Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Can see there bring lots of reports like this. My own GP surgery seems to have done OK seeing patients through the pandemic, but I know other folk who have found it virtually impossible to get a face to face appointment over the last couple of years.

My wife phoned for an appointment last week. She asked for a phone one and was refused - all appointments face to face now unless the patient has mobility issues and physically cannot get to the surgery.

On 25/09/2022 at 12:16, philpy said:

I'm taking no more jabs. Felt like shite after the 2nd one, so they can f**k off.

Same here.  The last two jags made me feel worse than when I actually had the bloody virus. 

With one of them, I felt so zapped that I had to take a rest every 100m or so whilst walking a mile around a local farm track.  Genuinely felt like I'd done an 6hr climby/crawly achy-arm caving trip.  

I'll be phoning them up today to politely decline the booster that they automatically booked me in for because I have a condition that apparently gives a "slightly increased risk".   Slight chance of that without booster vs likely chance a booster will make me feel like shit? Hmmm...

Lunacy at my local chemist where they've just refused service to three folk who don't have masks on them.  To rub salt in the wound, the wifie in the prescription section took her's down to speak to someone more clearly.  Very much "do as I say, not as I do". 

I'll stock up on the non-over the counter products at the supermarket instead.  Do they even have the right to do this?  Granted they deal with prescriptions from the NHS, but I'm not convinced they're actually an NHS site, despite sticking logos over the shop.  Even if they do, f*** em.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Lunacy at my local chemist where they've just refused service to three folk who don't have masks on them.  To rub salt in the wound, the wifie in the prescription section took her's down to speak to someone more clearly.  Very much "do as I say, not as I do". 

I'll stock up on the non-over the counter products at the supermarket instead.  Do they even have the right to do this?  Granted they deal with prescriptions from the NHS, but I'm not convinced they're actually an NHS site, despite sticking logos over the shop.  Even if they do, f*** em.

Very strange indeed.

Can’t say I’ve come across anything like that.

My local chemist is completely mask free. Staff and customers apart from the odd fanatic but that’s there choice.

However, to refuse service. Surely that’s illegal!!

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very strange indeed.

My local chemist is completely mask free. Staff and customers apart from the odd fanatic but that’s there choice.

Places can refuse service to anyone they want and they don't have to give a reason.

14 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Places can refuse service to anyone they want and they don't have to give a reason.

This is true, but what they can't do is make a reason up and/or make the reason one that is discriminatory.

It's why retail staff etc were generally advised not to challenge people not wearing masks.

Masks now, of course, are not mandatory so it's not discriminatory to refuse someone service for not wearing one anymore so than it would be to refuse service to anyone not wearing a polo shirt.

It is, however, stupid from a business POV as customers can (and will) just go elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very strange indeed.

Same with my local chemist. My local dental practice however still asks people to wear them. 

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

What was the reaction form the customers?

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Well f*** you then", although not exactly in those words.

I would hope these places would at least carry disposable masks to offer people as most now will not expect to have to wear one. If they then refuse when offered that is their choice but I would be mighty pissed off at being refused service as I didn't have one on me and they weren't offering either.

Ukraine flag to show she's against authoritarianism, though. Definitely no hypocrisy at play to keep the grift going.

Plus, there's always more about just how seriously China continues to take Covid:

Is there really much point in this inquiry if the utter disaster that was 'lockdown' is forever ruled out as being 'public health' policy in a future pandemic? It would also help to have suitable healthcare capacity, adequate reserves of PPE for those who require it, and keep the pathogen out of care homes / test people prior to being moved there. It's not difficult stuff.

Edited by Elixir

The inquiry is pointless unless it addresses the following:

That there is seemingly absolutely no consequences for the "experts" that caused a panic response with their outrageous models and rhetoric.

That the NHS is fundamentally broken and requires major optimisation and investment. That would require increased levels of taxation, though, so will almost certainly not happen.

Absolutely everything that happened can be linked back to at least one of those two factors.

Given the inquiry should be about making sure the response to future pandemics is not as disastrous as this one, It's also absolutely vital that it bins immediately the idea that it is/was possible to control the spread or prevent everyone catching an airborne virus, even if doing so upsets people.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given the inquiry should be about making sure the response to future pandemics is not as disastrous as this one, It's also absolutely vital that it bins immediately the idea that it is/was possible to control the spread or prevent everyone catching an airborne virus, even if doing so upsets people.

Yup. More honesty and less fantasy island stuff from the outset also should have happened. It should have been made clear that in time, essentially every human on the planet would be exposed.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You can add the general population's pathetically childish inability to accept that people die as part of the cycle of life to that list.

That drove politicians to make decisions based on saving their electoral skins.

And the net result was a trashed economy in most developed nations for zero gain whatsoever.

Yup. Death by natural causes by folk who were at death's door and would be pan breed in six months anyway. Think I'd rather a quick death by ole Rona than rotting away in a care home, not even aware that a fart would probably blow me over. There had also been a mild influenza season the winter prior to March 2020 making these punters ripe for harvesting, sad as that may be.