Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Out of kilter with my dentist. We're allowed in. 

Mine too, also mask wearing no longer compulsory at the local pharmacy.

I had taken mine along just in case.

Edited by btb

On 19/12/2022 at 11:12, ICTChris said:

I am completely recovered from Covid, was just really tired for a few days, had a fever for less than a day.

One thing that has lingered is that I keep getting the smell of cigarette smoke, like when someone smoking walks past you in the street.  It's really odd and apparently has been reported in people who have had Covid.  What a strange thing.

It took me a while to shake off everything smelling horribly acrid. Like vinegar, but with added bitterness. 

I couldn't face coffee for a while after as well. But that usually happens to me after respiratory infections. 

On 18/12/2022 at 08:29, approximately dave said:

^^^ Words that are no longer used because they are either outdated or offensive thread for this pish.

🥴

Err, Asian countries can be openly criticised for not moving on and removing their pieces of cloth from their face, especially if it is a peer pressure that is going to filter down to kids. Will I be offending them (or you) if, for example, I also bring up their generally very poor record on gender equality and gay rights in comparison to most western countries?

20 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Quite incredibly, my dentist still has the waiting room closed, and won't let you in the building without standing at the door and phoning them. Ideal when it's winter, your appointment is at 2, they have lunch 1-2, and the reception is unmanned as a result.

It's so out of kilter with everywhere else, including the doctor's I was in yesterday which was functioning 100% normally.

Is Jason Leitch your dentist?

19 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I have also noticed that more often than not it is an asian person who is the occasional mask wearer in public over here
A question for the P&Bers in Asia, 

are people there that much more worried about getting sick or is it more a case of collective societal pressure and no one wanting to be “ that “ person who doesn’t wear their mask?

or something else?

Probably a bit of both given how Covid has been sold in most of Asia, but it's likely that the latter is the biggest factor.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That second one is quite a sensible and nice thing to say. Also, wi....oh that's casual sexism.

You can't call a serial grifter repulsive without it being sexism in your wee fantasy world? Amazing stuff. 🥴

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I see one of the previous Zero Covid Twitter types had a thread in China entitled THERMONUCLEAR BAD NEWS. 😂

The Cult of Zero Covid believed everything coming out of China for three years, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about:

On 20/12/2022 at 22:21, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I have also noticed that more often than not it is an asian person who is the occasional mask wearer in public over here
A question for the P&Bers in Asia, 

are people there that much more worried about getting sick or is it more a case of collective societal pressure and no one wanting to be “ that “ person who doesn’t wear their mask?

or something else?

it's a bit of both where i live.

got to remember, when you caught it right up to July this year, you were put into a hospital.  Nobody wants that.

Also lots of mix messages from our government right up until today.

Monday - New Year celebrations, you will have to wear a mask

Wed - New Year celebrations, to be as normal as before covid 19

Thur (today) - New Year celebrations, you need to wear a mask and have at least a booster vaccine.

As I said I don't wear a mask, however I'm more or less the only one at the market (1 other person) today.  Then you get into my little street and nobody is wearing them...everyone know everyone.

At my work I don't wear, everyone has one on, many below their chin, easy to stick on if you feel like someone is watching...

It's a clusterfuck.  I can see it like this for at least 1 more year.

Jeezo. The Heil leading witha story on China coming out of zero Covid with this as the by-line:

Some of the first projections since China U-turned on zero Covid suggest hundreds of thousands will die in the coming months, with immunity from vaccinations low. Dr Eric Feigl-Ding, an immunologist at at the New England Complex Systems Institute, said the situation is so bad that 60 per cent of the country's population is likely to be infected over the next 90 days. Deaths will likely be in the 'millions - plural', he said, adding: 'This is just the start.'

i forgot all about this weapon

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Jeezo. The Heil leading witha story on China coming out of zero Covid with this as the by-line:

We have literally gone full circle and it’s back to late 2019, the rest of the world back to normal and china and asia getting ridden with this

4 hours ago, the snudge said:

My daughters doctor surgery just made me go and sit in a separate waiting room because I politely declined a mask. A bit weird but they got really combatative about it. 

Why did you “decline a mask”?

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Folk like him will be secretly delighted with what has happened in China. Keep that grift going!