clear - we have the choice to reject the advice.

I've decided to instead follow a sensible lockdown approach - rather than the strict shielding.

People have to take responsibility for their own decisions.

Exactly that!

Me as well, although just now my sensible approach is the same as the strict shielding.

I've been unable to properly shield because my dad needs supplies and he would go mental without having someone to talk to every few days (my mum died in August and there is noone else). It would be nice to have something a bit more tailored given how relatively healthy I am tho 

When is the next review date? This Thursday or next?
Had a read through the covid routemap document again and as far as I can tell, we're ticking every box to move to phase 2 

Review is the 18th, so any changes should take effect from the 19th.

It’s encouraging to hear NS say she’s optimistic. She’s a very careful speaker and wouldn’t say that if it weren’t likely. Fingers crossed these numbers stay suppressed as we move into the next phase, and may vindicate the decision to take an initially slower route out of lockdown.