Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Covid-19 officially declared a pandemic.

Always reminds me of the Wire, where they would call their drugs pandemics.

“Got those pandemics, pandemics”

I'm unable to read about weapons of mass destruction without hearing the call in my head.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I'll take the advice of infectious disease experts as being better than a "common sense approach", thanks.

The infectious disease experts that the UK government are listening to seem to have somewhat different views than their mates on the continent though. It's not quite as clear cut as you suggest.

There has been talk of old people being forced to stay in their houses for a three week period, which would be a fucking glorious change for anyone who has to use supermarkets, public transport or just get from A to B in a town centre between 9 and 5 every day. Let's make it six weeks to be on the safe side.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

We're all going to die, fact, we don't know how or when but it WILL happen at some point, worrying about it or stopping actually LIVING your life is worse in my book.

Or we could just take a break from our normal behaviour for a few weeks to mitigate the risk especially to the elderly and sick, and then get back to normal. They aren't banning telly.

On 08/03/2020 at 16:57, Granny Danger said:

It would certainly be karma if this c**t caught it.

A Christian televangelist has been ordered by New York's attorney general to stop promoting a "cure" for the coronavirus to the public. 

The cease-and-desist letter was sent to the Jim Bakker Show after it had naturopathic doctor Sherrill Sellman as a guest on 12 February.   During the show, the doctor was asked if her $125 "Silver Solution" sold online would work against the coronavirus. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-cure-christian-televangelist-new-york-sherrill-sellman-jim-bakker-a9385476.html

Jim Bakker is now being sued by the Missouri attorney general for selling this.

3 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

They have the oldest or one of the oldest populations in the world, this virus effects the old more hence why the death rate is significantly higher in Italy than in China.

Also, from watching Montalbano, their old folk usually stay with their children and grandchildren instead of getting dumped in a home like here.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

They have the oldest or one of the oldest populations in the world, this virus effects the old more hence why the death rate is significantly higher in Italy than in China.

It’s also because they’ve ran out of acu or ventilators and they can’t even treat old people. 
The NHS was at 75% capacity even before the corona outbreak. There’s no way they will be able to treat people properly if we get the same spike as Italy. It’s basically a death sentence for anyone with health issues and older which is why I’m going mental at the decisions to keep everyone going about daily life as if it’s nothing. People are just worried about themselves and money rather than the bigger picture yet I’m the horrible self centred one because I don’t want to see elderly relatives die due to topping up profits for companies.

This 30bn is pointless if the equipment and doctors/staff aren’t there. There was no reason why we didn’t throw money at it months ago, it’s utter stupidity to keep on pretending everything is fine until it gets out of control.

Also the Italian health service is supposedly well funded and more modern than the nhs. 

Edited by D.A.F.C

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What’s the age profile and underlying health conditions of those who no longer partaking of la dolce vita?

Lets say there will be less snap opportunities like this the next time you take a villa in Tuscony.

3c9b664c3e9e4cfbf0bea5d914ecb997.jpg