Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Liked this summing up of the British media in google news today.

BBC BACKLASH: Emily Maitlis blasted for 'pure propaganda' after staggering Cummings rant (The Express)
EMILY MAITLIS and the BBC suffered a furious Twitter backlash following their attack on Dominic Cummings during the opening minutes of Newsnight.

‘Deep national disquiet’: Emily Maitlis praised for summing up public mood over Dominic Cummings row in Newsnight opener (The Independent)
Emily Maitlis has been praised for her introduction to a Newsnight special largely dedicated to the Dominic Cummings controversy. 

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqOQgKIjNDQklTSURvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoTUtFUWlUMHFudGo0QU1FU1ZmTURtSzAydGVLQUFQAQ?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB%3Aen

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So who is the sacrificial lamb today?

Johnson's getting interrogated by a Commons committee at 4pm on the Parliament Channel. No idea who else is getting humiliated today. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Johnson's getting interrogated by a Commons committee at 4pm on the Parliament Channel. No idea who else is getting humiliated today. 

I wonder if  'world beating' will be getting another outing.

48 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Could it be that Dominic Cummings or Boris Johnson is @8MileBU?

Either that or they are taking his advice and are just going to brass neck it until everyone just accepts that whilst they’re c***s, they can’t be gotten rid of. I hope it goes less successfully for the Tories than it has for 8Mile on here.

That’s absolutely no way to be speaking to a member of the all-conquering and triumphant Fun Party btw! 

You young man are a Tory-backbencher personified. Inoffensive for much of the time, but compelled to cheerlead like an absolute buffoon whilst some utter dross lead from the front. 

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do they not just let the same one get rag dolled all day, so will be Jenrick unless the story of him giving out favourable contracts is a bit hot for the tories and they might make a substitute with the one who sounds like a play away presenter, more importantly which scientist will stay with the shiteshow as they are now getting lined up for the fall. Hopefully Jenny in the Block as she's been an apologist throughout.

Essentially I'm not surprised at BJ supporting Cummings, the PM is no stranger to a convenient lie, but I'm amazed he's got the rest of the Cabinet to go along with him!

Essentially I'm not surprised at BJ supporting Cummings, the PM is no stranger to a convenient lie, but I'm amazed he's got the rest of the Cabinet to go along with him!
It's mystifying when you see c***s like Gove come out with the "I've also driven to see if my eyes were ok" nonsense. I know they all have a track record of saying anything to keep themselves in a job, but it has been ridiculous this week.

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The Spectator! Cool!

I love this response. Fingers in the ears personified 😂

The actual article(s) are linked. Translate it from Norwegian if you wish.

Or dismiss it offhand as you don't like its content. Makes no difference to me.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Cummings was Gove's advisor during his spell as Education Secretary; a spell which was a complete and utter disaster.

He has plenty to fear from Cummings from that, I imagine. It wouldn't take much from Cummings, who has no qualms about such things, to burn him into the earth. 

The rest, however... 

Wishart is going after him, and he's blustering like it's PMQs, just repeating the line that a lot of the stories from the weekend were untrue.

They don't get that people are just as angry, if not more, about the absolute fucking disaster that was his "clarifying of the matter"

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm going to start replying to every question I'm asked by thanking the person asking it. That way they know my answer is honest, genuine, and full of integrity

Another one is "That's a very good question" ie. "If you think I'm going anywhere near answering that you c**t, dream on."

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I love this response. Fingers in the ears personified 😂

The actual article(s) are linked. Translate it from Norwegian if you wish.

I don't really have a clue if it's true but if you want to persuade people even on this forum you probably want to link to sources that aren't roundly dismissed for advancing a pretty consistent line of pish over the years.