Coronavirus (COVID-19)

STV News at Six telling us as many as 1 in 10 just had it in this latest 'wave', which has now peaked and there's pretty much nothing to worry about...

It's been nothing to worry about since last summer, like, but still.

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What I find staggering, no I really shouldn't be surprised now with MSM, they aren't on our side....is how little coverage news about removing our rights and freedoms without our consent gets now a days. They (the SG) slid this one in while everyone was distracted by announcements around Indyref 2 as if no one would give it much attention.

We are still under another 6 months (Sept) of these temporary laws right now.

It was this bit that caught my eye most:

“The Covid Recovery Committee heard in evidence at our consultation just how much concern there was from stakeholders over a lot of what was proposed in this legislation.

“The committee survey had nearly 4,000 responses, which I think may well be unprecedented, with as many as 90% of people who responded expressing concern about what is proposed in this Bill.

I know it gets mentioned on here that this lot act like they are untouchable, but when they do things like this it's hard to argue against that.

Good luck to them imposing lockdowns etc without any of that sweet WM money to prop them up anyway.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

The 4,000 responses reads like incredible. I just look at it shake my head and think so that number of people would fit into the Caledonian Stadium equal say to watching ICT when they are doing well vs say Aberdeen or Dundee Utd . It could fit into many smaller lower league grounds as well. For something that big I can't help looking at these numbers in that context being a football fan.

But that is 90% of that 4000 whom are awake to this power grab away from ordinary people. What doesn't get a mention is that these powers will still be around when eventually the SNP lose power, how will the successors deal with it? My guess the same as the Labour Party will deal with Brexit when eventually the Tories lose a GE, they carry on of course, picking up the baton.

I'll be honest I had no idea how, where, or when to give my opinion on it, and I imagine I'm not alone in that.

On 25/06/2022 at 17:46, Captain Saintsible said:

It’s ironic that most of the angriest voices supporting pro choice in the Roe v Wade decision are those who wanted to force covid vaccinations on everyone 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

18 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

mourinho-shaking-head.gif

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Good luck to them imposing lockdowns etc without any of that sweet WM money to prop them up anyway.

Which is why it will have to be a 'No' from me if the vote goes ahead next October. bQshDtu.png

6,466 deaths above average with an underlying cause other than COVID-19 registered since April 23rd 2022 in the last 8 weeks according to latest ONS data.

This coincides with the spring rollout of fourth doses of the vaccine to the over-75s, which began around the end of March

Around 80% of the non-Covid excess deaths in May were in the over-75s.

The UKHSA has registered around 4 million booster doses distributed to over-75s since March 21st up to June 19th

Move along, nothing to see here…..

15 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

6,466 deaths above average with an underlying cause other than COVID-19 registered since April 23rd 2022 in the last 8 weeks according to latest ONS data.

This coincides with the spring rollout of fourth doses of the vaccine to the over-75s, which began around the end of March

The UKHSA has registered around 4 million booster doses distributed to over-75s since March 21st up to June 19th

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Shock horror that post lockdown infections have suddenly increased and are causing deaths in the older populace.
It has absolutely f**k all to do with the vaccine.
It has been dispensed in its millions, there would be far more deaths had it been the cause.

7 hours ago, Girth said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

He talks utter pish the rest of the time but he's right on this occasion. those on the liberal and left side of the political spectrum, who were often the ones who shouted the loudest for masks, mandatory vaccines and other covid theater, were similar to the rangers fans who started waving Israeli flags in response to celtic fans and their Palestinian flags.

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Just had a quick look at the company belonging to Tom Moore's daughter and presumably her husband called Club Nook Limited.

They set it up in 2020 and in it's first year of trading it appears to have managed to place £480,000 in the profit and loss account with no investment of that sort made - so it looks like profit. There's also a £162,000 fee to "key management personnel" and there's £650,000 or thereabouts in cash. She's also setup a management consultancy company in the same year but that hasn't filed accounts yet.

Maybe it's all above board but there are going to be some questions for the daughter to answer here given the incredible numbers this company has generated from a standing start with just 2 members of staff (possibly Ingram and her husband themselves).

My feeling is that when this took off, the daughter imagined that this was a way to secure her own future. A six figure salary to manage a £30million+ fund might have seemed like a modest amount. I can imagine all the self justifications made. 

Last week was the last of face masks here, you can still wear if you want.

I've been the only person in a workforce of 1,500 not wearing, until today about 5 other folk didn't have them on....it's happening.

Still think it will be a good few months until nobody wears.  Very different here, we have been brainwashed.  

Turn on the news and the presenters are all still wearing them.  Little steps.

Ps.  I have never been asked why I'm not wearing.