Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I spoke to a skip company today. He asked me what I was going to be disposing of, as he can only take some stuff with the council tips being shut. He then said to phone him back next week as he expects them to be opening back up [emoji848]

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, we've already had this and I already said that I'm more than willing to take the risk.

I'd need to catch the virus in this country anyway for it to have any impact while abroad (given I only go on breaks under 7 days generally).

What if your holiday is cancelled due to another outbreak/lockdown? You won't get your money back. It's not just insurance incase you personally fall ill.

36 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

If Granny Danger starts a sentence with "Back when" he can't expect anyone to pay attention after. 

PnBs version of uncle Albert...

Like Yellow fever etc I would think Covid 19 certification may become a border entry condition in many countries. That requires testing and vaccination.

Yes, we've already had this and I already said that I'm more than willing to take the risk.
I'd need to catch the virus in this country anyway for it to have any impact while abroad (given I only go on breaks under 7 days generally).

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I spoke to a skip company today. He asked me what I was going to be disposing of, as he can only take some stuff with the council tips being shut. He then said to phone him back next week as he expects them to be opening back up emoji848.png

There's definitely a changing of attitude in the air. In our own work it was pretty much panic stations a couple of weeks ago and they were running around trying to source laptops for everyone to work from home and there was meeting after meeting and high level conference calls, however this week it's been much more relaxed and with the exception of he social distancing rules it's a much calmer place with no sign of any panic or indeed pressing need to issue everyone with mobile equipment.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I spoke to a skip company today. He asked me what I was going to be disposing of, as he can only take some stuff with the council tips being shut. He then said to phone him back next week as he expects them to be opening back up emoji848.png

What a load of rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What if your holiday is cancelled due to another outbreak/lockdown? You won't get your money back. It's not just insurance incase you personally fall ill.

Yes I will. My Hotels are all booked on a pay on arrival basis and my flights if cancelled will be refunded by the airline, if not I'll have a SECTION 75 claim actioned on my CC.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes I will. My Hotels are all booked on a pay on arrival basis and my flights if cancelled will be refunded by the airline, if not I'll have a SECTION 75 claim actioned on my CC.

Sounds like a waste of time you bothering with insurance then, you seem to have all the answers!

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Like Yellow fever etc I would think Covid 19 certification may become a border entry condition in many countries. That requires testing and vaccination.

The bottom line is that countries such as Portugal, Spain, Greece, Malta & Cyprus all rely heavily on tourism, they will do everything they can to have their countries reopen for business as soon as is deemed safe to do so and they'll also ensure that there's a seamless yet safe method of entry and exit at their ports and borders.

Just now, Rugster said:

Sounds like a waste of time you bothering with insurance then, you seem to have all the answers!

It's more for piece of mind regarding needing hospital treatment / doctor while abroad. Obviously my E111 / EU Health Insurance card covers up to a fashion, but for the sake of £25 a year it's money that isn't missed.

I'm not trying to sound like a smug dick by the way, I'm merely saying what's True and as I work in Banking the chargeback or section 75 claim is also easily dealt with by one of my colleagues.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Yet somehow there is still no reports of Supermarket workers getting sick in large numbers or any deaths.

It looks to me like that they have managed to do an effective quarantine by putting all their vulnerable staff on 12 week paid leave. And it suggests that regular social contact isn't an issue for the vast majority of the population. 

3 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Heard on Radio Scotland, German company six months maximum from providing vaccine.

Due to its perceived nature, it won't require extensive testing.

Mon the Germans.

Same firm and vaccine that Trump tried and failed to buy the rights for to be for Yanks only.

https://www.politico.eu/article/curevac-pushes-to-accelerate-coronavirus-vaccine-trials/

A friend of my wife had been boasting all over FB about the long walks and cycles they have been doing. Sometimes for around 2-3 hours.
They have now been at A&E with a fractured ankle due to over exercising!
What do some people not understand about the current advice!

9 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Heard on Radio Scotland, German company six months maximum from providing vaccine.

Due to its perceived nature, it won't require extensive testing.

Mon the 

Good job we are in the Eu wit........oh wait 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Have you no local independent supermarkets handy that would do deliveries? We got a list through the door the other day with about 10 names on it (no Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys, all small independent shops), about 60% of them - maybe more - will do home deliveries.

We're already getting home deliveries (same day service if ordered in the morning) but this gives us more options.

Surely in a big place like Inverness there are any amount of independent shops available who would do home deliveries?