Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I see one of the major companies looking for a bailout due to the Covid crisis is Ineos.  Maybe if the megalomaniac owner, Jim Ratcliffe, binned his uber-costly investment in his wee pet hobby cycling team, he'd be able to eat into the debts currently accruing.  Oh, and there'd be a lot less drugs being moved around Europe.  
Hes an absolute opportunist. No way hed let a crisis like this go to waste

I hope people realise that criticism of this whole fucking shambles is moon howling of the highest order.
We're well into Trumpland here. In fact, we're so far in everyone of us has taken out a 30 year mortgage to live in it. The country.....like the USA, because what they do we always follow.....is hopelessly split 50/50 up the middle. Our side always good, their side always evil. 
For half the country, the Tories could eat babies while downing champagne live on TV every night, and they wouldn't give a f**k as long as brown people are thrown out of the country, they can still celebrate Dunkirk, and they can hate these scrounging Jocks in general and Nicola Sturgeon in particular.
And the thing is, at the moment, that half of the country have all the power. The other half can complain all they want, the right-wing half will wave their cocks at us and say there's f**k all we can do for another 5 years. 
I get where you're coming from Bob, but that's a counsel of despair. Covid-19 has accelerated a situation that was always going to happen, namely that Johnson is an utter lightweight - morally, politically and crucially temperamentally; if Mogg had his nanny, then Johnson has his Dommy, and Cummings knows this all too well.
Johnson is struggling badly right now but I reckon Brexit will be his and the Tories Waterloo. An economy still fucked by the pandemic will collide with a Culloden-style rush into No Deal with catastrophic results. Labour, the SNP and Barnier need to keep their boots on this Government's neck and I reckon it will implode. Chill, and play the medium-term game; we're not quite America yet.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, hearthammer said:
I see one of the major companies looking for a bailout due to the Covid crisis is Ineos.  Maybe if the megalomaniac owner, Jim Ratcliffe, binned his uber-costly investment in his wee pet hobby cycling team, he'd be able to eat into the debts currently accruing.  Oh, and there'd be a lot less drugs being moved around Europe.  

Hes an absolute opportunist. No way hed let a crisis like this go to waste

I'm guessing wee marshy is a tea boy or janny at Grangemouth and took exception to your endorsement.  Or is he still on vendettas with his points rouge ??

Yes but old Scots, distributed all over the country so they can hardly return any MPs. In England whole towns of people of all ages vote Tory. That only happens here in places like Larkhall which are too small to have any effect.
Aye I know but still. Maybe Covid has turfed out a few.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Fucking hell, get us independence from these useless c***s immediately.

Can't get out of here sooner. And watching that evil b*****d Cummings smirk as he strolls away from a crowd of arselickers should be the final nail in the Union's coffin.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Yes but old Scots, distributed all over the country so they can hardly return any MPs. In England whole towns of people of all ages vote Tory. That only happens here in places like Larkhall which are too small to have any effect.

Maybe that's where the blame lies? Not with Gordon Brown using NF language or Cameron and his Brexit vote. Maybe the proles of Engerland looked north to Larkhall and thought 'yes, we are all Larkhall'.

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

I'm guessing wee marshy is a tea boy or janny at Grangemouth and took exception to your endorsement.  Or is he still on vendettas with his points rouge ??

Fucked if I know. I have a long history with the works of Jim Ratcliffe. It was certainly not an endorsement, just a statement of fact. There might be some folk on this board who know more about the way shit goes down at Ineos than me. I doubt it though. 

Johnson has always had contempt for the electorate, with his huge Commons majority he has no cause to hide it.

However there is a deeper more insidious change taking place in U.K. politics and a SPAD giving a press conference in the rose garden at No 10 is yet another example of past accepted conventions being ignored.  In itself it’s not a big deal, what is represents, however, is of huge significance.

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Be interesting to see the front page of tomorrow's Daily Heil.  If they are still calling for Cumming's head on a spike, Johnson is in deep shit.  If they flip, the c*nt will skate.

They’ll be back to hating Muslims and black folk by Thursday. Don’t worry.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I work in a retailer in Edinburgh city centre. Today was like a normal day of summer. I still have a queue of groups of folk wanting bottles of wine to take to sit in the park. Absolutely fucking everyone has just jacked it.

Yup.......https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/25/busy-as-notting-hill-carnival-botany-bay-residents-bemoan-packed-kent-cove

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Johnson has always had contempt for the electorate, with his huge Commons majority he has no cause to hide it.

However there is a deeper more insidious change taking place in U.K. politics and a SPAD giving a press conference in the rose garden at No 10 is yet another example of past accepted conventions being ignored.  In itself it’s not a big deal, what is represents, however, is of huge significance.

Funny how so much about Brexit was the thing about being 'ruled over by unelected bureaucrats'..., and

here we are with an unelected political operative with the Prime Minister in the palm of his hand.