Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Not convinced we'll have it in Scotland (at least not at the same time as England).

There would surely be absolutely no reason not to have it?

Health is a devolved matter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52533449

In among here NS speaks about "old-fashioned contact tracing" was still going to be key. In her briefing today she was noticeably less enthusiastic about an app in comparison to the UK one.

I'm sure we'll get it, but quite possibly a little later than down south.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So we've had the brass neck care home bosses with their crocodile tears.

Now it's the turn of private nursery bosses to have a whine - another bunch of brass neck b*****ds.

I’ve always felt uncomfortable about the profit concept in social care.  You maximise your profit by providing the least expensive service to residents; hence many/most care workers being on minimum wage and generally poor contracts.

That said, this stems directly from policies of successive governments.  Only a political change will have any impact upon how people are looked after in old age.

14 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

I know how much you like graphs.

Screenshot_20200504-191116_Drive.jpeg

No, it's not plausible.

Not even that?

The one spike without the dominant influenza type noted?

20200504_191912.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
Is everyone going to download the NHS contact tracing app?

Absolutely, on the proviso that there are iron clad assurances about data usage and deletion post pandemic.

I’d get these assurances in writing.  Then you’ll know that they’re valid.

Not even that?
20200504_191912.jpg.b4b87570ed72ab81744ed2456224ec5d.jpg
It's not noted because they won't know what the dominant flu variant was for the last winter yet.. If you think you can compare that spike which is no worse than the last few years with what we are currently going through, I can only conclude that you're at it.

5 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Not even that?
20200504_191912.jpg.b4b87570ed72ab81744ed2456224ec5d.jpg

If you think you can compare that spike which is no worse than the last few years with what we are currently going through, I can only conclude that you're at it.

For something to fly under the radar that would have to be true...

Why would they not know what the dominant type was btw? The very same document breaks down recorded influenza infections by variant.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Earlier I posted that I had worries that Test, Trace, Isolate would mean the football would be up the spout, but I only skimmed over the details of the document.

On reflection football should be ok then, as players are never within 2 metres of one another for anything more than a few seconds. (Changing rooms and transport to away games will need to be looked at right enough)

That's not what will prevent football being played in Scotland in empty stadiums.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
51 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
Is everyone going to download the NHS contact tracing app?

Absolutely, on the proviso that there are iron clad assurances about data usage and deletion post pandemic.

Like in The Dark Knight when Lucius is able to destroy the tracking app?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's not what will prevent football being played in Scotland in empty stadiums.

Like in The Dark Knight when Lucius is able to destroy the tracking app?

Absolutely

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve always felt uncomfortable about the profit concept in social care.  You maximise your profit by providing the least expensive service to residents; hence many/most care workers being on minimum wage and generally poor contracts.

That said, this stems directly from policies of successive governments.  Only a political change will have any impact upon how people are looked after in old age.

We have to pay for this one way or the other. Better through taxation for state run care homes than through your taxed wages for private run ones, imo. The government (taxpayer) pays a % of patient care costs in any case, afaik.

Bit like the so called taxpayer funded privatised railways.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

We have to pay for this one way or the other. Better through taxation for state run care homes than through your taxed wages for private run ones, imo. The government (taxpayer) pays a % of patient care costs in any case, afaik.

Bit like the so called taxpayer funded privatised railways.

If demographics keep going as they are and they close the borders down for willing care workers, maybe families will just have to start looking after their own, as happens in most countries.

59 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So we've had the brass neck care home bosses with their crocodile tears.

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My eldest grandaughter works in a Care Home in a village in Perthshire.

The Home usually caters for 30 residents. Now they are down to 16.

No guarantee that the 14 deaths are all due to the virus but it disnae look good.

For something to fly under the radar that would have to be true...
Why would they not know what the dominant type was btw? The very same document breaks down recorded influenza infections by variant.
I'd imagine they currently have more to deal with than adding up all the flu cases and adding it to a graph. Looks like A(h3n2) so far from the stats I can find anyway.

9 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Are you touting for business on her behalf, Willie?

16 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

No guarantee that the 14 deaths are all due to the virus but it disnae look good.

She's not Beverley Allitt by any chance?