Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If you read tweets about Trump you would genuinely think that large swathes of the US populace are as thick as pigshit.

Some real revisionism going on right now regards coronavirus - Trump saying it's WHO's fault - and the morons are just lapping it up. Some of them actually believe that Trump was doing more than WHO in January and February - there's gullible and there's your average US citizen.

It's clear that when the bodybags really start piling up then he'll be using the racist card - blame Johnny Foreigner for causing it etc etc.

And the simpletons will fucking soak it up.

Yes, there was already a report in the US confirming that the situation in New York was "caused" by the "virus being brought from Europe". 

Trump of course can take no blame whatsoever, as he quite obviously DIDN'T tell everyone it was "fake news", and he didn't blame it on "the Democrats making it up" and he didn't tell everyone that it was "no threat to the USA".

No, Trump is of course completely blameless as always.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just meant I didnt thinking you as one of the arseholes that are all over this thread, I just dont understand the regular theme of folk forgetting this is a discussion board rather than a you can only post if you are an expert and have hard facts board. 

I'm all for a wide range of informed and ignorant opinions. 

Most folk have been suitably humble about the limits of their expertise. 

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
You can't be very high priority, we both got ours last week...

It's not the sheltered thing just generic.

So were ours.

11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Again,  we know the problem but what's the solution?   

Limit Exec pay, stronger Unions, wage caps, much higher taxes for the super rich and on their businesses in the country's which they operate.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The sheer number of people having house parties and ignoring the law is staggering.

Forgive me if I read it wrong but I'm sure I read that police in Manchester claim they broke up 500 house parties at the weekend. 😅

13 minutes ago, resk said:
24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
We were all given letters to carry with us as we were told the authorities could ask to see proof that we were "critical workers".

Okay, but there's no law saying only "critical" or "key" or "essential" workers can go to their work (again, AFAIK, just an internet gluepot etc). Maybe that will change if things get worse and more restrictive laws are passed.

It's  strange one, with yet more conflicting information.

My take on it is that it's the travelling part which makes a difference ?

As an example Window cleaners and Gardeners seem to be ok working in their locality in solitude but travelling to the next town etc would appear to be a no no ??

I'm commuting 25 miles so I'm assuming I've been given this letter to prove that there's a valid reason for me being out and I have seen a couple of people stopped by Police on the street and asked to show ID and explain why they're out, although I've not been stopped personally as yet.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

My Casper can detect lasagne from three rooms away. Not sure about killer viruses, though..20200320_055110.jpeg

Nice dug,

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It's  strange one, with yet more conflicting information.

My take on it is that it's the travelling part which makes a difference ?

As an example Window cleaners and Gardeners seem to be ok working in their locality in solitude but travelling to the next town etc would appear to be a no no ??

I'm commuting 25 miles so I'm assuming I've been given this letter to prove that there's a valid reason for me being out and I have seen a couple of people stopped by Police on the street and asked to show ID and explain why they're out, although I've not been stopped personally as yet.

I’m seeing loads of tradesmen in vans, mostly in twos.  No way that’s social distancing.

34 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Anyone get a letter today from the government?

Basically just telling you to stay home, seems odd.

A bit pointless tbh. Anyone who is going to obey the lockdown doesn't need a letter, while those who don't care probably won't even read it.

A waste of resources. 

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is there any harm in someone taking a round of golf as their "daily exercise"? As long as they're on their todd

The line has to be drawn somewhere, if golf was allowed then other sports would demand similar. 

I'd love to do a bit of fishing but it's just not possible right now.  Next doors koi and goldfish pond is looking awfy tempting tho, a wee bit of sweetcorn or bread on a size 12....