Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I know its the Daily Mail reporting this but they are trying to say the R rating is higher in Scotland, Wales and N ireland 0.7-1 than England 0.5-.0.8 not a chance

I wouldn’t get too excited.

It could technically be lower in Scotland without those numbers being outside their margins of error.

Great news for voyeurs in England.

New coronavirus laws in England have made it illegal for couples who live in different homes to have sex indoors and stay overnight.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-sex-lockdown-law-couples-indoors-england-a9542171.html

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Was that a test that you paid for privately? Ive been told by the mrs that some of the antibody tests arent even 50% accurate. Apparently there is a very accurate test being developed by Roche that the NHS is planning to roll out.

It was through my work. I had assumed given the timing these were the Roche ones but maybe not. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

One of my wifes business partners sons works for them in Belgium, i know that they are working on a very accurate test currently.

Wife’s or wives?

I’m really hoping it’s the latter.

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Excellent news. Eased lockdown on 11th May as well so any negative response would have been seen by now.

Most of the EU countries have said they wont allow UK residents in as UK still recording over 8000 positive tests a day when everyone else is in the hundreds you got to admit if any country is going to f**k up they dont do it much better than the UK.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Most of the EU countries have said they wont allow UK residents in as UK still recording over 8000 positive tests a day when everyone else is in the hundreds you got to admit if any country is going to f**k up they dont do it much better than the UK.

Pretty sure I saw a report saying that the EU countries that lifted lockdown were recording new cases in the low hundreds.  As you say very different from England/U.K.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Aye but you know being British stiff upper lip and the Empire you know its ok for us to carry on regardless without a thought for anyone else we know better, i mean who wants to go on holiday when everyone else is social distancing and we end up like this cause we are brits is it any wonder we are still recording them in there thousands.

0_PAY-BNPS_Durdle_Door_31st_May_2020-119.jpg

There are posters on here who think that continued observation of social distancing is OTT.

It’s a bit worrying.

Sorry was about to go on a rant it just annoys the sh*te out me how much we arse it up. The thing is it might be OTT it might not but when you look at stats its 1.5 above the normal flu but the big question is how lucky do you feel to take that chance i know BPM had it from the Falkirk thread had it, so it is very real but when you consider even after contracting it your going to be left with the damage it has done to your lungs even when you recover.  I would rather take the chance in not catching it but not everyone has the different standards of hygiene and no matter what you do to mitigate the chances of infection your still vulnerable.

If you can pick up your dog's poo with a bag, you can do it for a BBQ guest.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I double dare anyone who is at a mates BBQ to defecate in their back garden and then pick it up with a poo bag and then carry on as normal. Would look very funny on TikTok.

You've got it wrong. It's the host of the BBQ who has to pick up the jobby - now that would be funny.

43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Excellent news. Eased lockdown on 11th May as well so any negative response would have been seen by now.

Very good news indeed. 

Only fair however to point out that their lockdown was much more draconian than ours. Positive to see that the fatality level has reached that stage though. 

22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I've sent a few of our lads at work to Holland, Norway and Sweden recently, going to have to bring them all back since I've seen this post. Do you work for the BBC by any chance ?

Not sure if this has already been posted, but apparently Dominic Cummings missus got her first job at the Spectator after winning a travel writing award describing her drive across Texas!

Has it been asked yet why she couldn’t drive back to London?