Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Trump thread or this one. Guessed more people would see/read it in this one

It's a bit of a long read but it's worth it. The utter incompetence of the man is staggering

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/americans-are-paying-the-price-for-trumps-failures/609532/

FB_IMG_1586602025367.thumb.jpg.e9ea258d3f5e85e3557ea4a566e200c4.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's the line the police will already be going down.

Heavy fines won't work as a deterrent.

In Scotland the police tactic as required by the Government is a 4 step process with enforcement being seen as the very last resort ie repeat offenders or people refusing to desist. The notion that people are just being issued fines indiscriminately for walking back to the shop with a bottle of wine whilst on their daily exercise is not something that goes along with the overarching strategy.

There have also been cases in Japan and China. Not conclusive as you say, but its impossible to suggest at this time that you cannot catch it more than once.

There is also a recent study that is being ‘qualified’ in China that in some
cases you could be at higher risk of catching it again.

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

There have also been cases in Japan and China. Not conclusive as you say, but its impossible to suggest at this time that you cannot catch it more than once.

There is also a recent study that is being ‘qualified’ in China that in some
cases you could be at higher risk of catching it again.

I read somewhere that if you only experience mild symptoms it's possible that you won't gain immunity, possibly the Chinese study you referred to.

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-catch-twice/

Repeat infections seem to be as likely down to testing anomaly as actual re infection.

I for one am happy to work under the same assumptions as the scientists dealing with the crisis re immunity. Gaining immunity certainly seems to be the way they intend to proceed.

How the f**k do you expect to see a second wave spike when we haven't reached the initial peak officially.

The difference of a few house parties in each area is not going to be 1000 deaths a day. Get off your high horse and calm the f**k down.

So far there's no evidence than folk are catching this more than once. There's been no second wave spike so far and it would be very unusual for this to be a virus that didn't create an immunity. I'm certain i read early on that almost all corona viruses do.

I read somewhere that if you only experience mild symptoms it's possible that you won't gain immunity, possibly the Chinese study you referred to.

Don’t have the link to hand and too late to bother looking, but would say it is the same one. Circa 200 recovered patients tested and around 1/3 who had mild symptoms had little or no antibodies, suggesting they would be at high risk of re-infection.

Add that to confirmed re-infections in China, Japan and South Korea, its a bold policy at this point to hope on herd immunity. At this point no one knows.

Repeat infections seem to be as likely down to testing anomaly as actual re infection.

I for one am happy to work under the same assumptions as the scientists dealing with the crisis re immunity. Gaining immunity certainly seems to be the way they intend to proceed.

Not to say its right or wrong, but that’s old data now.

47 deaths in Scotland I'm the last 24 hours. I know these figures are a tough ropey, but that's one less than yesterday - Scotland possibly peaking?

Can't find any info on hospital admissions though - anyone got that. Was hoping that they're beginning to drop (in Scotland at least).

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Don’t have the link to hand and too late to bother looking, but would say it is the same one. Circa 200 recovered patients tested and around 1/3 who had mild symptoms had little or no antibodies, suggesting they would be at high risk of re-infection.

Add that to confirmed re-infections in China, Japan and South Korea, its a bold policy at this point to hope on herd immunity. At this point no one knows.

My main hope of going on holiday anytime soon is that the Germans aren't promising more than they can deliver. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/curevac-pushes-to-accelerate-coronavirus-vaccine-trials/

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

47 deaths in Scotland I'm the last 24 hours. I know these figures are a tough ropey, but that's one less than yesterday - Scotland possibly peaking?

Can't find any info on hospital admissions though - anyone got that. Was hoping that they're beginning to drop (in Scotland at least).

A total of 542 people who tested positive for coronavirus in Scotland have died, a rise of 47 on Friday’s figure, according to the Scottish Government.

Across the country, 29,903 people have now been tested for Covid-19, with 5,590 testing positive.

As of Friday night, 1,855 patients were in hospital with either confirmed or suspected coronavirus, an increase of 23.

Of those, 212 were being treated in intensive care units, up five from the previous night and the same number as on Thursday.

One of those that passed away yesterday was my friend's 23 year old son. He was born with a heart defect and his life expectancy was only about 18 months, but various operations and 2 heart transplants got him this far, an utter c**t that he has finally been beaten by this.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My main hope of going on holiday anytime soon is that the Germans aren't promising more than they can deliver. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/curevac-pushes-to-accelerate-coronavirus-vaccine-trials/

If you can trust anything in this whole thing, it's that a lot of people are working harder than they have ever worked before to be first to the coin. 

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

One of those that passed away yesterday was my friend's 23 year old son. He was born with a heart defect and his life expectancy was only about 18 months, but various operations and 2 heart transplants got him this far, an utter c**t that he has finally been beaten by this.

Tragic, sorry hear that. But does demonstrate how good the health system we have is that he lived so much longer than was expected. Again, sorry to hear that news

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Personally I wouldn't be listening to anyone and taking their word until it's proven, these fuckers need people like you to prove or disprove their guesses, educated as they are, they are still guesses, most of their mistakes have been down to studying history and making educated guesses, this has acted differently to the others so far.