Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Shutting borders could be the right thing to do but it's not just a knee jerk.  Italy immediately suspended direct flights and put in heat sensors at their auirports but are facing a catastrophe, maybe partly due to the false sense of security that came with that.

I'm sure Trump won't take any knee jerk actions that aren't backed up with solid, sober advice and evidence though.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Trump came across quite well there. Sounded shaken for once.

Probably only because it affects him personally as those two dudes he was photographed with have it and he knows it's on the way for him. 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

I’ve just turned the TV on and f**k me this is going to be a tough few weeks. Didn’t realise how much I relied on watching sport.

I'm stock piling as much as I can. Recorded all the Europa games last night as well as the darts.

Tonight there's a Bellator MMA show on Sky. UFC on BT tomorrow.

Went into Tesco there to buy stuff to make a chill con carne only to find there was no red peppers and only two packs of “premium” beef mince left because of c***s panic buying. I had to walk across the road to Aldi where thankfully they had peppers. After failing to find any cheaper mince in Aldi I then returned to Tesco to pick up the premium mince I had hidden behind the ostrich steaks.

Fucking tragic state of affairs.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Went into Tesco there to buy stuff to make a chill con carne only to find there was no red peppers and only two packs of “premium” beef mince left because of c***s panic buying. I had to walk across the road to Aldi where thankfully they had peppers. After failing to find any cheaper mince in Aldi I then returned to Tesco to pick up the premium mince I had hidden behind the ostrich steaks.

Fucking tragic state of affairs.

Tragic right enough

Pretty sure the cheap mince in Tesco is made out of animals that die before pet shops can sell them

Also astonished that a supermarket has low stock levels near 9PM on a Friday

Same here, except I'm in education so can only really work from home when we all do. Wife works in a bookies and is wondering what will happen now that there's f**k-all to bet on except the cartoon races.
Was in GP yesterday getting the pneumonia jab. Was told that in the few days it needs to kick off, I'll have a sore arm and maybe feel groggy, like I have a flu. Fucking good one. 

I pretty much in hibernation too now. This thing is scary as f**k. I’ve got a dodgy heart from getting viral pneumonia a few years back.
I hear folk saying it’s just like the flu and you’ll get over it no problem. Pneumonia is a horrible illness I was in the ICU ward for a week hooked up to oxygen, it took 3 months to get over it and left me with heart failure.
Scary stuff coming folks. Stay healthy.