Coronavirus (COVID-19)

54 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's pretty normal to ridicule covid psychos and the simps who pandered to them, tbf.

A funny thing.

I saw you'd responded, and genuinely thought to myself 'I bet his reply contains the word "simps'".  Delighted to note that it did.  You do not disappoint.  

Don't ever change. 

Actually, no.  Change.

18 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A funny thing.

I saw you'd responded, and genuinely thought to myself 'I bet his reply contains the word "simps'".  Delighted to note that it did.  You do not disappoint.

Don't ever change.

Actually, no.  Change.

Someone isn't taking the self-destruction of the SNP well. Sad to see.

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Someone isn't taking the self-destruction of the SNP well. Sad to see.

You see, that's your difficulty.

You think that because I thought you and others posted a great deal of shite on this thread, I must be a huge fan of the SNP government we have in Scotland.  I'm really not though.  On balance, I favour independence as a means of preventing us from having Tory governments. 

That's all, you know.  I get that this doesn't compute for you, and that I must fit into one of the categories you've witlessly created.

Sorry though.  It doesn't really work. 

21 hours ago, ICTChris said:

YOu see remnants of it - the garage up the road from me still has plastic boards across the tills, my son's nursery still has a masks sign bolted to the front wall.  The pharmacy I usually go to still has a sign up asking for only three people in at once.

It's like when they take down the sign on an old bujilding and you can see the faded outline that tells you it used to be an ironmongers or dry goods store in 1934.

The Tesco here still has big plastic dividers up at the tills to separate customers from the staff on the tills. The Morrisons still has dividers up to separate the trolley self-service tills from one another - meaning there’s barely enough room to squeeze the trolley through to the end of the till.

The pharmacy down the road still asks people to queue outside, not that anyone actually listens.

Mental.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The Tesco here still has big plastic dividers up at the tills to separate customers from the staff on the tills. The Morrisons still has dividers up to separate the trolley self-service tills from one another - meaning there’s barely enough room to squeeze the trolley through to the end of the till.

Mental.

These are just there because they haven't been taken away, not because the shops/companies think they still need to be there.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

These are just there because they haven't been taken away, not because the shops/companies think they still need to be there.

Probably. If they haven’t been taken down well over a year after almost everyone stopped caring who knows when they will though.

The ones at Morrisons especially are a pain in the arse.

I wish my local Coop would hurry up and get rid of the plastic screens at the checkouts. The bit where the shopping is put after being scanned is shorter than a 2 litre carton of milk, which makes packing the bag a pain in the arse. 

The Covid litter will probably be around a while yet, mostly due to laziness. 

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Maybe it's been deliberately left in place to piss off the type of bell-ends who notice such things.

For a supposedly overworked and underpaid teacher you don't half appear to have an awful lot of free time to post pish on here

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

For a supposedly overworked and underpaid teacher you don't half appear to have an awful lot of free time to post pish on here

I apologise for scraping a moment at the weekend.  

You're genuinely an odd chap, heaving with petty resentments.

I'd pity you, if I did.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I apologise for scraping a moment at the weekend.  I've not really claimed I'm either overworked or underpaid though.

You're genuinely an odd chap, heaving with petty resentments.

I'd pity you, if I did.

image.png.bc6644332cc036a6cb6e151a055e2177.png

On 18/03/2023 at 14:45, Michael W said:

I wish my local Coop would hurry up and get rid of the plastic screens at the checkouts. The bit where the shopping is put after being scanned is shorter than a 2 litre carton of milk, which makes packing the bag a pain in the arse. 

The Covid litter will probably be around a while yet, mostly due to laziness. 

I noticed that a lot of our local shops have now removed them, including Lidl, Barnardos etc.

In some cases I assume they've been kept not for any legitimate reason but because they can't be arsed removing them.

14 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Monkey Tennis aimlessly lashing out all over the shop. Sad to see.

He obviously didn’t believe in letting people think for themselves about lockdowns and masks. Sweden did and had about the same death rates as us but without ruining the economy, trashing the education system and turning normally sensible people into cringing wimps.

Interesting that Leitch is now admitting that it ‘may’ have been wrong to shut schools and ruin education for children.

If he is using the word ‘may’ then the true word must be ‘was’.

He also states that he was merely the ‘mouthpiece’ for the SNP government and not a decision maker.

With the SNP in chaos he’s obviously getting his excuses in whilst he can.

On 20/03/2023 at 08:43, Wingman said:

Interesting that Leitch is now admitting that it ‘may’ have been wrong to shut schools and ruin education for children.

If he is using the word ‘may’ then the true word must be ‘was’.

He also states that he was merely the ‘mouthpiece’ for the SNP government and not a decision maker.

With the SNP in chaos he’s obviously getting his excuses in whilst he can.

He seems to go further then that...

And of lockdown more generally? ‘Lockdown,’ Leitch concluded, ‘is an old fashioned approach to managing a disease that is going around the world in an aeroplane.’

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/schools-should-never-have-closed-during-covid-says-scottish-government-adviser/

Given Leitch was proclaiming in late January 2022 that a street party in Edinburgh in April 2022 would "likely be too soon" then he can say what he likes but it won't loosen the laces of his clownshoes.

If he had any sort of integrity he'd have said these things during the pandemic, rather than basking in his new found celebrity status by appearing regularly on the likes of Off the Ball to defend the SG's decisions.

16 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given Leitch was proclaiming in late January 2022 that a street party in Edinburgh in April 2022 would "likely be too soon" then he can say what he likes but it won't loosen the laces of his clownshoes.

If he had any sort of integrity he'd have said these things during the pandemic, rather than basking in his new found celebrity status by appearing regularly on the likes of Off the Ball to defend the SG's decisions.

An utter fraud of a man. He should have been ran out of the country for his posturing, attention seeking nonsense which came out of every media device for about 18 months. Idiot.