Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We need to support each other locally, that's the key. Small communities helping each other out, keeping each other sane.

It's the only thing we can control.

The big government stuff will happen. Lots of people will die. But we need to try and be as calm as possible and work together.

Blitz spirit will come out of this. And hounding the c***s who will try to profit and stock pile is one of the first things. Get them telt.

The best way to get through this is by co-operating.

That’s us f####d then as most people are generally too selfish.
The government in the 80s saw the destruction of working class communities for the sake of a capitalist ideology and the chickens may be coming home to roost now.
I hope I am wrong but I am not too optimistic.

1 minute ago, Dunfermline Don said:

That’s us f####d then as most people are generally too selfish.
The government in the 80s saw the destruction of working class communities for the sake of a capitalist ideology and the chickens may be coming home to roost now.
I hope I am wrong but I am not too optimistic.

Don’t say the S word.

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

. They’ve also had to bring in Chinese equipment and doctors. I also believe that Italy was screening people at airports.

You mean China sent some doctors and asked Italy to pay for them, as a PR stunt.

I don't doubt for a millisencond that what is happening in Italy is much worse than what we are being told will happen here, but lets not pretend Chinese doctors have any impact on that. 

If only the NHS hadn't spent the last decade having its budget obliterated.

I've seen so many comments on Facebook and Twitter saying "thoughts and prayers" for the recovery of those infected etc. 

How do religious folk justify these situations? If their god is in control of everything, why would he create a disease like this and why would he let innocent people suffer and die? 

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Just imagine yourself as a rangers fan - at least some Kefliks will die.

What's not to love about that?

Still gobsmacked that Leverkusen's Wendell took off his shirt at half time to show a t-shirt saying "jesus" with a crown of thorns.

If UEFA had any decency he'd be banned for the despicable political statement

5 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I've seen so many comments on Facebook and Twitter saying "thoughts and prayers" for the recovery of those infected etc. 

How do religious folk justify these situations? If their god is in control of everything, why would he create a disease like this and why would he let innocent people suffer and die? 

Unfortunately they are gullible and are in fear of invisible beings and probably do scratch cards when they get milk from the local Spar.

Had 8 notifications there - 8 red dots from the weirdo because I red dotted him. 

At the end of times, I'm in my first doting war. Yas.

Seriously though is Chickens, Barrajag?

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Red dots lots of posts - then complains about a dotting war.

Like candy from a baby

No complaints, feel free to continue. It's the last I'll mention it.

Guest JTS98

In the flat with fever/chills and a dry throat.

No cough yet, so hopefully just your bog-standard bug. But who knows?

Can't leave my flat in this state because they are temperature checking everyone every time they enter the building. If I'm above whatever they consider acceptable, I get kicked out the building.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Can't leave my flat in this state because they are temperature checking everyone every time they enter the building. If I'm above whatever they consider acceptable, I get kicked out the building.

Where's this?

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Malaysia.

I'm due to move to SEA in a few months - convinced that there'll be a flight ban from UK by then.

I think most of SEA will be the safest place to be, not 100% convinced Malaysia features in that.

Awrabest

Edited by FrankChickens1

3 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I'm due to move to SEA in a few months - convinced that there'll be a flight ban from UK by then.

I think most of SEA will be the safest place to be, not 100% convinced Malaysia features in that

Get in the SEA

3 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I pretty much in hibernation too now. This thing is scary as f**k. I’ve got a dodgy heart from getting viral pneumonia a few years back.
I hear folk saying it’s just like the flu and you’ll get over it no problem. Pneumonia is a horrible illness I was in the ICU ward for a week hooked up to oxygen, it took 3 months to get over it and left me with heart failure.
Scary stuff coming folks. Stay healthy.

I definitely feel for anyone who is in the high risk category. I'm not specifically worried about getting the virus itself. I'm confident I have a strong enough constitution to fight it with minimal issues. My overriding worry is that I catch it and before I know it's even a thing, pass it onto my stepdaughter (who works in a care home with the most frail of people).

I've already decided that I'm going to stay away from my mum for the next few weeks. Her immune system could very well be compromised by this so I don't want to put her at risk.

I won’t give you thoughts and prayers, but all the best and hope it doesn’t develop to anything.

Since my ME/Stay at home notice and all the meds to take, I can’t say I feel much better. Can hardly draw a fucking breathe at times.

Thats now 2 weeks of this shit, so hopefully its near the end (or I am).

I think most of SEA will be the safest place to be, not 100% convinced Malaysia features in that.
Awrabest

Depends where in SEA your going to be. I doubt it will be the safest place to be. Most countries just don’t have the infrastructure to cope

Can imagine the US shutting borders now.  

Mexico are now talking about shutting the northern border as there's only 15 diagnosed cases there so far and they don't want it to get any worse. The GIRFUY aspect won't have crossed their minds at all, I don't think.