Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

If this afternoons press conference wasn’t a reason for the nations other than England to go their own way I don’t know what is.

The English government just proved that they are unfit to govern for the people as a whole  and are only self serving. 

The fact is he did not get childcare in Durham. After that the whole house of cards falls. 

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It’s depressing, but I really think they are going to squirm their way through this. The celebrations are a bit premature. 

If they manage to see this out then a majority of the public will think what’s the point. The bar will now be set at a level where pure lies and fabrication are seen as acceptable, because it’s happened before. It’s straight from the Trump playbook, how many times have we seen Trump bluster his way through a crisis, when everyone is saying this is the one that’s going to end him. We are at a stage with Trump where he denies quotes that can literally be proven to be attributed to him in seconds, but he stands infront of the media and lies. No one bats an eyelid. 

It’s depressing, but I really think they are going to squirm their way through this. The celebrations are a bit premature. 

If they manage to see this out then a majority of the public will think what’s the point. The bar will now be set at a level where pure lies and fabrication are seen as acceptable, because it’s happened before. It’s straight from the Trump playbook, how many times have we seen Trump bluster his way through a crisis, when everyone is saying this is the one that’s going to end him. We are at a stage with Trump where he denies quotes that can literally be proven to be attributed to him in seconds, but he stands infront of the media and lies. No one bats an eyelid. 
The key thing is whether the British public have sunk to that level.

I've got a wee bit of faith that we're not quite there yet.

He’s a fucking imbecile. A few weeks ago he wanted anyone sitting in a park to get lifted. 

He wants things on the news that ‘lighten the mood’, maybe the BBC can try and find a water-skiing squirrel or a panda about to give birth. 
Maybe the news could lighten the mood by showing Aleksandr Usyk about knocking his fucking head off on repeat. I certainly don't tire of seeing it. Eddie Hearns reaction also raises a smile.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The key thing is whether the British public have sunk to that level.

I've got a wee bit of faith that we're not quite there yet.

I must say I’m heartened by the reaction to Johnsons briefing earlier. Hopefully you are correct. 

The absolute beamer that Johnson and co have been willing to take for Cummings is a much more interesting story to me than the trip itself. Confirmation (that wasn't particularly needed) that Cummings runs that Government. I'd love to know what he has on BoJo.

Went to have a wee nibble on the 4/1 or whatever it was on Cummings to go, after seeing this stuff about further sightings of him in Durham and the Tory papers turning on them. 

Down to 5/4 QzWmbTZ.png 

People don't care and will forget about it by next week? I'm not sure about that. This isn't the same as shutting down parliament, or any of that other political shite. This is people who haven't seen family in months. People who have missed funerals, weddings, holidays, and everything else. Every single person in the country has been affected by this directly. They suffered and are now being made to look like fools. I don't think this will just wash away.

3 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:
He’s a fucking imbecile. A few weeks ago he wanted anyone sitting in a park to get lifted. 

He wants things on the news that ‘lighten the mood’, maybe the BBC can try and find a water-skiing squirrel or a panda about to give birth. 

Maybe the news could lighten the mood by showing Aleksandr Usyk about knocking his fucking head off on repeat. I certainly don't tire of seeing it. Eddie Hearns reaction also raises a smile.

It’s a shame how fortunate he was to meet Haye when he did, with Hayes injury as well... and his World Title win was hardly top tier, but it’s unfortunately resulted in him retiring with a massively inflated ego where he believes he could have coped at the elite level of Cruiser and Heavy weight. 

The absolute beamer that Johnson and co have been willing to take for Cummings is a much more interesting story to me than the trip itself. Confirmation (that wasn't particularly needed) that Cummings runs that Government. I'd love to know what he has on BoJo.
Went to have a wee nibble on the 4/1 or whatever it was on Cummings to go, after seeing this stuff about further sightings of him in Durham and the Tory papers turning on them. 
Down to 5/4 QzWmbTZ.png&key=574cd73f8379b75f537178b5c49c0807135d3df76f6c4755ac572906f4748937 
There does appear to be an outstanding sighting of him.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

People don't care and will forget about it by next week? I'm not sure about that. This isn't the same as shutting down parliament, or any of that other political shite. This is people who haven't seen family in months. People who have missed funerals, weddings, holidays, and everything else. Every single person in the country has been affected by this directly. They suffered and are now being made to look like fools. I don't think this will just wash away.

You’re right this just might be a bridge too far. Hardly anyone batted an eyelid at the allegations of corruption during the Brexit referendum, the dodgy financial dealings of Vote Leave, the Cambridge Analytica scandal, the refusal to release the Russia report before the election, Priti Patel directing money to the IDF and taking part in off the record meetings while in government etc etc etc. 

In terms of the next general election Johnson won’t give a shit about who wins it. He’s got the gig and couldn’t give a f**k about what happens beyond it.

Boris will probably call it a day before 2024, most likely through choice although there’s a non-zero chance that the men in grey suits pay him a visit if it turns into all out war between Cummings and the Tory backbenchers. There will be a leadership contest involving:

- Gove as the continuity candidate

- Sunak as the other continuity candidate

- Hunt as the candidate who doesn’t have his reputation tainted by the disaster that the government’s handling of covid will be viewed as

- Possibly Matt Hancock although I have a feeling his reputation is now damaged beyond repair

8 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

You’re right this just might be a bridge too far. Hardly anyone batted an eyelid at the allegations of corruption during the Brexit referendum, the dodgy financial dealings of Vote Leave, the Cambridge Analytica scandal, the refusal to release the Russia report before the election, Priti Patel directing money to the IDF and taking part in off the record meetings while in government etc etc etc. 

Yeah, I think stuff like that, if you are into it can seem like a big deal, but most people just don't really care. However, it's not just people who take an interest in politics that are talking about this, it's everyone. I think folk are pretty angry to be honest. 

Boris will probably call it a day before 2024, most likely through choice although there’s a non-zero chance that the men in grey suits pay him a visit if it turns into all out war between Cummings and the Tory backbenchers. There will be a leadership contest involving:

- Gove as the continuity candidate

- Sunak as the other continuity candidate

- Hunt as the candidate who doesn’t have his reputation tainted by the disaster that the government’s handling of covid will be viewed as

- Possibly Matt Hancock although I have a feeling his reputation is now damaged beyond repair

Cummings is Gove’s boy. Hunt has been very quiet thus far and is presumably playing the long game here. Hancock is an idiot so not to be ruled out. Sunak has been less disastrous than most of the others in the cabinet so probably still has some support.