Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Kuenssberg and Peston's questions were probing at the DC conference but unbelievably tame - almost a reluctance to be asking such as questions (as someone mentioned on here). Noticeable difference from Beth Rigby at Sky who was third up. She got tore right in.  

Peston uses about 1,000 words when 10 would do. 

I would've asked two fairly simple question to answer, which would've helped people "make their own minds up".

1) Can your wife drive?

2) Did the visit to Barnard Castle take place on your wife's birthday?

Edited by Slacker

30 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You can see the government journalist pecking order in that press conference, just as well they didn't get to pick and choose who questioned Cummings.

You could see the fight or flee instinct building in his eyes when that journalist with the Russian name was tearing him a new one.

Today there's this -

Spaffer Johnson, I see this word like this story won't go away.

This is what should happen, but hopefully they don’t strip him naked.

41C7E40F-50B6-48D8-8A62-13FD81ACB08C.jpeg.0c0e57eec5937c563ecba75013ef7d3b.jpeg

Kuenssberg and Peston's questions were probing at the DC conference but unbelievably tame - almost a reluctance to be asking such as questions (as someone mentioned on here). Noticeable difference from Beth Rigby at Sky who was third up. She got tore right in.  
She had already had to endure the Grant Shapps performance on Sunday even though they had told him the questions in advance.

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Was that the wandering hands guy who may have grabbed a tadger accidentally while falling down steaming in one of the many pubs in parliament?

No, that was Ross Thomson and he got emptied/resigned. Douglas Ross is the boy who said he'd quit being a linesman if he got elected then refused to do so. When parliament are having discussions and voting on crucial matters Dougie can be found running up and down the line in Croatia.

The latest scandal is Give revealing he took 7 attempts to pass his driving test, he should be left alone with an electric sharpener let alone a government department. Also he too drives to check his eyesight.

Terrified of getting black balled by good old Boris

Much as I despise Cummings, more because of his Leave campaign lies and manipulation than this episode, not sure if I approve of this recent fad of torch and pitchforking family homes of people you disagree with. Fair game if the c***s are making a public appearance or around their workplace.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Much as I despise Cummings, more because of his Leave campaign lies and manipulation than this episode, but not sure if I approve of this recent fad of torch and pitchforking family homes of people you disagree with. Fair game if the c***s are making a public appearance or around their workplace.

Pretty difficult to get to his workplace unless you have a press pass

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Much as I despise Cummings, more because of his Leave campaign lies and manipulation than this episode, but not sure if I approve of this recent fad of torch and pitchforking family homes of people you disagree with. Fair game if the c***s are making a public appearance or around their workplace.

Are you fucking kidding ? Cummings is reaping the harvest from seeds he helped sow a few years ago.

The eyesight line being pursued is  ridiculous. You basically have a cabinet minister here pretending that he's potentially driving whilst visually-impaired (in other words might be committing an offence) to defend a government advisor who's been caught with his pants down. 

This is genuinely astonishing stuff. The PM and a prominent cabinet minister are openly committing Hari Kari here over a bloody SPAD. They can't even play politics properly these idiots - you kill the advisor and not yourself, FFS.

There is the world's easiest get out clause here and they are oblivious to it. This would be enjoyable to watch were we not in the grips of a pandemic and little over one month away from confirmation we're leaving the EU with no deal. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The eyesight line being pursued is  ridiculous. You basically have a cabinet minister here pretending that he's potentially driving whilst visually-impaired (in other words might be committing an offence) to defend a government advisor who's been caught with his pants down. 

This is genuinely astonishing stuff. The PM and a prominent cabinet minister are openly committing Hari Kari here over a bloody SPAD. They can't even play politics properly these idiots - you kill the advisor and not yourself, FFS.

There is the world's easiest get out clause here and they are oblivious to it. This would be enjoyable to watch were we not in the grips of a pandemic and little over one month away from confirmation we're leaving the EU with no deal. 

The follow-up question should be if someone (in England or Wales) has a couple of glasses of wine, should they check they're safe to drive by jumping in the car and going for  a spin?

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Are you fucking kidding ? Cummings is reaping the harvest from seeds he helped sow a few years ago.

Johnson is equally if not more to blame but he doesn't get any shit because he gets total protection.

The press pack clambering all over each other to get pics/comments from Cummings,  totally ignoring the 2m rule.

They're all as bad as each other, they just don't give two fcuks for anyone else. 

Edited by bennett
Meh

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Much as I despise Cummings, more because of his Leave campaign lies and manipulation than this episode, not sure if I approve of this recent fad of torch and pitchforking family homes of people you disagree with. Fair game if the c***s are making a public appearance or around their workplace.

f**k him. The Tories didn't show any respect for people's households when they were forcing them out of their homes when they had more rooms than they wanted them to have. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You can catch him on the way in and out.

Quite a few ways in or out, one of my biggest bug bears is that you can't get up to Downing Street, no reason it shouldn't be open to pedestrians.