Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Johnson is equally if not more to blame but he doesn't get any shit because he gets total protection.

No shit Sherlock....he's the PM..(allegedly)......however, I don't think it'll be too long before BoJo either chucks it or is forced out. The job is too complicated for him, hence his worship at the altar of St. Dom.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I dont agree with the tories at all on anything but I think Raab has been ok at the daily briefings. He does seem genuine and the best out of that lot.
Patel is the most frightening to me, shes a fucking idiot and a token placement who is well above the level she should be at.
I dont want to sound racist or sexist but sometimes people are put into roles to tick a box.

Raaab, who said that foodbank users were "suffering a temporary cashflow issue"?

Raaaab, Who didn't reaise the importance of Dover when it comes to trade?

That Raaaaab? Oh, aye, not just an actual genius, but compassionate too.

ffs.

10 hours ago, Empty It said:
10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Cummings showing his Dundonian roots I see.

I though Boris was a bumbling buffoon but this p***k was something else, couldn't string a single sentence together without stuttering and bubbling.

...and yet, even this morning, the apologists on the radio are lauding Cummings as "a great communicator", and not having it challenged. Yes, Nicky Campbell, I'm looking at you.

The press pack clambering all over each other to get pics/comments from Cummings,  totally ignoring the 2m rule.

They're all as bad as each other, they just don't give two fcuks for anyone else. 

Given that the very definition of this type of journalist is “ someone who would allow you to shag their granny in order to get a picture of your arse” this is in no way surprising.

"It is not news that Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings treat rules with contempt. But there is one rule even they might be expected to obey, because it is crucial to the maintenance of power. Never, ever, make the people who place their faith in you feel like fools."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/26/cummings-contempt-lockdown-rules-public-catholic-church-ireland

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
2 hours ago, Snafu said:
You need equally stupid people to achieve that.

QED

Nobody likes a smart-arse, old man.

ETA: Sorry, I thought I was replying to GD. You may well be in the prime of life, in which case I humbly apologise.

Still a smart-arse, mind.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Political genius right enough. Reminds me of a line in 'Rivers of London' where the main character works as a police officer in the Met.

"We can handle looking heavy handed, cruel or even racist. The thing that really damages us is when we look stupid."

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Political genius right enough. Reminds me of a line in 'Rivers of London' where the main character works is a police officer in the Met.

"We can handle looking heavy handed, cruel or even racist. The thing that really damages us is when we look stupid."

Classic Dom