Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, D.V.T. said:

This disease has really fucked some people up

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand that full thread.

The first 4 lines suggest that having a life, job and family is to "choose COVID".  He then uses multiple Tweets to describe other things that are apparently to "choose COVID".

Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He's telling us what we've all known for 2 years. A lack of leadership at the top caused politicians in government to abdicate responsibility for decision-making by hiding behind scientists who either have little or no social lives and don't understand how humans function or who have the media whoring instincts of a Love Island contestant.

Not sure about that.  Wasn't the doomsayer in chief outed as a top shagger in the early days?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pity he didn’t come out with his views a lot earlier.

He did.

The proposal for the two-week lockdown went before the Cabinet Office’s Covid-19 operation committee, where it is said to have been accepted by Hancock and Gove. Plans were started to announce the circuit-breaker.

However, Sunak was the dissenting voice. On Friday evening, the chancellor met Johnson to express his concern about how damaging the quick lockdown could be to the economy.

The meeting resulted in invitations being sent out to the four academics — Gupta, Heneghan, Edmunds and Tegnell — to speak at Downing Street on Sunday, September 20. The presence of Tegnell, Sweden’s leading epidemiologist, was particularly controversial because his country had suffered a high death rate during the first wave. To date, Sweden has suffered 7,354 deaths from the virus compared with 442 and 918 in neighbouring Finland and Denmark respectively.

Many thought then his policies might have achieved some herd immunity, but infections would begin to rocket upwards again not long after he spoke at No 10. Tegnell now says a herd immunity approach is “highly unethical”.

The meeting seemed to convince Johnson. Afterwards, he called in his team and ruled out a lockdown. In doing so, he dismissed the arguments of Sage expert Edmunds, who was warning of a “catastrophe” if it was not introduced.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/48-hours-in-september-when-ministers-and-scientists-split-over-covid-lockdown-vg5xbpsfx

Funnily enough, my mrs has a friend living in the states, Seatle to be precise, i saw on facebook in july that he had attended some concert and in the picture absolutely everyone, including the performers were wearing masks. being the absolute sad bastart that i am ( no denying ), i googled it, Washington state ended their indoor mask mandate in March, but the venue, called Benaroya hall if anyone is interested had stated on their website " after a decision taken in conjunction with other arts centres in Seatle, we are keeping our mandatory mask policy for the time being, any persons without a face covering will be denied entry and those who remove their face covering once inside will be asked to leave"

two things interesting their

1. it seems the UK was some sort of outlier ( i'm sure other countries MUST have had medical exemptions) in that it specifically instructed establishments NOT to enforce or challange, friends of mine livin abroad said that you simply couldnt walk into a shop or other establishment maskless without at least being challanged, a friend in portugal remarked that he had to trek all the way home after forgetting his as the supermarket staff wouldn't let him in, yet, there has been very very few instances of someone being refused entry of kicked out for lack of mask. i'm pretty sure if i sparked up a fag in the theatre the bouncers would be over to kick me out sharpish!

2. taken in conjunction with other arts centres in Seatle -  we've talked about the old firm style polarisation before, but in America it's absolute on sterioids, probably becuase of trump. there's no way these fannys actually think that a theatre full of punters is any safer becuase of a peace of cloth, there's no social distancing - every seat is full.  It is 100% a game of get it up the other side. the same pish that sam and UK centrist screeched on about in their twitter posts.  you can absolutely guarentee that if the right wing had argued for the use of masks then the left would come out against this " dehumanising " " scientifically baseless " theatre measure.

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

33 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Only 3 covid cases in ICU today.

Not sure anyone pays a blind bit of attention to the numbers these days except for a sad b*****d like me. 

Where are you finding them?  I didn't realise they were still being produced.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Where are you finding them?  I didn't realise they were still being produced.

tabby guy. Scotland Coronavirus Tracker (travellingtabby.com)

image.thumb.png.e27210774f44a1f777a80eafa45b40df.png

Deaths aren't reported any more. Not really sure why the rest are. Nobody gives a shite now.

Even Nippy won't dare to try any nonsense in the winter 'wave'. 

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Only 3 covid cases in ICU today.

Not sure anyone pays a blind bit of attention to the numbers these days except for a sad b*****d like me. 

Not to worry - winter is coming!

29 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

tabby guy. Scotland Coronavirus Tracker (travellingtabby.com)

image.thumb.png.e27210774f44a1f777a80eafa45b40df.png

Deaths aren't reported any more. Not really sure why the rest are. Nobody gives a shite now.

Even Nippy won't dare to try any nonsense in the winter 'wave'.

Agreed. It was bad enough living through covid here where the Scottish Government dragged the arse out of things far longer than necessary. That said, at least as a collective society the overwhelming majority of people in Scotland have returned to pre-pandemic social norms since April, almost like the flick of a switch. As mentioned above, I can only imagine how enraging and soul-destroying it must be living somewhere like Canada, parts of the US, and even Germany, etc, where it isn't being fully let go just yet...

Hilariously, it was only as recently as February/March that the bald, speccy tube was telling us the way we live would have to change permanently because of covid - masks, testing, 'certification' - would all play a part. 🥴🥴🥴

43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks for unearthing that.

Afraid I don’t have the energy, time or inclination to source out stuff like that.

Well done.

I remembered it being briefly in the news at the time so it took 2 seconds. I wasn't going to spend time bigging up Sunak as a Covid sceptic hero just for you!

Edited by welshbairn

On 19/08/2022 at 12:33, Dawson Park Boy said:

Haven’t been in an NHS hospital for some time but are they still going through all the pantomime of social distancing, masks, Covid separation, etc., etc., ?

All that nonsense must be holding back the throughput of patients

Have been in a private hospital and everything seemed normal apart from medical staff wearing masks.

Mrs was at the doctors on Wednesday and after walking through to reception got asked to put on a mask despite being the only one in reception. 

On 25/08/2022 at 07:38, D.V.T. said:

This disease has really fucked some people up

That’s someone who’s been fucked up by social media just as much as covid. 

Playing to the gallery of their twitter team for likes, retweets and ‘seethe’ from the nasty anti covid people. 

Its fucking depressing. 

17 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Mrs was at the doctors on Wednesday and after walking through to reception got asked to put on a mask despite being the only one in reception. 

If she was the only one in reception who told her to put  a mask on?

36 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Anyone know if people in China are still genuinely scared of Covid?  Hard to get any idea of public opinion in China I guess.

I had assumed that people in these videos are running away so they don't get caught as a close contact and have severe isolation at home or in a Covid facility.  I don't know though.