Coronavirus (COVID-19)

In a few more years this will be like everyone just accepting that Saudi Arabia did 9/11.

As for the vaccine stuff I don't watch GB News so I have no idea what they are saying but if the government (UK or Scottish) want to prove that the increase in excess mortality isn't related to the vaccine they should simply just start publishing excess mortality broken down by vaccine status as they did for the entirety of 2021.

It does seem a bit off that politicians who were on TV giving it teary "every death's a tragedy" for two years are now completely uninterested in excess deaths. 

Edited by Detournement

28 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Wasn't there a Still Game episode where they got locked inside a Costco? Soothsayers IMHO.

It features in 'Dial-a-Bus'. 

Whilst Jack and Victor are being driven around by the driver going off on one, Tam goes to Costco with Navid, eats a load of samples and spews. 

Whilst Jack and Victor are being driven around by the driver going off on one, Tam goes to Costco with Navid, eats a load of samples and spews. 
Tam gets electrocuted and stops being a tight-arse in the hyperdales episode. One of my favourites actually.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
51 minutes ago, Michael W said:

"Nut Nuggies" IIRC

"I just don't know if my customers will like them". 

14 hours ago, Michael W said:

Is it not the ep when the Mega store opens and puts Navide out of business, he stays in it overnight to burn it down. Tam had been electrocuted and was really generous, then they have to lock him in a cage?

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows
Eta. Think its the hyperdales ep.

19 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Is it not the ep when the Mega store opens and puts Navide out of business, he stays in it overnight to burn it down. Tam had been electrocuted and was really generous, then they have to lock him in a cage?

Hyperdales is indeed a completely different episode, in dial a bus boaby the barman goes cycling & winston convinces the stand in barman from the brewery that he's the real owner and gives away free bevy whilst jack victor and isa get driven around by Robbie Coltrane 

The best Still Game episode featuring a supermarket is when Winston breaks the first rule of trolley recovery. He lets a dangerous rogue trolley, head for a really pricey brief.

Deaths in Scotland spike to almost 10% above average

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62968888

'No single factor'

Julie Ramsay, a vital events statistician at NRS, said: "In this quarter we have seen an increase of almost 10% in the number of deaths compared with the average for this time of year.

"There doesn't appear to be a single factor behind this increase.

I can think of a possible ‘single factor’……

it’s strange why they don’t want to investigate it though….

12 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Deaths in Scotland spike to almost 10% above average

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62968888

'No single factor'

Julie Ramsay, a vital events statistician at NRS, said: "In this quarter we have seen an increase of almost 10% in the number of deaths compared with the average for this time of year.

"There doesn't appear to be a single factor behind this increase.

I can think of a possible ‘single factor’……

it’s strange why they don’t want to investigate it though….

Nothing to do with a serious backlog of cases? Missed cancer referrals, missed heart checks etc. during lockdown? And then there is the current NHS crisis - massive waiting times even for ambulances. 

I assume you're having a no-evidence pop at the vaccine. 

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Nothing to do with a serious backlog of cases? Missed cancer referrals, missed heart checks etc. during lockdown? And then there is the current NHS crisis - massive waiting times even for ambulances. 

I assume you're having a no-evidence pop at the vaccine. 

It does, however, need investigating.