Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understant that.

However, do you ever wonder what data is being harvested already?

I've no doubt we'd be slightly surprised by the ability of google, facebook or any other location based app to tell us exactly where we were and when 5 years ago last Tuesday.

You can see this yourself in 'location history' in Google Maps

Must be murder for Sevconians checking that kind of data. Peterhead - Brechin - Montrose - Annan - Kirkcaldy - Dunfermline....

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understant that.

However, do you ever wonder what data is being harvested already?

I've no doubt we'd be slightly surprised by the ability of google, facebook or any other location based app to tell us exactly where we were and when 5 years ago last Tuesday.

You can see this yourself in 'location history' in Google Maps

It was part of my old job so I’m not that surprised, I try to limit things to some extent to things I am happy for people to know/take or where it matters for functionality.

It’s a balance between function and unnecessary data gathering. It doesn’t mean you give the shit away, especially not to these c***s.

Edited by Jambomo

Just catching up with the Boris meltdown. Knew he was a liar and charlatan but how TF can such a clueless idiot be our PM?

This below, who forbid him? Cummings?

And, how can a PM not know what 'recourse to public funds' means?

I see Emily Maitlis has been taken off of Newsnight temporarily after her comments last night. I understand the BBC's need to be impartial but she was just describing the public mood, which is pretty evident for most folk to see. Also i'm quite surprised she alone gets the blame when she's really just the presenter, i'd imagine she doesn't write her opening monologue/set up the autocue alone, or at least have to get it signed off before they go on air.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sajid Javid coming out to say Cummings should apologise.

Penny Mordaunt the latest to have a go:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/27/inconsistencies-dominic-cummings-story-senior-tory-penny-mordaunt-lockdown

I think we all expect the Guardian to keep on this but it'll be interesting to see how the Mail and Telegraph are in a few days.

21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's a gambling term, referring to the tipster's top bet.

Thanks, I don't really gamble so not something I'd heard before.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/27/bbc-switches-emily-maitlis-in-newsnight-episode-over-cummings-remarks

Emily Maitlis been reprimanded and forced to the Newsnight bench after her remarks on Cummings and Johnson on last night's programme.

BBC bosses, just like our esteemed PM, have no spine.

"Maitlis’s profile, already high, has skyrocketed since she was made lead presenter of the nightly current affairs show last year, shortly after publishing her book Airhead on life as a television presenter. She received global acclaim after confronting Prince Andrew about his connections with the deceased paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, becoming possibly the only journalist who can claim to have conducted an interview with a member of the royal family that turned out to be career-ending for the royal."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

11 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

I see Emily Maitlis has been taken off of Newsnight temporarily after her comments last night. I understand the BBC's need to be impartial but she was just describing the public mood, which is pretty evident for most folk to see. Also i'm quite surprised she alone gets the blame when she's really just the presenter, i'd imagine she doesn't write her opening monologue/set up the autocue alone, or at least have to get it signed off before they go on air.

She enjoys it, she speaks like it is her own words. She did well. Worth the suspension. Took one for the team etc.  

It's utter nonsense to expect you also to remember everyone you have been in close proximity to for a prolonged period.
In the short term an app absolutely is a reasonable solution. It's also reasonable to make it compulsory and spot fine anyone who is out of the home and does not have it installed.
That way anyone who should get tested can record they have had a test.
Is it a bit big brothery? Yes. But if it's short term so what?
I refer you to the outrage expressed over Asda and their queuing system. How do you make it compulsory when not everyone has a smartphone?