Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Granny Danger said:

That report says 7 hours old, but the BBC website ran an almost identical piece 3 or 4 weeks back.  Pretty bad they’re recycling stories when there’s so much more to cover.

Never noticed it the last time.

Plenty of bandwidth, though...

Hancock is on the telly explaining that the app will;

"If you're in a shop for a phone and get a ping from the virus, it'll test your phone for pings and isolate it until I get a test. If that's negative Bob's your uncle".

11 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Security guard in Michigan shot dead for enforcing that state's mandated wearing of face masks in shops.  Sums up Trump's America - poor guy was just doing his job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52540266

I'll admit to being surprised to find  he was  (allegedly) killed by black guys.  

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Hancock is on the telly explaining that the app will;

"If you're in a shop for a phone and get a ping from the virus, it'll test your phone for pings and isolate it until I get a test. If that's negative Bob's your uncle".

What a mess.  Clear as mud.

26 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Starmer showing himself up of Sky News a few minutes ago . Instantly dismissing the idea of the 4 nations exiting lockdown at different times, then immediately being open to Kay Burley's suggestion that areas of England could exit at different times.

Good to see Labour, on a UK-wide scale are able to keep finding fuckwit leaders, to replace, er fuckwit leaders. 

Seems that the difference in excess deaths would point to different areas requiring different easing of lockdown strategies. Sturgeon seems to be erring on the cautious side even though we are not as badly hit as England.

Here's the source of this random tweeter's info.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/#

Edited by Suspect Device

7 hours ago, The OP said:

Misinformation and bad science being spread around social media is a major issue in the modern world and P&B has a higher readership than most facebook pages and twitter accounts. What you say about a substitution or a corner matters f**k all. Constant misinformation downplaying a pandemic could lead some people to treat the best scientific advice we have with more disdain

This is very true, I nearly died.  Got lovely white teeth now though 

33 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Seems that the difference in excess deaths would point to different areas requiring different easing of lockdown strategies. Sturgeon seems to be erring on the cautious side even though we are not as badly hit as England.

Here's the source of this random tweeter's info.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/#

NS is very much erring on the cautious side - possibly with good reason.

Will be interesting to see how today's briefing goes. The UK one yesterday felt fairly upbeat - I think it's time we got something with a similar feel to it. Getting to be hard work hearing the same 'Stay Home, Save Lives' message everyday

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Will be interesting to see how today's briefing goes. The UK one yesterday felt fairly upbeat - I think it's time we got something with a similar feel to it. Getting to be hard work hearing the same 'Stay Home, Save Lives' message everyday

Were you not on a few days ago, predicting no end in sight?

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Ok hi Scotland, it's Nic Sturgeon here, how we all doing, it's a bit shit innit. I know we are all bored so lets have a f**k it go out and get loaded weekend, what you say Scotland you with me.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Were you not on a few days ago, predicting no end in sight?

Aye. Like I say, NS could do with giving us Scots something a bit more positive and meaningful to hang on to before everyone ends up like me!