Jump to content
ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That sounds like what would been delivered if the Broons had ordered a Tesco home delivery from the But ‘n Ben.

You'd need to multiply that by around 10 for the Broons, Daphne would munch that herself..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Siblings stop having baths together and fighting over soap at about 5 years old so of all the sexual imagery to throw up, I thought that was a bit of a noncey route to go down tbqhwy. 

I'll leave it at that. 

Fair enough.  It's not where my dirty mind landed but there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bennett said:

You'd need to multiply that by around 10 for the Broons, Daphne would munch that herself..

Good point.  Didn’t have a cucumber for Maggie either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just been delivered - a fry pack, a packet of soda bread, tea bags, sugar, coffee, a jar of jam, tin of custard, tin of beans, tin of peas, tin of chicken soup, 4 sachets of breakfast cereal.

More than happy with that.

No milk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had Sky News on and off over the last couple of days and the coverage of Boris Johnson feels really ominous.  It's almost like the newsreaders have been told to prepare for the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Good point.  Didn’t have a cucumber for Maggie either...

 

88771AE9-6A47-4765-B3D8-5EA1576870CA.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, throbber said:

Where do you get that from? It was coming on the bbc app at 2 o clock before but not now.

It was 46 deaths a day on Friday and Saturday   last week and now 78 deaths on 3 days so It appears to be a good sign at 26 deaths a day average but I’m not sure what they’re playing at with the figures.

They did announce some deaths on Sunday and Monday. I think it was 9 and 2, but still leaves the average well below end of last week. Given the doubts over how they're reporting deaths, I think positive tests and number in ICU (199) are better indicators.

Edited by bendan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I'm pretty sure the 'one bit of exercise a day' instruction exists to get people into a habit of exercising, whilst they don't have anything else to do. And the hope is they'll continue with it after the lockdown ends.

  Now that public health experts are at the top of the food chain, basically telling the government what to do, they've probably asked government to do it as they know they'll do anything they tell them. 

As long as folk are social distancing, I don't really understand what the problem is with it. 

There's no problem at all, I was merely making an observation that I found quite comical.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
12 minutes ago, bennett said:
You'd need to multiply that by around 10 for the Broons, Daphne would munch that herself..

Did Horace grow up to be Rees-Mogg ?

Not if it's Alain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I've had Sky News on and off over the last couple of days and the coverage of Boris Johnson feels really ominous.  It's almost like the newsreaders have been told to prepare for the worst.

The BBC sounding more positive at the moment.  No pneumonia, breathing on his own, blah, blah...

ETA: on oxygen.

Edited by The DA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bendan said:

They did announce some deaths on Sunday and Monday. I think it was 9 and 2, but still leaves the average well below end of last week. Given the doubts over how they're reporting deaths, I think positive tests and number in ICU (199) are better indicators.

It was 2 and 2, went from 218 - 220 - 222 and now 296. They aren't saying on their twitter page how many have died in a certain time they are only just updating their overall death count. It's not much use for graph enthusiasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do get a good feeling of community around the place... just back from the corner shop and  the bloke behind the counter gave me my groceries for nothing, said I could take anything I wanted... 

 

20200318_133146.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No milk? 

We did the Herman's Hermits stuff ages ago. Keep up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just been delivered - a fry pack, a packet of soda bread, tea bags, sugar, coffee, a jar of jam, tin of custard, tin of beans, tin of peas, tin of chicken soup, 4 sachets of breakfast cereal.

More than happy with that.

What did your Missus get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I do get a good feeling of community around the place... just back from the corner shop and  the bloke behind the counter gave me my groceries for nothing, said I could take anything I wanted... 

 

20200318_133146.jpg

Should  add safety glasses or a visor to your outfit, the eyes are vulnerable. 

 

Or maybe make your own cbrn suit just to be on the safe side. 

Edited by bennett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been coming...finally lost the rag with a brain donor in a shop. Waiting in a queue with clearly delineated 2m spaces on the floor, this dopey late middle-aged bint out with her daughter wandered up and stood about a foot behind me...space invader distance even under normal circumstances:

"The f**k you doing?" I then had one of those horrible moments of doubt when it crossed my mind that maybe I'd just growled at somebody who had early onset dementia or something...she had that slightly bovine uncomprehending look about her that I've seen in some that do...but going by the comprehensive and voluble way her daughter proceeded to tell her off, I'm glad to say she was just thick as f**k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just been delivered - a fry pack, a packet of soda bread, tea bags, sugar, coffee, a jar of jam, tin of custard, tin of beans, tin of peas, tin of chicken soup, 4 sachets of breakfast cereal.

More than happy with that.

Did you also get a tin of bully beef and a Commando comic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...