Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just new cases and deaths being low over last 2 days, it's Easter weekend, so figures won't be reliable until middle of next week. 
That is a good sign.

Has any other country followed their more lax policy? It'll be interesting to see the end analysis of the whole thing, when we know the final death totals as well as the long term economic impact of stringent measures.

This will be a interesting topic to teach in the years to come.

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm hoping for the opposite but I don't see anything different in us that means we're not going to follow the same curves as the rest. 

I'd rather call it as I see it than go down the underplaying route our media are currently taking. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

That is a good sign.

Has any other country followed their more lax policy? It'll be interesting to see the end analysis of the whole thing, when we know the final death totals as well as the long term economic impact of stringent measures.

This will be a interesting topic to teach in the years to come.

Hopefully it encourages lots more of our youngsters to view a career in science as a worthwhile option. 

Prime Minister Stefan Löfven has admitted that Sweden was not properly prepared for the pandemic and that it is "obvious that country has not done enough". Restaurants not observing social distancing should be shut, he told Swedish broadcaster SVT.

In Sweden, 870 people have died from the virus - many more than neighbours Denmark (247) and Norway (113), where lockdowns were introduced in early March.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Thoughts and prayers from the pandarillas of this world >>> evidence from multiple countries

You're such a fanny, mate.

Smash some pans together, that'll cheer you up.

Very trump like. Nothing to do with my policy !

Prime Minister Stefan Löfven has admitted that Sweden was not properly prepared for the pandemic and that it is "obvious that country has not done enough". Restaurants not observing social distancing should be shut, he told Swedish broadcaster SVT.
In Sweden, 870 people have died from the virus - many more than neighbours Denmark (247) and Norway (113), where lockdowns were introduced in early March.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Coronavirus betting tip of the day, sponsored by the vodka and sauna producers of Belarus:

Energetik - BGU to win away to Torpedo Zhodino, 11/5 with McBookies.

My account seems to have been hacked by somebody without a clue about Belorussian soccer ball, soz. 

Took dog out for his (and my) walk round the leafy west end. Streets pretty busy. Cut through Downhill Park (pretty small, normally quiet). Every seat had a couple of folk on them and even a few folk sunbathing. Passed by Mansfield park, bit of grass with a basketball/ 5 aside park. About a dozen folk in it in groups of three. A group of another six sitting outside with dogs.

Headed up road Taxi driver giving his car a good clean. Then noticed he was coughing like f**k. Hard to imagine doing that job or travelling in a taxi at this time 

Anyway, back home and time to crack a can...

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Took dog out for his (and my) walk round the leafy west end. Streets pretty busy. Cut through Downhill Park (pretty small, normally quiet). Every seat had a couple of folk on them and even a few folk sunbathing. Passed by Mansfield park, bit of grass with a basketball/ 5 aside park. About a dozen folk in it in groups of three. A group of another six sitting outside with dogs.

Headed up road Taxi driver giving his car a good clean. Then noticed he was coughing like f**k. Hard to imagine doing that job or travelling in a taxi at this time 

Anyway, back home and time to crack a can...

How's the dog?

Here we go,  Torie's mask slipping . Out clapping NHS staff at night, next day cant wait to blame the lack of PPE on them for using too much or not properly. Absolute c***s
Hancock is really showing his true colours. He goes from one pr disaster to another. A completely inept politician.