Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

To be fair, reducing the distance to 1m would more than likely have huge benefits for absolutely everyone.

Any possible reduction in the mandatory distance between people is welcome.

I tend to think it would make f**k all difference. It would still be awkward and in either event involves an arbitrary judgement, no close contact and goes out the window when faced with a narrow path or shopping aisle.

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

I tend to think it would make f**k all difference. It would still be awkward and in either event involves an arbitrary judgement, no close contact and goes out the window when faced with a narrow path or shopping aisle.

I don't disagree. But consider restaurants, bars, football stadia and small shops.

1m rather than 2 makes a huge difference to the viability of all of the above

Again we have other countries operating at 1.5m or 1m already so we can use this data.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Again, the articles are there in Norwegian.

Look beyond the Spectator - feel free to translate, read and agree or disagree with them.

They've got an English language version but I can't find it. https://www.fhi.no/en/

Here's the Norwegian version, published 5th of May so it's probably on the English version somewhere. https://www.fhi.no/contentassets/c9e459cd7cc24991810a0d28d7803bd0/notat-om-risiko-og-respons-2020-05-05.pdf

Edited by welshbairn

I didn’t realise Dido was an actual name, I always assumed that the singer was called Diane Dorries or something and came up with a cooler stage name for singing about cold tea.

Although it does occur to me that Dido is a name which rings a bell from classical history or mythology which sounds like Bojo’s kinda person.

Edit - someone on the committee was obviously similarly baffled by all the Dido references!

Edited by The OP

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

His looking above the camera looking for answers being fed to him is absolutely hilarious.

He's probably surrounded by aides frantically scribbling answers. 

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

To be fair, reducing the distance to 1m would more than likely have huge benefits for absolutely everyone.

Any possible reduction in the mandatory distance between people is welcome.

Indeed - it'd be a logical and highly significant step towards society as well as businesses getting back to something even approaching normality. That people think an endless, circular debate about a special advisor's conduct is much more important political question right now is baffling.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Indeed - it'd be a logical and highly significant step towards society as well as businesses getting back to something even approaching normality. That people think an endless, circular debate about a special advisor's conduct is much more important political question right now is baffling.

Getting rid of his chief strategist should be a primary goal of anyone thinking he's made an arse of it.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Getting rid of his chief strategist should be a primary goal of anyone thinking he's made an arse of it.

Erm yes, because the next guy being brought in by Boris Johnson is bound to be be a real brains of Britain contender.

It's a personal political sideshow of minor importance compared to the endless buckets of shit being thrown over the country right now by the government's actual policies.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Enjoyed that discussion there about the educational poverty gap and the kayfabe that it was a problem unique to covid.

Looking forward to a stumble through the fucking over of law abiding immigrants.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm yes, because the next guy being brought in by Boris Johnson is bound to be be a real brains of Britain contender.

It's a personal political sideshow of minor importance compared to the endless buckets of shit being thrown over the country right now by the government's actual policies.

Getting rid of the guy who likely had a big role in designing them would a good first step.

Edited by welshbairn