Coronavirus (COVID-19)

48 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm a member of YouGov and they do a daily poll and one of the questions today was what should be the priority regarding Covid.

Screenshot_2022-09-22-15-44-48-312_com.yougov.mobile.online.thumb.jpg.7298b6c78096eb607d04a0e5b112fe8d.jpg

I can't believe the "SaVe EvRy LiFe" is still scoring so high, especially at a time when we have rising costs and an economy on the verge of recession.

I guess for a lot of people it's a emotive response.

YouGov is utter gubbins, mind.

In the comments, both diehard nationalists who used to love Scotland trying to be different over Covid, and folk who aren't Covid Crazies, are uniting to tell the BBC where to go...

Oh how times change.

Just had our fifth and sixth "winter" shots. For the first time we were called  forward to  a local hospital rather than the surgery. Once there, we were instructed to maintain social distancing and to wear masks at all times within the premises.  Clearly the NHS doesn't do irony or demonstrate any confidence in the product.

I get why in very specific clinical settings masks might need to be worn.

But why do we continually see these morons still wearing them while shopping? It's bizarre because they are often accompanied by an unmasked partner - don't they understand that masks were never about protecting the individual?

46 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Just had our fifth and sixth "winter" shots. For the first time we were called  forward to  a local hospital rather than the surgery. Once there, we were instructed to maintain social distancing and to wear masks at all times within the premises.  Clearly the NHS doesn't do irony or demonstrate any confidence in the product.

Just say no.

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wife and I are going to our local hospital for jabs tomorrow.

We’ll not be wearing masks.

If we get banned I’ll report accordingly.

Does your wife ever rebel against the Dawson Park rulebook? Even just with an inner cringe and a little sigh?

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Does your wife ever rebel against the Dawson Park rulebook? Even just with an inner cringe and a little sigh?

She has her own views and refused the second booster unlike myself as she was poorly after the first booster.

She is for the flu jab but not sure what she’ll do tomorrow about the 3rd booster.

Who knows, I might follow her line.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

She has her own views and refused the second booster unlike myself as she was poorly after the first booster.

She is for the flu jab but not sure what she’ll do tomorrow about the 3rd booster.

Who knows, I might follow her line.

I'm confused, how can she be having the 3rd booster after refusing the second?

40 minutes ago, strichener said:

I'm confused, how can she be having the 3rd booster after refusing the second?

Well, in her case the 2nd booster.

I presume they’re the same. Just that she didn’t take up the offer for the 2nd one.

There’s a lot of controversy over these boosters and everyone needs to make up their own mind.

You need one booster to enter Spain and possibly other countries? Doesn’t seem to matter how long ago it was.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, in her case the 2nd booster.

I presume they’re the same. Just that she didn’t take up the offer for the 2nd one.

There’s a lot of controversy over these boosters and everyone needs to make up their own mind.

You need one booster to enter Spain and possibly other countries? Doesn’t seem to matter how long ago it was.

If you have had only 2 jabs then the second must be less than 270 days ago. If you have had three the date of the last doesn't matter.

Just back from Tenerife. Spain insist masks are mandatory on planes to and from the country but not even the staff wearing them.

In the country itself, most taxi drivers didn’t require masks despite them being mandatory however they were strictly enforced by bus drivers although half of the passengers were lowering them below their nose as soon as they sat down.

What a depressing read

Dying patient should have been seen in person

"Pretty much every time my heart beats, I'm getting these pains," David told the nurse.

He was actually due to be seen in person at the GP surgery that day, for the blood tests booked some 19 days earlier, when he had presented with neck lumps.

But - fearing he could have coronavirus, despite a negative PCR test - the nurse cancelled the bloods and asked David to retest for Covid.

In its investigation, NHS England found "the overarching benefit [of this decision] was less than the risk with going ahead with blood tests".

What a depressing read
Dying patient should have been seen in person

"Pretty much every time my heart beats, I'm getting these pains," David told the nurse.

He was actually due to be seen in person at the GP surgery that day, for the blood tests booked some 19 days earlier, when he had presented with neck lumps.

But - fearing he could have coronavirus, despite a negative PCR test - the nurse cancelled the bloods and asked David to retest for Covid.

In its investigation, NHS England found "the overarching benefit [of this decision] was less than the risk with going ahead with blood tests".

Can see there bring lots of reports like this. My own GP surgery seems to have done OK seeing patients through the pandemic, but I know other folk who have found it virtually impossible to get a face to face appointment over the last couple of years.