Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Zuma said:

Picture the scene you've got your gloves on the trolley handle and are following the one way system through your local supermarket.    You reach the tinned produce aisle,  you consult the list and you need peaches, soup and tuna.   

Do you....

A)  Spend a little extra on a tin with a ring pull?  
B)  Buy a naked can and use a tin opener*?  

I buy the tins I want. 

Just now, Zuma said:

I eat tuna twice weekly.   By buying a naked can twice weekly I saved enough money over a calendar to buy a new microwave on a black Friday deal.  

Think about it.  

Really? Is it that much?

I thought it was only pennies.

I suppose in your case then it would be worth buying the non ring pull cans.

7 minutes ago, Zuma said:

Picture the scene you've got your gloves on the trolley handle and are following the one way system through your local supermarket.    You reach the tinned produce aisle,  you consult the list and you need peaches, soup and tuna.   

Do you....

A)  Spend a little extra on a tin with a ring pull?  
B)  Buy a naked can and use a tin opener*?  

If I haven't been concentrating I sometimes get cans without a ring pull. It's very disappointing when you pick one out the cupboard. Some stuff isn't always available in ring pulls us and brands of tomatoes, chick peas, mushy peas. It can be a real issue.

1 minute ago, Zuma said:

I remember on my mothers death bed she looked at me and said....."Grahame you look after the pennies and the microwaves will look after themselves"   

She's dead now.   

Wise words

5 minutes ago, Zuma said:

Do you have a stainless steel can opener?  

No, it's a plastic handle, steel opener. It take the whole top off including the rim, rather than pierce the top inside the rim. It's good when needed, but I prefer not to.

Eta, sorry for your loss.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

The Tories are hateful.
Who voted for these p***ks?

Selfish p***ks and morons. It turns out England's full of them, and we've got more than we'd care to admit up here as well.
The MSN really need to hold these fuckers feet to the fire but won't. People are dying unnecessary because of these c***s!
What is the msn? (is it not msm?)

The media are heavily dominated by right wing owners and the bbc is shit scared of the press. It's a fucking shite state of affairs.

Somehow, despite information being more widely available than ever before, the non - switched-on masses are happy to swallow up the same right wing lies as ever.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Selfish p***ks and morons. It turns out England's full of them, and we've got more than we'd care to admit up here as well.
What is the msn? (is it not msm?)

The media are heavily dominated by right wing owners and the bbc is shit scared of the press. It's a fucking shite state of affairs.

Somehow, despite information being more widely available than ever before, the non - switched-on masses are happy to swallow up the same right wing lies as ever.

A record high support for them in Wales after the latest poll.

I had a look at some of the reaction in the scientific community to that research and there was some scepticism over both the methodology and conclusions. 

Yes, like everything right now it is inconclusive. It is not currently peer reviewed.

The point being, its not cut and dried that it is a case of immunity after catching it. At this point we really don’t know.