Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I usually have Sky News up while I'm working, and the two people they brought on to talk about it were... Christina Pagel and Kit Yates. 🥴

Not even trying with a new super duper new variant this time, yet still claiming "we just don't know" the outcome of a wave of the same old shanicron that has already shown itself to be a nothing burger 🥴

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Amazing thread. Second tweet is the best for me, “handful of mavericks”

I preferred his tantrum about getting negative reviews from students for being a completely uninterpretable freak show in the classroom tbh. What will happen when the unstoppable force of his Shan cold virtue-signalling meets the immovable object of a student that needs to lip read to aid understanding? 

Spoiler

Hopefully the ending of a tragic, self-centred career. 

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

HoarseBleakDwarfmongoose-max-1mb.gif

Aside from the obvious cannot afford a lockdown even if they wanted one it would be quite interesting to see how plums like Clownshoes would attempt to justify (and you know he would 100% gleefully try to do so) the need for masks and/or one now, when a much larger wave of the same virus passed without so much as a whimper in the summer.

They also can't afford to support businesses financially for cutting their revenue streams for a third consecutive festive period so it will be a hilarious charade (that will be roundly ignored) if they bring back mandatory facemasks for walking into a packed room only to allow you to take it off for the entirety of the time you are in it.

These cretins are desperate to avoid a restriction free winter passing by without societal collapse as it will highlight their expertise for exactly what it is - nonsense.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The fantasy island parallel universe these supposedly intelligent experts live in must be quite something. Aye nae bother, we'll all just set fire to what's left of society after the past two-and-a-half years while the cost of living crisis, energy crisis, and war in Europe (with nuclear sabre-rattling/blackmail) continues. All for what is now a glorified cold that nearly every c**t has since been exposed to anyway. iZT8ghc.png

They need checked for mental illness/criminal intentions/substance abuse, IMO. Thankfully, there is absolutely zero chance of anything happening ever again.

The ratio on this is a belter:

Big RIP. heh.png

Edited by Elixir

By f*** the Scottish booster system makes it difficult to opt out after getting an email effectively saying "surprise! we've given you an appointment at xx:xx on xx/xx/xx".   Forced to phone up to cancel altogether (as opposed to reschedule, which you can do online), taking 22 mins.

If I wasn't at a loose end with speaker phone in the background then I'd have been hanging up after 5 mins.   Can imagine there being a lot of no-shows because of that.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

By f*** the Scottish booster system makes it difficult to opt out after getting an email effectively saying "surprise! we've given you an appointment at xx:xx on xx/xx/xx".   Forced to phone up to cancel altogether (as opposed to reschedule, which you can do online), taking 22 mins.

If I wasn't at a loose end with speaker phone in the background then I'd have been hanging up after 5 mins.   Can imagine there being a lot of no-shows because of that.

They also don't appear to allow you to accept the flu vaccine but cancel the covid one

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Doing this, then inevitably whinging about the strain no-shows put on the NHS is right in "totally losing the run of themselves" territory. Vaccines, whilst they played an enormous role in exiting the pandemic and for me, getting dose 1 and 2 was the right thing to do, are firmly into personal preference territory alongside the flu jag for me. 

So in the last 10 days my mrs has had covid, she only tested after being alerted by a friend who herself had it. nothing more than one day of mild headache and a bit of nasal congestion through the week. I never tested positive once. we both got the initial 2 doses of the vaccine but decided against getting any more / boosters, the last jag we had was in august last year.

She can be a bit of a hypochandriach at times and back in 2020 was absolutely terrified of covid being convinced it meant certain death. even she said it was f**k all

btw dawson park boy forgets that other folk live in falkirk too. it's down to only a handfull of individuals wearing masks now, very rare

My job involves me being in and out of hospitals in Fife. Even when masks were ditched folk still wore them in the hospital settings with most hospitals having boxes of masks at the entrance and pretty much everyone adhering to wearing them. Today when I went in there was no tables at the main entrance and I didn't know why. Lots of people walking about maskless until you got onto the wards. Had no idea why or what was going on then bumped into a few of the nurses who said no longer need to wear masks if walking about the hospital and only expectation is you wear one when speaking to patients or on a ward. Anyway, the hospital I was in today was rife with COVID.