Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Said it before will say it again, politicians cannot give a straight answer.

It's in their DNA.  They are generally selfish, duplicitous c***s who only go into politics for their own ego and gain.

There are very few that are genuinely in situ to serve the people first.

I can't remember who said it but anyone who wants to be a politician as a career choice should automatically banned from being one.

A parcel of rogues.

Billy Connolly wasnt it?

Anyway, Patel's non-answer was a bit like the one about the bloke being told to apologise for calling someone stupid, so he says "I'm sorry you're stupid". Just when you think they've reached the bottom of the barrel, they keep scraping away and come up with something or someone new. Even the BBC flagged up that the journo asked the question 3 times and still got no answer. Her implication was there was no problem, and she was apologising that the journo thought that way.

4 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, Tynierose said:
Said it before will say it again, politicians cannot give a straight answer.
It's in their DNA.  They are generally selfish, duplicitous c***s who only go into politics for their own ego and gain.
There are very few that are genuinely in situ to serve the people first.
I can't remember who said it but anyone who wants to be a politician as a career choice should automatically banned from being one.
A parcel of rogues.

Billy Connolly wasnt it?

It was indeed. 

25 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Billy Connolly wasnt it?

Aye it was 

52 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

That would be Billy Connolly

2 hours ago, marty_j said:

Patel

“I apologise if anyone feels we haven’t provided PPE”

Actual state

Also why can’t MPs quiz them why journalists from Tory rags like Telegraph? I hope someone asks her what Johnson’s favourite LOR trilogy film was - crucial fucking stuff

They're strict about how gets in, from what I can tell journalists have to apply to be allowed entrance. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone know when the first furlough payment is going to be paid? 

People will get paid 'as normal', so whenever you're normally due.  Businesses will start to get reimbursed as of the end of this month (that's what Scottish Enterprise have been telling me).

23 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

People will get paid 'as normal', so whenever you're normally due.  Businesses will start to get reimbursed as of the end of this month (that's what Scottish Enterprise have been telling me).

What if the business hasn't got the cash reserves to pay up front?

In an almost bottomless pit of c***s Priti Patel is the c**t's c**t.
That what she said tonight. That's a pathological need to never apologise. That's a window into her mind and folk should be taking note of that. She might just be worst tory of all.

What if the business hasn't got the cash reserves to pay up front?

Then they have to let employees go. The unemployment rate, even with the furlough system, is going to be enormous sooner rather than later.

Plus what was said before.