Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Let's look at the ministers that make up our government and run the country shall we:
Boris Johnson
Priti Patel
Michael Gove
Dominic Raab
Matt Hancock
Gavin Williamson.

I mean what the actual f**k is that? Never mind integrity good luck finding a fucking brain amongst that shower of morons.
I dont agree with the tories at all on anything but I think Raab has been ok at the daily briefings. He does seem genuine and the best out of that lot.
Patel is the most frightening to me, shes a fucking idiot and a token placement who is well above the level she should be at.
I dont want to sound racist or sexist but sometimes people are put into roles to tick a box.

The thing is if Cummings just came out and said yes fair enough, I made a mistake, it was a serious error in judgement, won't happen again etc he could probably have just about rode it out with the odd howl to resign but say he still feels he can contribute to the government or some shite. Stuttering out one bare-faced lie after another on national tv while being utterly unrepentant about the whole thing is just so stupid. Every day he keeps his position is the best kind of ammo for opposition parties.
This.

Absolutely no contrition from him at all.

I dont agree with the tories at all on anything but I think Raab has been ok at the daily briefings. He does seem genuine and the best out of that lot.

Patel is the most frightening to me, shes a fucking idiot and a token placement who is well above the level she should be at.

I dont want to sound racist or sexist but sometimes people are put into roles to tick a box.

Raab is biggest c**t of them all imo

A side-note, but in the press conference today, Cummings mentioned that he had written about the potential danger of a coronavirus pandemic last year. All part of his genius super-predictor schtick that makes him so apparently indespensible to the government.

Turns out that he just sneakily edited an article from last year (on the day he got back from Durham!) to add in references to coronaviruses to make himself seem prescient.

Johnson is setting fire to everything to protect this charlatan.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Meanwhile, back in the pandemic world, people are still dying, people cannot social distance and face masks are not being worn. Shops opening soon.

Cummings taking one for the team here. It's a a fucking scam.

No one has forgotten that but the people running the show are taking the piss and their removal will save lives

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Raab didn't know goods had to the cross the English channel to trade with mainland Europe, he's as dangerously thick as anyone who's ever been in government.

All the bishops who criticised Cummings / called for his resignation, have received death threat e-mails.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public life in Britain today. Many of us have received this sort of message. It doesn’t work. https://twitter.com/bishopworcester/status/1264971867523354635 …

John Inge ✔ @BishopWorcester

Received a delightful e-mail earlier: ‘Stay out of politics or we’ll kill you.’ For me the whole Cummings drama is not about politics but life and death. If trust in Government guidance is eroded we’ll have a second spike and 1000s of lives will be lost.

6:41 PM - May 25, 2020

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Raab didn't know goods had to the cross the English channel to trade with mainland Europe, he's as dangerously thick as anyone who's ever been in government.

To think he was left in charge of running the show and failed to keep tabs on the chief of staff.

Cummings not apologising is nothing to do with personal arrogance.

Cummings not apologising is everything to do with the political condition of the U.K. that he has played, and is still playing, a large part in creating.

Thatcher made significant differences to the structure of the U.K. by policies such as buy-to-let and privatisation of previously nationalised industries.  The implications of these policies went way beyond the obvious effects.  They were social conditioning.

The Tories under Johnson are doing something as fundamental.  They are looking to change institutions; the veiled threat to the judiciary following the ruling on proroguing Parliament is an example of that.  They are looking to undermine objectivity and faith in facts, though ironically the COVID-19 crisis has made that more difficult.

As is the case in the U.S. they want to create the condition where uninformed opinion is seen to have equal validity with provable facts.  Social media is playing a huge role in this, and is benefiting from it, and the right-wing have shown they are far more adept at controlling and manipulating social media to influence opinion for political ends; at least in England. 

When you’re creating conditions such as this you cannot apologise, we saw that recently with Patel.  You’re position must be one of absolute certainty.

Let's look at the ministers that make up our government and run the country shall we:
Boris Johnson
Priti Patel
Michael Gove
Dominic Raab
Matt Hancock
Gavin Williamson.

I mean what the actual f**k is that? Never mind integrity good luck finding a fucking brain amongst that shower of morons.
A government of all the talentless