Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus: Test website closes after 'significant demand'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52405852

Yet 51% think cuntface Johnson is doing a good job.

Makes you wonder if a pandemic is really so bad.*

* snowflakes triggered.

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why are secondary school teachers included in this?

Hospital staff, emergency services, and retirement home staff should by some distance the priority. In fact they should be tested frequently.

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Why are secondary school teachers included in this?

Hospital staff, emergency services, and retirement home staff should by some distance the priority. In fact they should be tested frequently.

Are you thick or just an attention seeker?

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I’m just catching up on this but it’s no surprise.  Even if we assume everyone using it is genuinely a key worker(which absolutely won’t be the case with no checks) the numbers aren’t anywhere close to adding up.  10 million looking for 15000 tests means they will be taken up very quickly.

20 hours ago, bennett said:

Kilbirnie folk should have an immunity to the virus tbf. 

Theres lots of folk who'd love to be out doing passtimes/interests outside (myself included) but it's just not worth the risk in not following the rules.

Cycling is permitted and my daily cycle has probably kept me reasonably sane during this, tho I've noticed that even the wee country roads are starting to fill up with folk out walking. 

Harsh !!

That's what I mean though, what 's the difference between cycling and golfing from a risk perspective ? I'd actually say cycling is far more dangerous both in terms of breaching social distancing and for a general risk of personal injury which would obviously impact the emergency sevices.

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

You answer my question first.
Why is an education adviser getting a test ahead of medical staff?

Education staff and health workers are both 'Tier 1' in the list of key workers, so are both entitled to first dibs on the tests.

My mother was supposed to be tested yesterday, the mobile unit turned up at her door at half 9 this morning. (The test apparently isn't near as gruesome as some had portrayed it online) Waiting on the results now.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

You answer my question first.
Why is an education adviser getting a test ahead of medical staff?

It’s for all frontline staff.  There are teachers working who are teaching the children of other essential workers. They are also as vulnerable given no PPE and coming into contact with lots of different kids.

Now, thick or attention seeker?

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Even if we assume everyone using it is genuinely a key worker(which absolutely won’t be the case with no checks)

It absolutely won't be. Falkirk Council had to delay implementation of key worker childcare for a couple of days as loads of chancers had lied about being key workers so they could pack their weans off to school.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Some Facebook group my missus is on has had it's first numbering and shaming of a house that didn't clap.

Good stuff, hope this leads to a number of grassing of folk making multiple journeys etc. Great entertainment

It's interesting that the leaked pandemic planning document says that we should expect three waves. Presumably that would be now then again at the beginning of winter and a final wave next spring.

I got pelted for saying no foreign holidays for a few years but it's looking more and more likely. 

Just now, Detournement said:

It's interesting that the leaked pandemic planning document says that we should expect three waves. Presumably that would be now then again at the beginning of winter and a final wave next spring.

I got pelted for saying no foreign holidays for a few years but it's looking more and more likely. 

You seem delighted. Well done. 

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Some Facebook group my missus is on has had it's first numbering and shaming of a house that didn't clap.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-woman-named-and-shamed-by-neighbours-on-facebook-for-not-joining-clap-for-carers-11978192

These c***s need a good kicking.  That is not hyperbole, they are a fucking disgraceful sub-species.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-woman-named-and-shamed-by-neighbours-on-facebook-for-not-joining-clap-for-carers-11978192

A woman says she was "named and shamed" by neighbours after she fell asleep and missed the weekly clap for carers tribute to NHS staff and key workers.

The mother said had been tired after "a rough night" with her son, and inadvertently failed to take part in the event despite having done so in previous weeks.

And writing on internet forum Mumsnet, the woman said she was later publicly criticised on the local community Facebook page.

NIMBYSNET

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Read on I Love Leith fb page some boy was running around Prince Regent St shouting f**k the NHS during the clap last night. Had a semi lol when I read it even though it turns out the guy probably has mental health issues didn't stop the electronic pitchforks coming out though.