Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They could invest in themselves and get more qualifications and a better job?
I agree with what you're saying but if you look at the average person in lots of debt who works then I would bet that they have lots of things they dont need or really can afford.
Average debt in 1990 was about 2k. Now its 15k despite no real wage increases.
People end up trapped in debt and it's not a good thing. Employers can treat people like shit because they know they're desperate. It's a society based on people buying shit they dont need.
As I said it's almost considered good or normal now to exist like this until the interest rates go up and everyone is fucked.
80% of GDP is debt. The country is ruined economically.
Time for some Marxism. Done properly, of course.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s also because they’ve ran out of acu or ventilators and they can’t even treat old people. 
The NHS was at 75% capacity even before the corona outbreak. There’s no way they will be able to treat people properly if we get the same spike as Italy. It’s basically a death sentence for anyone with health issues and older which is why I’m going mental at the decisions to keep everyone going about daily life as if it’s nothing. People are just worried about themselves and money rather than the bigger picture yet I’m the horrible self centred one because I don’t want to see elderly relatives die due to topping up profits for companies.

This 30bn is pointless if the equipment and doctors/staff aren’t there. There was no reason why we didn’t throw money at it months ago, it’s utter stupidity to keep on pretending everything is fine until it gets out of control.

Also the Italian health service is supposedly well funded and more modern than the nhs. 

Fūcksake, calm down!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Lets say there will be less snap opportunities like this the next time you take a villa in Tuscony.

3c9b664c3e9e4cfbf0bea5d914ecb997.jpg

After the slating I got earlier for my reference to the widness of Nadine Dorrires, someone else can do the honours here.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Channel four news has covered this really well. Speaking to WHO doctors and people who tried to get tested.

WHO basically saying that china gave the rest of the world a chance and we've wasted it.

People trying to get tested saying procedure was all over the place. Not sure what to do.

39 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Terrible news. Work need a Guinea Pig to work from home on Friday, in case Corona Virus means staff need to work from home.

And I've been picked.

They think you have it and are trying to get shot of you. Or they are having a big work lunch and dont want you there. Or the IT guinea pig thing you said.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Channel four news has covered this really well. Speaking to WHO doctors and people who tried to get tested.

WHO basically saying that china gave the rest of the world a chance and we've wasted it.

People trying to get tested saying procedure was all over the place. Not sure what to do.

To plagarise a colleague. Dont panic!

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

After the slating I got earlier for my reference to the widness of Nadine Dorrires, someone else van do the honours here.

Looks like throbber's just sent them a pm.

A guy at my work got a phone call from his dad, he says there’s to be a big announcement tomorrow from the government down South re coronavirus. Might be a load of shite. I suppose I’ll find out tomorrow.

A guy at my work got a phone call from his dad, he says there’s to be a big announcement tomorrow from the government down South re coronavirus. Might be a load of shite. I suppose I’ll find out tomorrow.
Watching Andrew Neil earlier he said the govt have passed some sort of emergency legislation which they will discuss with other parties over the next week.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Unless his name is Boris Johnson then I’m pretty sure the government aren’t running their response timetable past some no-mark at your work’s dad tbh.

11 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Student nurses have been told that they could be drafted in as emergency cover.

I'd draft in a few student nurses.