Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm coming off furlough imminently. Pretty much everyone I work with will be off for a while longer. I reckon my employer will keep them off as long as possible; I can see how it wouldn't be economically viable to have us all back immediately, as I'm pretty sure we'd be losing money for a few months.

I'd no idea I should be angry that they get more time off (which I must admit to having enjoyed for the past two months) while I'm back getting the full whack of wages (£8.72 per hour, bitches!), but having read this thread I now intend to write to my MP about the possibility of having this pandemic extended  :angry:

44 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

People are using the Cummings thing as an excuse to do want they want. It is doing my head in. The people down the road from me playing Saturday Night at full volume don't have a clue who he is though.

That song is in my head all night now. Arseholes.

Dee dee da da daa

The road outside my house has had non stop traffic going past for about 2 hrs.

Busiest it's been since this whole thing started.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The road outside my house has had non stop traffic going past for about 2 hrs.

Busiest it's been since this whole thing started.

Mental that on the first weekend day with the loosest restrictions "since this whole thing started".

7 hours ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Doubt the Cummings thing seriously has anything to do with it. They heard "easing of the lockdown" and their tolerance finally crumbled like a tower of Jenga

The Cummings thing is linked to the easing of the lockdown surely. Add in the fact that after a winter with three big named storms, Scotland pretty much went from depressing cold greyness straight into ten weeks plus of lockdown with all that meant - allied to ten plus weeks of very decent weather, now absolutely glorious weather. There are multiple factors at play this weekend. Just hope the kind of folk who gather in their hundreds to attend a piss-up in Kelvingrove Park at the best of times, organised on social media, can find it in themselves to screw the nut, even a wee bit.

This thread now screams, look at them having fun, how dare they while I am squeaky clean. I guess it will be the same on Facebook etc.
Spot the hypocrite time.
There's always been a fair amount of that on here. Holier than though shit.

This is an incredibly difficult thing for society to cope with, and individuals will all be suffering at different levels and at different times.

We need a bit more understanding.

Yes there are bampots who don't give a f**k about anyone else or any rules - but they are a relatively small minority (in most parts of the county). And there's not much that anyone can do about these folk anyway - as heavy handed tactics from the start would've had difficult consequences to deal with.

Today is the first day I can remember in months when the main story (George Floyd) in the news isn't a Covid-19 story
I thought similar late last night. I'd avoided the news for a while and was shocked by a story that had appeared - completely unrelated to the virus.

Another entirely predictable and tragic story, though. It had me genuinely swearing at the telly (something i always swore I'd never do after growing up watching my dad's reaction to the reporting of the miners strike).

Who would've thought that loosening the lockdown, combined with fantastic weather and ten weeks of restrictions would have people wanting to get out the house? 

And quite right, too. There are still various restrictions in place but let people enjoy themselves. The last ten weeks have been largely shit. 

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Today is the first day I can remember in months when the main story (George Floyd) in the news isn't a Covid-19 story

Remember last weekend when it was absolutely pishing down? I drove along the M80, and the CITRAC message was ‘caution - surface water’. Was the first time in ten weeks it hadn’t said ‘stay home save lives’. For a brief moment, I rejoiced and thanked the rain.

I think the Floyd story will soon be knocked off top spot by another non-Covid story - astronauts perish as rocket made by Del Boy Trotter explodes.

Edited by pozbaird