Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why not just say what you really mean - that you will reserve judgement on the opinions of anyone who holds a different view / opinion to your own.

A more rational position to take than your own, which is to call anyone who disagrees with you a lying simp.

The offshore operator that I'm working with has changed their rules so that you can wander about the rig and even get on a full chopper with a positive Covid test, as long as you "feel fine".

This is two months after the HSE guy would have a meltdown if there were more than four folk in a room.  Mental turnaround.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A more rational position to take than your own, which is to call anyone who disagrees with you a lying simp.

I'm not sure I've ever called anyone a "lying simp"

However, no, it's not actually rational at all in the context of your argument.

He's saying that he believes it came from American biotechnology but there has been no investigation so he can't say with any certainty. He then says he believes that the lack of an investigation is because they are hiding their guilt. 

It's a huge statement from a completely credible mainstream figure. Despite that it probably won't have any more impact than the information that the Oil companies knew about and covered up climate change for decades. 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

^^^ Absolutely furious that the hypocrisy of his post was called out.

I love the way you always look to see how the dotting's going before joining in. :lol:

Wearing a face mask on the bus to the shops and back is all we need to finally bring this thing under control! 🤪🤪

It couldn't possibly rise and fall on its own (again) without anyone giving a toss or doing anything, just as it has in South Africa and Portugal! 🥴🥴

It’s quite bizarre what’s going on just now. 

I keep seeing repeated stories about this new wave, and how we shouldn’t panic etc etc but this time I don’t think I know a single person who cares. 

Even the ones at my work who were terrified at Christmas don’t mention it anymore, even if they’ve had it. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Specsavers today. Staff all masked up. An old guy walked in and immediately apologised for forgetting his. The staff whapped out a boxful and gave him one. 

It was really strange all round. 

In bank today, Virgin Money. About 80% customers and staff masked.

In Morrison’s. About 50%.

The fear is back!

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s quite bizarre what’s going on just now. 

I keep seeing repeated stories about this new wave, and how we shouldn’t panic etc etc but this time I don’t think I know a single person who cares. 

Even the ones at my work who were terrified at Christmas don’t mention it anymore, even if they’ve had it. 

It's not bizarre at all. 

The fear dial has been turned down on the telly and social media. It'll be turned back up for the next pandemic.

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Specsavers today. Staff all masked up. An old guy walked in and immediately apologised for forgetting his. The staff whapped out a boxful and gave him one. 

It was really strange all round. 

Is specsavers classed as a medical setting?

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

In bank today, Virgin Money. About 80% customers and staff masked.

In Morrison’s. About 50%.

The fear is back!

I don't know when you're seeing this, I doubt I've noticed as much as 10 % anywhere I've been including the auld biddy's. even the Chinese students at Stirling uni weren't bothering when I was at the OH graduation last week

20 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I don't know when you're seeing this, I doubt I've noticed as much as 10 % anywhere I've been including the auld biddy's. even the Chinese students at Stirling uni weren't bothering when I was at the OH graduation last week

This morning between 10 and 11.30.

Its crazy but that’s what we’re seeing.

Even saw a couple hand in hand, both in their 60’s walking in the open all fully masked.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

Could it be they are planning to travel in the next week or so? I’m off at the end of this week with the family and we’ll all be masked up for the airport and flight. 

Screw getting covid on the way to the beach. If wearing a FFP2 mask can reduce the chances by 10% or more then I for one am happy to put up with the abuse.