Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, philpy said:

The people that deserve a slap out of this the most are millenials. Sick of hearing young c***s moaning because they can't get to the pub for dark fruits and jagerbombs, or they can't get out for a "cheeky nandos" or a "maccy dees".  We all have to deal with the the issue of not getting out to do the things we like for a good while,  but we just have to suck it up and get on with it. Aye I'm missing going for a Friday pint, but I can still get beers at the shop. 

*inhales sharply through teeth*

10 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Very surprised that so many folks seem to be out and about. I'm in Duddingston/ Portobello and other than the usual shops, the streets and roads seem very quiet. 

Although when I read about the madness at Five Guys when it re-opened a take-away service in Fountainbridge I really wonder about what goes on in folks heads. Is it really that important to get a burger? If it is, fair enough - but at least try and keep some sort of distancing. All that's going to happen is there will be a tightening of the restrictions on who can do take away...

Same - I had to drive into London Road today - the roads were fairly quiet, and not a 'uge amount of people about - quite a few walking around Arthur's Seat, but folk are allowed an hour, eh?

Massive queue outside the butcher's when I got back to Dalkeith - the only queues I've seen in Dalkeith I've seen recently have been outside the Indian joint and the kebab shop. Standard. 

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really? Our next door neighbour paid over £100,000 for his bungalow. Would be lucky to get £65,000 odd for it now.

Should have checked out the neighbours beforehand...

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Problem for many in the world today.  Our water gets turned off or the pressure lessened because of drought (Nov to May).  Recently we have had our water off for up to 4 hours per day noon to 4pm for about 2 weeks.

Also, electricity gets turned off so Bangkok can keep going.  I don't know if that is even possible, but that's what the locals tell me. 

It's life, you just get on with it....nobody complains, it's too fucking hot to get bother about trivial matter.    

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really? Our next door neighbour paid over £100,000 for his bungalow. Would be lucky to get £65,000 odd for it now.

That's 'cause you're next door to him ;)

Byres Road had quite a few folk waiting to get into the Santander bank (open every other day at the moment), a few folk queuing at the butcher and fishmonger. Waitrose had folk queued down the block and halfway up the street around the corner. Then again there are limited numbers allowed in these places. Did seem busier overall.

20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Byres Road had quite a few folk waiting to get into the Santander bank (open every other day at the moment), a few folk queuing at the butcher and fishmonger. Waitrose had folk queued down the block and halfway up the street around the corner. Then again there are limited numbers allowed in these places. Did seem busier overall.

It's been fairly quiet the last few days. I definitely think there are more people out on Fridays for some reason

UK key worker testing site doon.

There seems to be a common turn of events with announcements coming from England. The UK Gov wildly over-promise on something, frothing Unionists like Mintermind get very excited about them beating Scotland to the punch and then the original promise is totally bungled or never materialises. 

Edited by Alan Stubbs

UK key worker testing site doon.
There seems to be a common turn of events with announcements coming from England. The UK Gov wildly over-promise on something, frothing Unionists like Mintermind get very excited about them beating Scotland to the punche and then the original promise is totally bungled or never materialises. 
It's short term idiotic thinking like shutting down nearly all trains or telling people to shop online

It seems like a strange time to get upset about millennials. Most of us have already had two major financial crashes during the formative years of our careers. Historically speaking, It could be much worse. We're not being slaughtered en masse in a ditch somewhere but realising the basic ambitions of most generations reaching their 20s/30s hasn't exactly been a picnic.
I appreciate that buying houses for £14 and making a quick buck off every public asset Britain had to offer has built a sense of resilience in the boomers that we couldn't hope to understand. Plus they didn't have Strongbow Dark Fruit growing up, so well done on being hard.

This boomer would like to say very well put sir. Spot on [emoji106]