Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Apart from members of your own household, very few people should ever have to be within 2m of another person for a 15 minute period.

Assuming they are following the guidelines.

The obvious exceptions are public transport where people are unlikely to know you anyway.

Workplaces are interesting. I have organised my offices and production facilities to a standard that no one has to breach those guidelines. I am fortunate to be able to juggle my staff around and circa 50% are working from home at any time.

What I did make clear to my staff is if unfortunately someone did come down with a positive test then because of the facilities I have in place, that it would be disappointing if anyone else (myself included) was declared as a contact. I have 100% continued to work on site for the whole of the crisis, so it is easy for me to keep an eye on everyone keeping themselves safe. The only other real rule I have put in place is no car sharing for journeys above 10 minutes (just to dodge that 15 minute bullet).

On a positive note we have been working like this for 3 months and not a single person or any of their households has been unwell.

Did the weekly shop again today. Social distancing is over, except for in the queue outside, from what I can see. Simple as that; not just a few numpties anymore, but the majority of folk completely ignoring distancing, one-way systems, etc. And middle-aged women have gone back to blocking the entire aisle with their trolleys because they've just seen Jean from the PTA and she needs to ken what that bitch Karen has been telling everyone.

I swear that, if we had America's gun laws, all the massacres would be in supermarkets rather than schools.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Apart from members of your own household, very few people should ever have to be within 2m of another person for a 15 minute period.

The frotteur community must be absolutely desperate for the London Underground to get back to normal. Perverts are the real victims in all of this.

Good thanks.  Work was really busy and I was also on the SFA working group for getting the game back.  I'm not overly happy with the lack of interest shown in those not in top flight but that's another story.
I found that working all day in healthcare then moderating this site and reading more stuff about Covid etc was dropping my mood somewhat so I've had a few weeks away.   Feel better for it.  
I've also managed to get my fence painted after work and did a lot of online Spanish lessons.  
Happy days.
My first thought was that the other mods had reached out for hauners. It's been lively of late....

32 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Did the weekly shop again today. Social distancing is over, except for in the queue outside, from what I can see. Simple as that; not just a few numpties anymore, but the majority of folk completely ignoring distancing, one-way systems, etc. And middle-aged women have gone back to blocking the entire aisle with their trolleys because they've just seen Jean from the PTA and she needs to ken what that bitch Karen has been telling everyone.

I swear that, if we had America's gun laws, all the massacres would be in supermarkets rather than schools.

Did you find out what Karen had been telling everyone?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Did you find out what Karen had been telling everyone?

Probably extolling the virtues of massage sponges.

If we get another 4 or 5 weeks down the road after all these prostests this week as well as day trips , lack of social distancing and the fact that the lockdown had generally been abandoned by a large number weeks before it was officially relaxed... AND there STILL isnt a large spike in cases, can we just get back to normal?

I wish some of the govt employed scientific experts (I know, I know) could actually explain whether the reduction in infections and deaths (albeit slow with uk deaths) is down to the measures and SD or down to the virus becoming less potent. If there is no spike by the next review as a layman I would have to conclude it's the later but it would be nice to see this analysed. As it stands and assuming no spike then phase two has to be a goer a week on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

If we get another 4 or 5 weeks down the road after all these prostests this week as well as day trips , lack of social distancing and the fact that the lockdown had generally been abandoned by a large number weeks before it was officially relaxed... AND there STILL isnt a large spike in cases, can we just get back to normal?
We'll still have to go through the phases - but you've laid out the ideal scenario.

If there's no big jump in cases (we have to be able to cope with a small increase) - then we'll go through the phases quickly. We could be approaching phase 4 (bigger gatherings) in August.

That would be fucking lovely. But it all depends on how good we are at controlling this fucker.

What's the deal with people who have the mask over their mouth but not their nose?  Surely that defeats the purpose to some degree?
Old folks seem to be the worst for it.

Usually worn with their blue gloves which they don't bother changing day after day

It will vary across authorities. Ours have issued a 3 option voting paper. All basically involve half in school half at home just in 3 different guises.

Alternate weeks, alternate days, and half-day splits being the 3 guises I assume?

No. If a couple of hundred people have picked up the virus today they’ll go home tonight and infect their household but for the most part, that should be it. Most people are working from home or furloughed, public transport is very quiet, busy bars and restaurants are takeaway only and crammed nightclubs, sports fixtures and concerts aren’t a thing. The chain of infection shouldn’t be too big.

If all of those things are happening? It’s a different story. There cannot be a second wave until we have normality of a kind.

That doesn’t mean to say that no recognisable spike from this isn’t a very good thing and might help to increase the pace of restrictions being eased. But someone, somewhere was patient zero in the UK and we’ve got more than 60,000 dead. It only takes one case.

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just got home from the exact same experience. I lost track of the number of people I wanted to bludgeon but the top award goes to the wifie who stood with the door to the ice cream freezer cabinet wide open while she studied the labels. Of each carton. One at a time.

I hope Santa takes note that I have legal access to guns but didn't use that to my advantage.