Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I’m seeing loads of tradesmen in vans, mostly in twos.  No way that’s social distancing.

Not to mention taxi drivers - lots of them in wee mini-cabs - no way are they social distancing

Think they are classed as essential.  

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Limit Exec pay, stronger Unions, wage caps, much higher taxes for the super rich and on their businesses in the country's which they operate.

Penalise success?  Not for me.  

Now, if  we were to be talking about properly taxing ALL corporations then I'd be fully onboard.   

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I’m seeing loads of tradesmen in vans, mostly in twos.  No way that’s social distancing.

Not to mention taxi drivers - lots of them in wee mini-cabs - no way are they social distancing

Not everyone has a car and with public transport (my area ) being reduced some people will find taxis vital. Hopefully the drivers are cleaning their cabs .

Same with tradesmen,  if you need a plumber or electrician then its usually an emergency. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes, Yesterday alone I spotted 4 boots workers walking down the street side by side laughing and joking with each other, 4 neds on Sauchiehall street participating in what looked like 3 toke pass with a 5 skinner and a group of North African looking delivery guys all congregated on Renfield street just having a chat.

Over and above this I've noticed quite a few small groups of kids starting to appear out together over the past couple of days.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Forgive me if I read it wrong but I'm sure I read that police in Manchester claim they broke up 500 house parties at the weekend. 😅

did that include gatecrashing kyle walker's exclusive little soiree ???

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

A bit pointless tbh. Anyone who is going to obey the lockdown doesn't need a letter, while those who don't care probably won't even read it.

Agreed up to a point, but if they hadn't sent them out, people who contract Covid-19 would be moaning "But naeboady telt us."

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cab driving must be about the most dangerous job on the planet at the mo, doubt they're getting much trade though.

I’ve seen a few hackney and private cabs with folk in them but I’ve seen quite a few buses with no passengers whatsoever  over the last couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

I’ve seen a few hackney and private cabs with folk in them but I’ve seen quite a few buses with no passengers whatsoever  over the last couple of weeks. 

If I had to go anywhere now and didnt have a car I'd take my chances with a cab before a  bus.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Penalise success?  Not for me.  

Now, if  we were to be talking about properly taxing ALL corporations then I'd be fully onboard.   

Sorry, but nobody's talking about penalising success, what we're talking about is NOT paying ridiculous sums of money to certain individuals whether that be Premiership footballers, Company CEO's or anyone else who's in the SUPER RICH bracket.

Handing Paul Pogba £10,000 per week instead of £290,000 isn't "penalising" anyone, it's paying someone £520,000 p/a when the median wage is less than £35,000 in the country and the minimum wage is around £16,000.00.

As for company CEO's, they are paid huge bonuses and salary's irrespective of success or failure and there's quite a few high profile guys who fail time and time again, yet still make it on the Forbes list. (Yes Andy, I'm looking at you).

There's also far too much nepotism and old boys network which make the whole setup an absolute sham. The regulators are part of it as are the politicians and as such the whole system is rotten to the core.

Of course most of the country don't care about stuff like this as they're far more interested in the lives and loves of z list celebrities, which ironically is a major part of the problem in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

If I had to go anywhere now and didnt have a car I'd take my chances with a cab before a  bus.

This, buses and trains must be quite hazardous right now.

39 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If you read tweets about Trump you would genuinely think that large swathes of the US populace are as thick as pigshit.

Some real revisionism going on right now regards coronavirus - Trump saying it's WHO's fault - and the morons are just lapping it up. Some of them actually believe that Trump was doing more than WHO in January and February - there's gullible and there's your average US citizen.

It's clear that when the bodybags really start piling up then he'll be using the racist card - blame Johnny Foreigner for causing it etc etc.

And the simpletons will fucking soak it up.

Obama pulled this shit after the Deepwater Horizon disaster, quick off the mark to blame 'British Petroleum' for the disaster when BP wasn't a British owned company.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Cab driving must be about the most dangerous job on the planet at the mo, doubt they're getting much trade though.

Theres a lot of them self employed too, maybe they feel they have no choice but to keep going.

If they are self employed and have either tried the usual dodges to avoid paying the right amount of tax (claiming dividends as a company director/underreporting actual earnings), they'll be fucked for government bungs. This will be the case if they are recently self employed.

In the first two cases I have little sympathy. In the later they have basically no choice of working or going down the UC route.