Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Chinese are still at it...

There were chaotic scenes at an Ikea store in Shanghai on Saturday, with shoppers trying to escape as authorities tried to quarantine them.

Health officials were attempting to lock the store in Xuhui district down as a customer had been in close contact with a positive Covid case.

Videos show the guards closing the doors at one point, but a crowd forced them open and made their escape.

I finally succumbed to the plague COVID a couple of weeks ago and other than one day where I kept jumping between being too hot and too cold, and my heart rate kept spiking (according to my Apple Watch), it wasn't really any worse than a mild cold, or allergies. In fact, I first thought it was hayfever because I'd been cutting back some bushes in the garden the day before I first felt something was up. It was then more a procession of individual symptoms rather than everything at once.

I only found out it was COVID because I had some tests left over from when my work was giving them out, and I was mildly curious.

If that's what COVID now is, there's absolutely no reason for anyone not to be living their 2019-style lives again. And yes, I know that everyone will have a different experience. But a family member who is considered clinically vulnerable also came down with it and their symptoms were even milder than mine...go figure... 

A vaccine designed to protect against two variants that are pretty much non-existant by now (Wuhan & BA.1).

What is the point?

"Originally those aged 50-65 were not going to be jabbed. However, the immunisation campaign has been expanded because of the fast spread of variants, uncertainty about how the virus will mutate and the expectation that we will be more social this winter than in previous years - giving the virus more chance to spread."

This vaccine will do nothing against any new variant that appears this Winter, which is the only way we will have a winter wave. 

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

The Chinese are still at it...

Wee Ikea hotdog and some meatballs while chilling on your choice of bed. Could be worse I guess.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

A vaccine designed to protect against two variants that are pretty much non-existant by now (Wuhan & BA.1).

What is the point?

"Originally those aged 50-65 were not going to be jabbed. However, the immunisation campaign has been expanded because of the fast spread of variants, uncertainty about how the virus will mutate and the expectation that we will be more social this winter than in previous years - giving the virus more chance to spread."

This vaccine will do nothing against any new variant that appears this Winter, which is the only way we will have a winter wave. 

Wonder if this will help the next non-Shanicron variant to evolve.

On 12/08/2022 at 16:31, Todd_is_God said:

Incredibly, Germany really is going ahead with masking (on public transport anyway) from October - April

😂

Lost all respect for them when England bodied them at the Euros last summer. This after their Russia-Ukraine response basically makes them a fully bona fide banter nation now. I'm sure folk will be relieved about this and not whether or not they'll be able to heat their homes this winter. 🥴

Once PiS are hopefully turfed out in the next elections in Poland, they can become the new powerhouse in central Europe. Absolutely nae c**t gives a shite about covid there.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Tony Blair asking for compulsory masks to be reintroduced on public transport and other indoor public spaces, and all over 18s offered yet another vaccine.

f**k off. 

Germany are doing an App where it shows your exact vaccination status and anyone who has had the newest vaccine won't have to wear a mask. 

Blair will be pushing for the same thing here soon. 

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Germany are doing an App where it shows your exact vaccination status and anyone who has had the newest vaccine won't have to wear a mask. 

I was in Germany yesterday. This is categorically not true. 

29 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Tony Blair asking for compulsory masks to be reintroduced on public transport and other indoor public spaces, and all over 18s offered yet another vaccine.

f**k off. 

These gimps are desperate.

They need a winter where masks are in place and nothing happens to show 'proof' they really do work afterall. Every winter going forward is a perfect opportunity as if there is no new variant then bingo! Look how they worked.

Of course, if they are in place and there is a wave, then just think how much worse it would have been without them!!!!

They've already been shown up (again) when the wave just there (predictably) fucked off on its own - a quiet winter with no restrictions in place and they are finished for good.

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

They are bringing masks back on public transport from October 1st, though, and their health minister is very keen on a traffic light vaccination status system.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They are bringing masks back on public transport from October 1st, though, and their health minister is very keen on a traffic light vaccination status system.

They never got rid of them on transport. They're bringing back the possibility of mandating them in indoors/outdoors again. 

Here's the Health Minister, Jacob Reeß-Mögg. 

csm_Lauterbach_Portrait-hochformat_orig_98f7c74a4d.jpg

53 minutes ago, Donathan said:

It's planned for through the winter. 

I think Nippy will keep her heid down this year as Scottish people have clearly demonstrated that there is no possible restriction which will stop them getting Covid.  

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

f**k off.

Detournement likes this...

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

...ding, ding, ding!

He'll just be ignored again like every other time throughout the pandemic.

Covid is FINISH unless some places like Germany or certain blue states in the US are unfortunate enough to have health ministers or governors who have been indoctrinated by the Cult of Covid. Sooner or later, though, they will be out on their arse and these places will also move on like the rest of the world already has.

It will be hilarious when masks (again) make absolutely no difference to health outcomes this winter in Germany versus here, the Nordics, or elsewhere that won't require them.

The revolution is back!!!! At least 50 people now at work are not wearing masks.

Some of them have been questioned, why? I don't now!

Long live love @SlipperyP

At lunch we are a Union.

Eta - I started working here in July '20, I've never seen there faces before. It's great!

Edited by SlipperyP

An MP has pled guilty to breaching Covid rules after travelling by train despite knowing she had the virus.

Margaret Ferrier spoke in parliament while awaiting the results of a Covid test.

She then took the train home to Glasgow after being told she had tested positive.

Ms Ferrier admitted that she had culpably and recklessly exposed the public to the virus ahead of a trial at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

She was elected as an SNP MP but lost the whip and now sits as an independent.

The MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West took a Covid test on Saturday 26 September because she had a "tickly throat".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62589375

I didn't know this was still an active case.

Edited by NorthernLights