Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

I'd be lying if I said I was following face covering "recommendations" for a while, is there any setting that the SG still expects them to be worn, even if not mandatory?

They still try to get you to wear them in healthcare settings such as doctors, dentists, etc.

I don’t and in my GP surgery am refused admittance to the waiting room but I just stand in the hall.

The whole thing is a nonsensical charade.

27 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

They still try to get you to wear them in healthcare settings such as doctors, dentists, etc.

I don’t and in my GP surgery am refused admittance to the waiting room but I just stand in the hall.

Was at the dentist a few weeks ago fand they asked me to wear a mask while waiting to get seen. 

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's hit and miss. My dentist doesn't ask for face masks but our GP surgery apparently does.

My ex-optician is still asking people to use handwash when they enter and wear masks. It seems the OCD freaks just don't want to let go but it's their businesses they are killing with all this childish nonsense.

Mr Manky Hands outing himself again. 

7 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.gov.scot/news/facemasks-no-longer-recommended-in-social-care/

Feels like ScotGov are softening their stance on face masks and hopefully a sign that they won't be forced upon the general public this coming autumn/winter.

There's no more political capital to try and gain from it, and they need to keep independence on the front pages.

Read a great article the other day by Lionel Shriver where she bewails the ease in which Governments throughout the world completely brainwashed their citizenry into accepting lockdowns when there was absolutely no need.

In fact they managed to do it to the extent that people were crying out for more.
Scary stuff.

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Read a great article the other day by Lionel Shriver where she bewails the ease in which Governments throughout the world completely brainwashed their citizenry into accepting lockdowns when there was absolutely no need.

In fact they managed to do it to the extent that people were crying out for more.
Scary stuff.

Did she speculate on reasons for their "warped agenda"? I hope it was excessive prudence rather than something more sinister.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's hit and miss. My dentist doesn't ask for face masks but our GP surgery apparently does.

My ex-optician is still asking people to use handwash when they enter and wear masks. It seems the OCD freaks just don't want to let go but it's their businesses they are killing with all this childish nonsense.

Blood Donors ask you to wear one, except when you are on the bed. 😕

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Standing in the hall instead of sitting comfortably in the waiting room you mean?

Edited by welshbairn

The Covid Crazies were saying auld Betty snuffed it because she had Covid last year, and this shows it can have consequences later on down the line, even if you recover. 😅

The fact she was 96-years-old and that such people do in fact die hasn't crossed their minds. 🤪

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Only reason for that is that it's very difficult to get rid of an MP between general elections. They either need to get a prison sentence of over 12 months (automatic by-election), or they are subject to a recall petition if any of the following happen:

1) Any prison sentence shorter than 12 months

2) Suspension from the house of commons for 10 or more days

3) Convicted of an offence for false parliamentary expenses.

The 2nd one is the one they might get Ferrier on as she has referred herself to the parliamentary standards watchdog. If that imposes a 10+ ban then a recall petition can be triggered and a by-election would be called if at least 10% of her constituents sign it.

If she can get through to the next general election then its NAP that she will stand as an independent rather than resigning because there is a large parachute payment for any sitting MP who loses their seat at a general election.

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Long thread about GB News’ vaccine conspiracist turn. I have never watched the channel and didn’t realise how heavily they were leaning into this for content.

After the end of the letter he adds more about Mark Steyn's "expert" guests, like Dr Guy Hatchard.

Realistically it was over 6-12 months ago, but it will be nice to have it 'officially confirmed'. The Crazies will pivot to full on conspiracy mode when even the WHO have finally declared it over. 😃