Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

I’m hearing lockdown will be relaxed in 2 weeks.

Also that we should be back to normal by August.

Also that there will be no holidays abroad until well into next year.

Also that Scotland will be ahead of rUK in lifting restrictions.

Also that the UK will be uniform in actions concerning lockdown lifting.

Do points 4 and 5 not slightly contradict each other? 🤔

2 minutes ago, resk said:

My understanding (and bear in mind I'm just some gluepot off of the internet) is that your employer doesn't need to make any assertion about being "essential", because AFAIK no legislation has been passed ordering "non-essential" businesses to cease working. There's a list of businesses that are ordered to close but its pubs, restaurants, hotels, non-food shops and that.

This is all AFAIK, I'm not a lawyer or govt employee or anything like that, and I may have missed some additional legislation to the statutory instrument I'm getting this from:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/contents/made

Just now, Gaz said:

The guidance has been so lax that far too many jumped-up small business owners can claim their business is essential and keep it open.

You are both entirely correct. I made a quick call to a friend in at Citizens Advice about it and basically I have two options, do as they say and go back to work or resign. I wish I was in a position to the do the latter immediately, but I'm not.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The Guardian article suggests they were persuaded to agree to DNR rather than not consulted whatsoever, still horrendous though. Some of them probably thought they were being offered cake.

P.S. Had a look at that forum, too many ((((((HUGS)))))) for me.. ^_^

Aye man it used to be good when I thought I was on my last legs, bit of support, but I can't bring myself to go on it now. Too many people rightly terrified of not getting access to ventilators, being left to die without treatment, getting their life extending chemo stopped because of the virus and this DNR stuff. I mean it makes sense that the govt have to do stuff like that (DNR thing aside) but it can't make it any easier to hear. 

((Hugs)) 

Just back from Sainsbury’s, just got the the top of an aisle when a woman passed about two feet from me and sneezed.

Normally you wouldn’t think twice about something as innocuous but in the present climate...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm often a bit shocked at the level of awareness of people making comments like this, on a football forum COVID thread.

I havent really seen anyone claiming much degree of certainty, just folk discussing their opinions with a smattering of folk behaving like absolute cocks into the bargain*

*That part not levelled at you in this instance.

I like the "in this instance" disclaimer. That's doing a lot of work for a throwaway phrase. 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just back from Sainsbury’s, just got the the top of an aisle when a woman passed about two feet from me and sneezed.

Normally you wouldn’t think twice about something as innocuous but in the present climate...

Kick in the pie? 🤔

Edited by jagfox99

If you read tweets about Trump you would genuinely think that large swathes of the US populace are as thick as pigshit.

Some real revisionism going on right now regards coronavirus - Trump saying it's WHO's fault - and the morons are just lapping it up. Some of them actually believe that Trump was doing more than WHO in January and February - there's gullible and there's your average US citizen.

It's clear that when the bodybags really start piling up then he'll be using the racist card - blame Johnny Foreigner for causing it etc etc.

And the simpletons will fucking soak it up.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If you read tweets about Trump you would genuinely think that large swathes of the US populace are as thick as pigshit.

Some real revisionism going on right now regards coronavirus - Trump saying it's WHO's fault - and the morons are just lapping it up. Some of them actually believe that Trump was doing more than WHO in January and February - there's gullible and there's your average US citizen.

It's clear that when the bodybags really start piling up then he'll be using the racist card - blame Johnny Foreigner for causing it etc etc.

And the simpletons will fucking soak it up.

You know we elected boris Johnson right? 

We were all given letters to carry with us as we were told the authorities could ask to see proof that we were "critical workers".
Okay, but there's no law saying only "critical" or "key" or "essential" workers can go to their work (again, AFAIK, just an internet gluepot etc). Maybe that will change if things get worse and more restrictive laws are passed.

22 hours ago, WATTOO said:

This is precisely why a change is needed.

I'm sick of this ridiculous argument that you need mega rich people so that Governments can then take a small percentage in tax which amounts to a huge contribution in actual terms, you then get the argument that you can't piss them off or they'd pay even less.

No, I'm sorry, You can't have one or two rich individuals dictating policy to Governments and tens of millions of citizens but unfortunately that's EXACTLY what we have.

When you have a situation where individuals from the world of Sport and Entertainment are actually personally funding Hospitals and Medical Equipment out of their petty cash, then that really should have alarm bells ringing.

TIME FOR CHANGE !!!

Again,  we know the problem but what's the solution?   

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I like the "in this instance" disclaimer. That's doing a lot of work for a throwaway phrase. 

I just meant I didnt thinking you as one of the arseholes that are all over this thread, I just dont understand the regular theme of folk forgetting this is a discussion board rather than a you can only post if you are an expert and have hard facts board.