Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Seems like everyone in dunfermline has decided to go for a shop today at the same time.

Standing at asda for two hours when theres a huge spar or aldi five mins away empty.

Fuckwits

Aldi is class. Mental that so many folk still look down on it. Likewise Lidl (especially its immense bakery).

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Very surprised that so many folks seem to be out and about. I'm in Duddingston/ Portobello and other than the usual shops, the streets and roads seem very quiet. 

Although when I read about the madness at Five Guys when it re-opened a take-away service in Fountainbridge I really wonder about what goes on in folks heads. Is it really that important to get a burger? If it is, fair enough - but at least try and keep some sort of distancing. All that's going to happen is there will be a tightening of the restrictions on who can do take away...

Folk are beyond stupid. Five Guys is very expensive.

Oh, and there's a global pandemic.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

More proof, not that it was needed, that America is easily the most corrupt nation on earth.

What's the deal with Bali? Only two deaths yet they had five weekly flights directly from Wuhan up until February. Hundreds of thousands of Chinese a month.
The obvious answer is under-reporting but crematoria are saying their business has shown no significant increase.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

You just know that some yanks are going to start swallowing bottles of dettol, he makes our government look competent by comparison. 

In the absence of any football to bet on, I'll give you even money that deaths from the Disinfectant Infection hit double figures by the end of the month.

More chance of that than CockHand's testing target, at least. I suppose we've all noticed that every. fucking. statement. from these cúnts about testing contains the word "capacity", ever since it was pointed out how far behind the curve they actually are?

"Health Secretary announces testing station in his back garden with capacity for 40k tests a day" - "see? told you we'd do it!"

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aldi is class. Mental that so many folk still look down on it. Likewise Lidl (especially its immense bakery).

Was in Aldi last Friday and it was an absolute nightmare compared to Asda or Morrisons in terms of social distancing and the like. No real effort to control how many people were in the shop, staff coming right across next to you to stack shelves, loads of big stock trolleys blocking aisles.

I have to admit I don't really like it at the best of times because it feels like you're in some sort of warehouse or cash and carry, and I generally can't get everything I need as easily as I can from the "traditional" supermarkets, but that put me off going anywhere near it for the next few months.

The people that deserve a slap out of this the most are millenials. Sick of hearing young c***s moaning because they can't get to the pub for dark fruits and jagerbombs, or they can't get out for a "cheeky nandos" or a "maccy dees".  We all have to deal with the the issue of not getting out to do the things we like for a good while,  but we just have to suck it up and get on with it. Aye I'm missing going for a Friday pint, but I can still get beers at the shop. 

f**k. Me.

If anyone had ever made a gif of Kez Dugdale's "rousing" speech on Question Time which was met with a hugely awkward silence, then this post would be ideal for it. Please tell me you just copied this from some gammon on Facebook.

Atrocious stuff.

Heard from my mate that hairdressers/barbers could potentially be shut for 6 months. His wife owns one so is worried in case this is true. How will that work for the staff she employs if the furlough scene is only in place until June? Same with pubs and their staff. Will it be extended or will they just have to go onto Universal Credit? 

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Very surprised that so many folks seem to be out and about. I'm in Duddingston/ Portobello and other than the usual shops, the streets and roads seem very quiet. 

Although when I read about the madness at Five Guys when it re-opened a take-away service in Fountainbridge I really wonder about what goes on in folks heads. Is it really that important to get a burger? If it is, fair enough - but at least try and keep some sort of distancing. All that's going to happen is there will be a tightening of the restrictions on who can do take away...

Plenty people chilling in St Mark's Park when I skated through earlier. Nice atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really? Our next door neighbour paid over £100,000 for his bungalow. Would be lucky to get £65,000 odd for it now.

Did you move in after he bought it, then?

ETA:OK, slow off the mark, but unsurprising I'm not the only one to tap that in.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

5 hours ago, philpy said:

The people that deserve a slap out of this the most are millenials. Sick of hearing young c***s moaning because they can't get to the pub for dark fruits and jagerbombs, or they can't get out for a "cheeky nandos" or a "maccy dees".  We all have to deal with the the issue of not getting out to do the things we like for a good while,  but we just have to suck it up and get on with it. Aye I'm missing going for a Friday pint, but I can still get beers at the shop. 

EDF1EAF8-6CBC-4E79-A5E0-604A07A6D923.jpeg

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Byres Road had quite a few folk waiting to get into the Santander bank (open every other day at the moment), a few folk queuing at the butcher and fishmonger. Waitrose had folk queued down the block and halfway up the street around the corner. Then again there are limited numbers allowed in these places. Did seem busier overall.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's been fairly quiet the last few days. I definitely think there are more people out on Fridays for some reason

Byres Road definitely seemed busier today than the rest of the week. More traffic too.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

There's yer Katie Hopkins back from her hibernation to predictably turn on the NHS via those few staff having the temerity to engage in a few moments of levity on social media.

That will split the gammons the nhs are all superheroes just now according to gammon media