Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Now that we have had a weekend of good weather and different restrictions to live under, if we leave aside the curtain twitching for a second what do folk think about the new rules?

Personally I think they have been a touch unrealistic. Folk arent going to not go into eachothers houses. If you pack up the family to go round and see folk you havent seen for weeks, and 5 minutes in your kid needs a pish, you arent going to call it a day and go home. Likewise folk who dont drive. What if you walked a few miles or had to pay for a taxi.... You are obviously going to stay a while with all that brings.

A fantastic weekend was had at the Bairnardos btw. Lots of cold beer and barbecued meat. All cutlery and plates etc were of the disposable kind and binned after use.

I'm all their modelling will be done with no inside contact, we all know the virus can survive on hard surfaces inside for a lot longer than then it can outside, so unless the entire bathroom is being sterilised between visits then its a totally unnecessary risk.

I think the rules are lenient enough looking forward to seeing my uncle for the first time in 13 weeks but I wont be going inside or staying long enough to need the toilet, I could see him every day now if I wanted. 

The only thing I would change is publishing the risk so people know just how risky it is to sit with someone outside less than 2 meters away and use the same toilet etc. The virus hasn't disappeared and its a bit of a shame aren't following the guidance to the letter because I really don't fancy another prolonged lockdown.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's what I've been hoping for if confirmed, whether it behaves the same elsewhere is the next question. If there's no spike here after this BBQ weekend there will definitely be hope that it is.

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is there a bigger collection of arseholes than Scousers?

Why would you take canisters of laughing gas to the beach? Picturing dozens of scousers all laughing away...

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

We were talking about the social distancing rules in the back garden and the rules about not entering the house, I don’t think anyone actually expects your guests not to go inside for a pish but they need to make a rule about it so people stay vigilant and it will encourage minimal contact by most sensible people when inside the house to keep the risk down.

I thought that you could go through houses if that was the only way to reach the garden, provided you didn't touch anything.  Or if you desperately needed the toilet and wiped everything down that you touched.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with English rules.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's what I've been hoping for if confirmed, whether it behaves the same elsewhere is the next question. If there's no spike here after this BBQ weekend there will definitely be hope that it is.

I'll just add, a lot of the changes in the rules which have recently been introduced in England/Scotland were loosened here in Belgium about a month ago. There has been no second wave and cases are still decreasing. And from what I've seen a lot of people like from I read on here about Scotland are not necessarily obeying the rules.

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If true then it’s absolutely sensational news.

31 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Very welcome news if true.  I will be far more encouraged if other experts confirm this.

Such a change could be a game changer in how we will be able to live out lives in the coming weeks and months.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Now that we have had a weekend of good weather and different restrictions to live under, if we leave aside the curtain twitching for a second what do folk think about the new rules?

Personally I think they have been a touch unrealistic. Folk arent going to not go into eachothers houses. If you pack up the family to go round and see folk you havent seen for weeks, and 5 minutes in your kid needs a pish, you arent going to call it a day and go home. Likewise folk who dont drive. What if you walked a few miles or had to pay for a taxi.... You are obviously going to stay a while with all that brings.

A fantastic weekend was had at the Bairnardos btw. Lots of cold beer and barbecued meat. All cutlery and plates etc were of the disposable kind and binned after use.

Agree with this. 

Had a right good laugh at that toilet guidance - absolutely no chance that's happening. As has been said, probably one of those things that the Government chucks in knowing it'll be ridiculed, but does anyway to try and force home a point about risk and not visiting indoors. Still, cant wait for outraged curtain-twitches complaining about their neighbour taking a shit in the garden.

At any rate, I'm sure the models produced all take into account a certain amount of non-compliance. 

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is there a bigger collection of arseholes than Scousers?

Yep. Tories. The difference being that it's the  poor, disabled and minorities that they've abandoned.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Very welcome news if true.  I will be far more encouraged if other experts confirm this.

Such a change could be a game changer in how we will be able to live out lives in the coming weeks and months.

That's generally how these viruses pan out, isn't it? The stronger strains kill their hosts and die off themselves as a result, while the weaker strains usually leave the host free to pass it on to others.

Best not say that too loud around Boris and Dom, though.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Why would you take canisters of laughing gas to the beach? Picturing dozens of scousers all laughing away...

I thought that you could go through houses if that was the only way to reach the garden, provided you didn't touch anything.  Or if you desperately needed the toilet and wiped everything down that you touched.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with English rules.

This is going to be a poser for anyone travelling cross-border. I'm on leave at the back end of the month, and hoping I can get to see* my sister, who is undergoing some non-Covid treatment, and could maybe do with a wee morale boost. I'm currently thinking that in the next four weeks, we will either be

a. Laughing and reminiscing about the times we queued to get into Asda, or

b. Welded into our homes as Lockdown II continues.

*Which will basically be the extent of it - chemotherapy immediately raises her risk. Cancer's shite, though, and she was there for me during my wee episode. 's Family, innit?

16 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's generally how these viruses pan out, isn't it? The stronger strains kill their hosts and die off themselves as a result, while the weaker strains usually leave the host free to pass it on to others.

Best not say that too loud around Boris and Dom, though.

I have no idea.

In my defence I am one of only a handful of posters on here who is not an expert on the subject.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's just a shame people that people coming up with with huge holes in the plan like - what if someone needs a pish - aren't advising the govt.

They will have calculated their response with 100% total compliance in mind.

They’re suggesting driving 30 miles to check bladder retention abilities.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have no idea.

In my defence I am one of only a handful of posters on here who is not an expert on the subject.

Oh, I'm sure you could be if you try a little harder.

I tend to find that, "I read an article once..." is roughly equivalent to a PhD, in internet cred.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They’re suggesting driving 30 miles to check bladder retention abilities.

After 8 or 9 beers I pee  every 10 minutes so wouldn't be driving more than 10 miles in those circumstances 

Edited by invergowrie arab