Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My feed is breaking up, but do you mean id in Jungian Jordan Peterson terms, or id as in identity Jordan Peterson terms?

Jordan Peterson didn't invent identity politics lol and yes I meant the bit where I think they had a big diversion into talking about the gender split of the covid briefings. 

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Jordan Peterson didn't invent identity politics lol and yes I meant the bit where I think they had a big diversion into talking about the gender split of the covid briefings. 

My telly feed has broken up into pixilated gibberish, so I can't possibly comment.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's no way Boris cares about any of his children enough to give them the same support he has given Cummings

This is Dominic, my advisor, and, I’m pleased to say, my lover. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I don't see how contact tracing can work properly without an app. How can you track people who have been in contact on buses or trains?

Half the population have been hired to follow the other half and log their movements.  It has started already.

BTW it’s about time you changed your shirt and you need a haircut. 

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I don't see how contact tracing can work properly without an app. How can you track people who have been in contact on buses or trains?

Like we aren't all being tracked 24/7 anyway. The only difference about the app is they'll tell us about it. Presumably Covid19 is a notifiable disease so they get access to your phone and are able to link your locations back in time with other phone locations. Just working on my tin foil hat.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Good news from NI seldom is...

Anyway, one swallow does not a summer make. Or "spring" as Edwin Poots said this morning! :lol:

2 covid deaths the day, and 17 in the RoI. :(

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

£36m spent on snake oil and now -

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/france-bans-use-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-cure-coronavirus-283724

France bans use of hydroxychloroquine as coronavirus treatment

'For its part, the World Health Organization announced Monday that it's temporarily halting the hydroxychloroquine part of its global Solidarity trial amid a safety review.'

We bought this on the recommendation of Trump who has died yet from taking it. Yet the W.H.O. doesn't recommend anyone takes it to counter COVID-19 due to its side effects aren't worth listening too because Trump thinks they have political bias towards China.

We are run by fuckwits.

Quelle surprise.

“Bigger stationary bills In Whitehall than £36m though” kind of misses the point.