Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

70 deaths announced today.

Not sure why they are reported as "dying in the last 24 hours" though.

It's quite clear Scotland isn't effectively counting deaths at the weekend. Lumping the weekend deaths not reported on Saturday or Sunday on to Tuesday's figures and pretending they have all died in the last 24 hours is odd. And that's assuming they are all lumped on to Tuesday and not spread over a few days.

England is the same, you can see on the NHSE graph how far back the deaths reported on any single day actually go. Today's ones include deaths as far back as 21st March.

Fogle is a pathetic tryhard c**t. He is so desperate to start something during all of this that he can take credit for .
Outwith Mastermind, I'd like to think that absolutely nobody sang Happy Birthday to Der Majesty at 9am today.

I’d largely missed this bloke, and I’m still not quite sure who he is. I’m quite happy to call him a c**t, though. Because two tweets is all it takes to see that.

15m ago 15:42
Covid-19 has created an unexpected outburst of cross-community co-operation across the sectarian divide in Northern Ireland, reports Henry McDonald in Belfast.
The Protestant Orange Order has announced it has bought a substantial quantity of PPE which it will distribute to health staff on both sides of the Irish border.
The Grand Lodge of Ireland - the Order’s ruling body on the island - has said it has purchased tens of thousands of masks, protective gowns and hand sanitiser.
Orange lodges in both Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic have been tasked to distribute the PPE.
3500.jpg?width=300%26quality=85%26auto=format%26fit=max%26s=4ff1206a6d7dfd86edfe4ced2b188d48&key=840a20d2f96f1bb68b3120a8c590567ee554d02ec68b52c4ec67b33c4c1381bc

Edward Stevenson, the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Ireland, said everyone owned “a huge debt of gratitude to all key workers who are working so hard to tackle this dreadful disease.”
The Orange Order has already taken the unusual step of cancelling all its parades and marches including the annual commemoration of the Battle of the Boyne on 12 July in response to the pandemic.
Orangemen however are still making use of the drums they use in the marching season. Some are taking them out to batter during the mass applause and public displays of support for NHS and other key workers every Thursday since the lockdown began.
It's bizarre isn't it? My wife's work has managed to secure a massive load of PPE from somewhere (probably China!) and have chartered a plane to bring it back the the UK. The Orange Order has managed to buy PPE. British companies who normally make other products are saying that they can make it and are actually selling it abroad but the UK Government and their sycophants on social media keep saying that Boris is doing a great job and that the PPE thing can't be their fault because there is a global shortage.

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Takeaway joints are making home deliveries increasingly in my neck of the woods - how do c***s feel about eating food that's been cooked and prepared by other c***s in the current situation? 

I'm no more or less concerned by that than I am about buying a loaf of bread or bottle of milk that someone else has put on a shelf tbh.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Snafu said:
15m ago 15:42
Covid-19 has created an unexpected outburst of cross-community co-operation across the sectarian divide in Northern Ireland, reports Henry McDonald in Belfast.
The Protestant Orange Order has announced it has bought a substantial quantity of PPE which it will distribute to health staff on both sides of the Irish border.
The Grand Lodge of Ireland - the Order’s ruling body on the island - has said it has purchased tens of thousands of masks, protective gowns and hand sanitiser.
Orange lodges in both Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic have been tasked to distribute the PPE.
3500.jpg?width=300%26quality=85%26auto=format%26fit=max%26s=4ff1206a6d7dfd86edfe4ced2b188d48&key=840a20d2f96f1bb68b3120a8c590567ee554d02ec68b52c4ec67b33c4c1381bc

Edward Stevenson, the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Ireland, said everyone owned “a huge debt of gratitude to all key workers who are working so hard to tackle this dreadful disease.”
The Orange Order has already taken the unusual step of cancelling all its parades and marches including the annual commemoration of the Battle of the Boyne on 12 July in response to the pandemic.
Orangemen however are still making use of the drums they use in the marching season. Some are taking them out to batter during the mass applause and public displays of support for NHS and other key workers every Thursday since the lockdown began.

It's bizarre isn't it? My wife's work has managed to secure a massive load of PPE from somewhere (probably China!) and have chartered a plane to bring it back the the UK. The Orange Order has managed to buy PPE. British companies who normally make other products are saying that they can make it and are actually selling it abroad but the UK Government and their sycophants on social media keep saying that Boris is doing a great job and that the PPE thing can't be their fault because there is a global shortage.

There is PPE available.

There is a difference between the PPE that is widely available, however, and medical grade PPE

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Takeaway joints are making home deliveries increasingly in my neck of the woods - how do c***s feel about eating food that's been cooked and prepared by other c***s in the current situation? 

Should be fine. Just remember to bin all the packaging and use a plate...

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

This is brutal to watch. Hancock and the other 2 clownshoes don't exactlly install confidence in the Governments handling of the pandemic.

I actually think Hancock is probably the least sh*t of all the various ministers that have appeared. 

57 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Ohhh badly done by the BBC. Let’s interrupt talking to a grieving son to go to the daily briefing. Why start talking to the man at 5.02pm? They know this briefing is happening.

I made this point last week. They do it every day, although it's usually one of their own correspondents who has just started answering a complex question when they are told to shut up.

41 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I haven’t had a takeaway pizza in about a month. Last time I went the guy took my money, gave me the change, then preceded to put the toppings on without washing his hands in between. Clatty mink

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I haven’t had a takeaway pizza in about a month. Last time I went the guy took my money, gave me the change, then preceded to put the toppings on without washing his hands in between. Clatty mink

Did you eat it?

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Do we think that the ons report will get a mention in todays briefing ?

It says the government figures are woefully short amd deaths are 41% higher

Made the evening news 

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The next English Civil War should be good, too - Suburban garden-owners versus high-rise scum*.

*Not my opinion, but to read the papers/watch the news down here, you'd think the heroic efforts of the Home Counties in having to play tennis against family members rather than going to each others' places are being negated by subhumans getting their one hour of fresh air a day and not moving fast enough while doing it!  It's fucking shocking and massively disrespectful to a large swathe of the population who:

a. Are having it harder just through the circumstance of confinement in small, cramped and overcrowded properties - sometimes miles in the air,

b. Are very likely to be suffering more financially due to the precarious society we have allowed to develop,

and

c. Contain an awful lot of the people who these sanctimonious twats are "clapping for"* - NHS Staff, Supermarkt workers, public transport employees - not known for their massive property portfolios, these folk.

*The "look at me" for folk who find Facebook insufficiently validating, can't sing, or don't have mates in the media to get them to explain how hard things are "live" from their place in the country

Breaking social distancing rules might kill your friends, family and neighbours but it does piss off the core Tory vote in the Home Counties so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not.