Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Surprised that so far no one has yet picked up on oor Devi gracing the front page of a fashion magazine: 

https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2022/11/health-professor-goes-glam-as-grazia-cover-star/amp/

309B8FEB-D392-4C3D-8675-167C6B56FE6D.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Wid btw. But wouldn’t hing aboot for my breakfast. 

She is shameless!

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Grifters gonna grift

That's hilarious!

22 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Surprised that so far no one has yet picked up on oor Devi gracing the front page of a fashion magazine: 

https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2022/11/health-professor-goes-glam-as-grazia-cover-star/amp/

309B8FEB-D392-4C3D-8675-167C6B56FE6D.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Wid btw. But wouldn’t hing aboot for my breakfast. 

Aye, breaking the stereotype that you have to be clever to be a professor.

Edited by strichener

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I've said it enough times, how can America be the richest most powerfull nation on earth when it is rammed full of absolute cranks? 

we just don't know 

A: The educated elites successfully manage* the political system to keep the absolute cranks at arm's length. 

* most of the time

55 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Lockdown lovers won't be able to accept this. Oddly enough the Swedes don't have such a problem.

That’s really interesting:

1. What Swedish data are you referring to?

2. Wales saw a decrease in child speech delays over the same period.  I take it they didn’t lock down?

^^^ SG Lockdown Lover found

Wee Bully:

1. Sweden never shut schools, you wally. 🥴

2. 'Child speech delays increase due to lockdowns'... bUt WaLeS!!111

There have been similar rises in Scotland, with children needing communication support increasing by 20% in the last two years.

Scotland the worst performers of the lot. Oh dear.

I'm sure the Welsh data couldn't possibly be incomplete and/or an outlier, given trends in Europe and worldwide. 🤪

At least China won't need to be concerned for the way its weans are being abused thanks to Mark Drakeford's pioneering!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You've got to be very careful with statistics. Particularly with averages. It can hide important issues.

"......in the last two years. In Wales there was a slight decrease overall, but some councils have seen rises."

Couldn’t; agree more.  Which is why I responded as I did.  

Fascinated to see this Swedish data

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

^^^ SG Lockdown Lover found

Wee Bully:

1. Sweden never shut schools, you wally. 🥴

2. 'Child speech delays increase due to lockdowns'... bUt WaLeS!!111

Scotland the worst performers of the lot. Oh dear.

I'm sure the Welsh data couldn't possibly be incomplete and/or an outlier, given trends in Europe and worldwide. 🤪

At least China won't need to be concerned for the way its weans are being abused thanks to Mark Drakeford's pioneering!

Sweden didn’t shut down schools - what does their data look like?  You are the one who used it as a comparison, so I presume you have it to hand?

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No idea what elixir is comparing this to and why he's so confident Sweden's data is any better than the UKs but the one thing I can be absolutely 100% certain of is that you are not actually fascinated to see any such thing, you naughty sealioning wee scamp.

I will say however that those who actually work in that sector with these kids are blaming lockdown themselves so I wouldn't rule it out so dismissively as you've done.

I didn’t dismiss it at all, as it is an obvious conclusion to draw from the data.  I would note however that the Welsh data doesn’t support that conclusion, and the data charts provided show us that it has been an increasing issue even before lockdown

What I am absolutely fascinated to see is the data @Elixir has which conclusively proves the point by showing what has happened in Sweden.

The loony fringe will seemingly seize upon anything (even making up Swedish data - happy to be corrected) to prove their “point”.  Pointing out these weaknesses should provide rigour to the debate.  Lessons need to be learned.  Making shit up doesn’t help that.