Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Loads of people clapping on my street, banging pots and some fireworks from the rougher types across the road.

I actually found it quite moving. Some of my neighbours are self isolating and one family has a member on a ventilator and receiving other life saving care with the virus, for them it was a chance to see their neighbours and they were shouting over and waving to the people across the street. It was nice for them, the impact of having so little social contact must be huge.

Yeah I get that about it, and fair fucks. My wife claps every week although hasn't gone quite as far as banging pots and pans. But I understand there's a bit of a feel good thing about it. Just worried it's going to become compulsory or you're scum for not getting involved. Hints of that already on my local fb groups. 

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Loads of people clapping on my street, banging pots and some fireworks from the rougher types across the road.

I actually found it quite moving. Some of my neighbours are self isolating and one family has a member on a ventilator and receiving other life saving care with the virus, for them it was a chance to see their neighbours and they were shouting over and waving to the people across the street. It was nice for them, the impact of having so little social contact must be huge.

Hopefully that enthusiasm will carry through to the next GE and voting for a political party commited to the NHS.

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Just worried it's going to become compulsory or you're scum for not getting involved. Hints of that already on my local fb groups. 

Christ. Like another Poppy fallout but for people who chose not to stand at their doors and clap once a week.

15 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It's time for the WHO to crawl out of the CCP's arse.

This is akin to Traynor saying someone called him sectarian names and threw rocks at him.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52230833

Private Eye mentioned that they are having to crawl to China because their next biggest contributor is withholding funding...

..that being the USA as Trump is in a spat with the WHO.

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I am not on facebook and haven't encountered anyone being a twat about clapping. 

Coincidence? 

Same. 

My mate text me earlier saying he's tested positive for the virus. He's a bus driver in Inverness. 

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

After you've used that water pistol in your ear, want to do mine? My ears are still killing me and my doctors no letting is in. 

Careful, you might get brainwashed, a har har har.

I am not on facebook and haven't encountered anyone being a twat about clapping. 
Coincidence? 
Snap. I dont anticipate even having a conversation with anyone about clapping, and it wont last long if it turns into some sort of point scoring. It's times like this I genuinely wonder why folk have facebook. It might be choc a block with absolute shite just now

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hopefully that enthusiasm will carry through to the next GE and voting for a political party commited to the NHS.

Good luck with that.

44 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

This is shite. I’m genuinely longing for a half time debate between ‘Biscuits’ and Willie Miller.

I'd give almost anything to get back to moaning about our defenders fannying about with the baw and not booting it to fcuk.  

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Hope he’s OK.  Is he hospitalised?

No he and his Mrs are self isolating for a week. 

He said its unlike its anything he's felt before. Just feels like he's on fire and this throat is closed up. 

Doesn't feel sick or shaking like you get with the flu. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

No he and his Mrs are self isolating for a week. 

He said its unlike its anything he's felt before. Just feels like he's on fire and this throat is closed up. 

Doesn't feel sick or shaking like you get with the flu. 

Hopefully it goes away but there have been concerns about people leaving it too late if the symptoms get worse.  

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Some guy utterly furious on my local fb page that people weren't out clapping in his street. Pointed out that people can show appreciation in other ways, and that if we make it compulsory to clap we'll end up with a situation like the poppy stuff that goes on every year. 

Now he's accusing me of being a Celtic supporter 🤦‍♂️ This country 😫🔫 

56 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I had some eejit on fb, claiming we should have a Live Aid type concert for NHS.

Totally ignoring the fact our tax should be paying for it, and all the issues including austerity that are crippling it.

Morons, morons everywhere.

I'm seeing a common denominator here.

It's times like this I genuinely wonder why folk have facebook. It might be choc a block with absolute shite just now

It'll only be choc a block with shite if you're friends with shite. If your friends are sound then you won't have a problem.